• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why is Oxycodone suddenly euphoric as hell?

UAV

Bluelighter
Hey,

I recently went through a breakup and got hold of a few 80mg ER's.

About a year ago I posted on this forum stating that oxycodone hadn't been euphoric at all at 20 and 40mg doses and I couldn't work out exactly how people got addicted to it.

On Friday, I took around 20mg orally. I felt the same as last year, pretty underwhelmed. The next day, I took 40mg (20 orally and 20 snorted) and felt an increase in rush but also underwhelmed.

Last night, I took around 45-50mg all orally and everything was completely different. I had a slow comeup, followed by 2 hours of insane euphoria and another 2 hours of crazy itchiness, sweating, and nodding when trying to sleep. I finally understood why this drug is so addictive, but I was wondering...

What changed?

I would've assumed that the previous 2 days of use would mean this third day would have diminished results in terms of euphoria, but the complete opposite was true.

I also don't understand why my opiate tolerance is so high to warrant a 50mg dose being the lowest amount to bring any euphoria. This is the 4th time I've ever done oxy in my life, and the only other opiate I've touched is codeine. (I've heard that 10mg gets people high as a kite with no tolerance)

Its a complete mystery to me how last nights dose was completely different in every way.

I am going to treat this drug with the respect and self control that it needs. I'm not going to dose again until next weekend because I now understand how serious it can be in terms of addiction potential. Once I run out, I won't be dabbling again for at least a year. Those are my rules and I will be sticking by them. (I'm in the UK so it is very hard to get hold of Oxy anyway).

Have fun, be safe and enjoy the oxy.

As to why you finally felt euphoric ? You finally found your sweet spot in mg. doses. Between 40 and 50 was the right amount to get you there. Even though you had no tolerance to oxy sometimes that doesn't matter. I had no tolerance either. When I first took one I did 30mgs and got high and felt nice. But 60 mgs was my sweet spot.

It's hard to get here in the US as well so enjoy.

That’s why it’s addictive 😅 I started with 30, then 60, 60 twice a day.. and tbh I only felt that first really good high maybe twice and since then it’s just less and less. But I don’t want to to drink alcohol and it works for pain, so 👍

Hey,

I recently went through a breakup and got hold of a few 80mg ER's.

About a year ago I posted on this forum stating that oxycodone hadn't been euphoric at all at 20 and 40mg doses and I couldn't work out exactly how people got addicted to it.

On Friday, I took around 20mg orally. I felt the same as last year, pretty underwhelmed. The next day, I took 40mg (20 orally and 20 snorted) and felt an increase in rush but also underwhelmed.

Last night, I took around 45-50mg all orally and everything was completely different. I had a slow comeup, followed by 2 hours of insane euphoria and another 2 hours of crazy itchiness, sweating, and nodding when trying to sleep. I finally understood why this drug is so addictive, but I was wondering...

What changed?

I would've assumed that the previous 2 days of use would mean this third day would have diminished results in terms of euphoria, but the complete opposite was true.

I also don't understand why my opiate tolerance is so high to warrant a 50mg dose being the lowest amount to bring any euphoria. This is the 4th time I've ever done oxy in my life, and the only other opiate I've touched is codeine. (I've heard that 10mg gets people high as a kite with no tolerance)

Its a complete mystery to me how last nights dose was completely different in every way.

I am going to treat this drug with the respect and self control that it needs. I'm not going to dose again until next weekend because I now understand how serious it can be in terms of addiction potential. Once I run out, I won't be dabbling again for at least a year. Those are my rules and I will be sticking by them. (I'm in the UK so it is very hard to get hold of Oxy anyway).
you found your sweet spot dose. trust me that number will go up quickly. proceed with caution plz

you found your sweet spot dose. trust me that number will go up quickly. proceed with caution plz
I will be! Also, have you ever noticed that after a night of drinking and being hungover the next day the euphoria is a lot less? Both times I went to a party and didn’t take any oxy the days I was drinking but the day after I’d dose and would just feel less euphoric and more noddy. Weird one.

Stop now. I started at 60 a day 12 years ago- I think I felt a bit euphoric the first few times but I was going through a divorce so...anyway your tolerance will continue to build quickly
I was at 120 a day w/I months then 180- 240- 360 and as I've posted before when I was in the uk until 3 months ago, a few years back I was taking upto 24 60 mgs a day- I was able to get it back down to 600mgs b/c one of my 5 Dr's stopped prescribing and I went into withdrawals. I had up to 6 Dr's at a time. I went to London 2 times a week by train sometimes. I then took the scripts back to my city and went to 5 different pharmacies- always using the same pharmacy for the same Dr. Pharmacies in the uk don't share info. I got down to 360 mgs when I got here,and the first few weeks I tapered down to 240. But, I could not find a dr. I tried everything but ended up with withdrawals here. I was finally able to get a Dr, but with the insurance denying everything. The Dr initially had prescribed 120- they denied it. The only amount I have been able to get is 60 mgs er daily. Don't start on the oxy roller coaster it is NOT worth it. It has ruined my life. I have been in wds 6 times since I moved here. Kratom barely touches it- I take 4-6 bottle of that a day now when I'm in wds- opms black. I wish I had never laid eyes on an oxy. Wds are worse than childbirth to me, and I am always either withdrawing, worrying about running out, and scared of never having a normal life again. Stay away from the oxys. Please you have idea how quickly your tolerance will build up.

I m a HUGE oxy lover myself but please, PLEASE, don t take them everyday. On a Monday 60-80 mgs were enough to completely fuck me up than a ...week later I needed 180 mgs to feel ok.nd on and on it goes , until you need 300 mgs to feel ..normal, and I Guess that in your side of the world the real ones are pretty expensive. . From a side they are safer from the other way worse than heroin IMHO, tolerance skyrockets so fast.....