• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why is so much MDMA manufactured in Holland ?

90sdance

Bluelighter
Can someone please explain this ? How come almost all MDMA (or at least real/quality MDMA) comes from the Netherlands ? I can understand how cocaine comes from certain countries in latin america, and how poppyfields are located in certain geographic areas and so on. But as MDMA can presumably be made anywhere why is its production almost non existent in most of the world ? I cant understand this, like why the Netherlands and not Germany or France ? or the US or Russia ? or China. I would have actually thought allot of poorer countries would be rife with the illicit manufacture of MD but it does not seem to be the case.

This is false, good MDMA is produced in other countries too. Netherlands is just the biggest of them all. Canada supplies much of Northern USA. Germany has its own domestic supply. South America also has its own domestic production.

-GC

i dont really know. all i ever read was that the dutch love their mdma...

What about Israel?

Edit: looks like the Israelis where manufacturing it in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

The ongoing concentration of “ecstasy” manufacture in Europe seems to be linked to the ability of the operators of such laboratories to employ a high degree of chemical expertise, innovation and flexibility in overcoming shortages in the supply of traditional precursors by identifying new, alternative substances that can be easily imported and used as pre-precursors. [Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), World Drug Report 2021]

MDMA can presumably be made anywhere
Most of what we got was European, with smaller intermittent batches of Aussie MDMA/MDA or US pills.

One night we had brown maple leaves (Canadian) and white kangaroos (South East Asian made for the Aussie market) available.

The kangaroos were stronger and speedier but seemed to have had a sharp, sudden decline I didn't care for. Everyone else preferred them though. I had the maples, they were lush. When the shops opened in the morning, I bought flowers for my girlfriend who had been sleeping all night.

One of the girls mentioned how nobody had ever done that for her, so my girlfriend paid it forward and we put flowers in her room the next day and she was so stoked.

Good vibes that weekend.

Point is, MDMA is made on virtually every continent and what goes for quality, varies from one person to the next.

This is false, good MDMA is produced in other countries too. Netherlands is just the biggest of them all. Canada supplies much of Northern USA. Germany has its own domestic supply. South America also has its own domestic production.

-GC

No it isnt, most of the worlds MDMA is made in the Netherlands - this is what i said. Im wondering why when the demand is higher in other places, like the UK. As for MDMA manufactured elsewhere, it is generally of significantly lower quality than dutch MDMA ie. it has more nasty adulterants, very low dose pills, duds ect. Iv never been personally but iv been told the standard is so high in the Netherlands that you can almost safely buy from random street vendors. You cant do this elsewhere in the world, even in places like the UK where these is allot of real MDMA (almost all dutch) - the amount of dangerous crap in circulation is too high. From what i know about the US there are scenes in some cities where proper MD circulates, like LA and up the west coast. Then the same goes for New York ect. but the US is also awash with vile adulterants of every kind. That seems to be a non issue in the Netherlands, and Germany/Scandinavia where most of whats sold as MD is pure. As for eastern Europe and Russia, very little real MD in circulation afaik, allot of poisons. Southern Europe seems to be kind of like the UK from what i can tell, allot MD imported from Netherlands but also allot of garbage. I would imagine South America is like eastern Europe and Russia. Again i just find it odd that most of the world wont manufacture the stuff. Maybe because of the risk/profit to effort and time ratio ? Same goes with LSD ect.

No it isnt, most of the worlds MDMA is made in the Netherlands - this is what i said.

Actually hotshot, the Netherlands doesn't make "most of the worlds MDMA". While most of Europe's ecstasy is still probably from the Netherlands, even that may not be true anymore, as Belgium may have overtaken the Netherlands in total production. The largest European MDMA lab ever discovered, which was absolutely massive, wasn't found in the Netherlands but rather in Belgium. It is becoming to difficult to produce in the Netherlands so is shifting elsewhere, to places like Belgium. Belgium is also where a huge amount of european made RC's are coming from.

But while the Netherlands still makes up much of Europe's supply MDMA, it certainly doesn't make most of the World's supply. Perhaps they did in the late 90s and very early 2000's, but certainly not now.

Actually hotshot, the Netherlands doesn't make "most of the worlds MDMA". While most of Europe's ecstasy is still probably from the Netherlands, even that may not be true anymore, as Belgium may have overtaken the Netherlands in total production. The largest European MDMA lab ever discovered, which was absolutely massive, wasn't found in the Netherlands but rather in Belgium. It is becoming to difficult to produce in the Netherlands so is shifting elsewhere, to places like Belgium. Belgium is also where a huge amount of european made RC's are coming from.

But while the Netherlands still makes up much of Europe's supply MDMA, it certainly doesn't make most of the World's supply. Perhaps they did in the late 90s and very early 2000's, but certainly not now.
I meant to say Holland makes more MDMA than anywhere else in the world, not that all the MDMA is from holland (altho a massively disproportionate amount of it is). Relative to the population they churn out the most MD. Its not coming from places like Russia or China which i find kind of odd. Belgium sure, some is also made in Germany ect. My question is why is so much of it made in the netherlands ? I get there is demand, but there is significantly more demand in the UK, yet production of the same quality and scale just doesnt exist in the UK. Why not ? and why is not manufactured so much in Italy or wherever ? Why the Netherlands ? or Belgium for that matter ? Id kind of expect Germany and the UK to make much more of it. You clearly know about this stuff so so educate me.

The Netherlands is in the Schengen area so has access to the worlds largest market, it has Rotterdam (worlds biggest port facility) to import precursors and export product. In addition, Limburg (in particular) borders 2 other nations with 2 more within one hour by car. It's this area which is most popularly used to produce MDMA.

I think it's important to note that it IS MDMA. Their are many other people who just have pill presses and buy whatever active they can get which is why bath salts and the benzylpiperizines turn up in so many pills.

The Dutch also have a cottage industry with many small labs making only a few Kg per month. That makes the labs hard to find. Then their are people who buy the powder and press it up. Dutch education in the sciences plus their pragmatic mentality means that chemistry students pay their way via this small scale production.

I'm sure that The Netherlands doesn't produce the majority of the worlds XTC tablets any more, but it is the most reliable source of high quality pills. They are good at business and they are good at adapting to the changing methods, precursors and interdiction. Going to many small labs was a response - because the USD does not have enough people to stake out a small lab for a month.

I'm not Dutch but I have seen how it's done. Even people without formal training will educate themselves so a higher proportion of the people are potential chemists (I do not say cook because they really do learn it properly).

BTW they will still send people to prison for 15 years if caught running a big lab and/or pilling operation. They are not quite as soft as people seem to think.

"The Netherlands is in the Schengen area" just threw that up for naive people like me to understand what your talking about

The Schengen Area has a population of almost 420 million people and an area of 4,312,099 square kilometres (1,664,911 sq mi).[3] About 1.7 million people commute to work across an internal European border each day, and in some regions these people constitute up to a third of the workforce. Each year, there are 1.3 billion crossings of Schengen borders in total. 57 million crossings are due to transport of goods by road, with a value of €2.8 trillion each year.[4][5][6]

Last edited:
I think it's important to note that it IS MDMA.

Seems to be mostly true these days. I remember the 90s where there was all kinda crap in xtc tablets. Mcpp, cocaine, ketamine, Amphetamine with coffeine and stuff like that. Sometimes even dangerous combinations or simply too much pma which also killed some people. These days it seems to be mdma mainly that they put into it, although sometimes in ridiculously high doses like 280mg per pill.

Run this through a translator.

They write it has to do with the proximity of germany and belgium to export to and also a relatively large immigrant community that provides international contacts to the producers of MDMA

News to me, It's pretty much all cocaine and MDMA here

there was one nl rc dealer in 2004 (pfb, some will still know). he got some of his cathinones made in belgium. today i rarely read about some eu rc company having an eu made batch in stock. its pretty much all done in china. rarely india but these arent the large scale batches that get around the world i think.