• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why is Niacinamide found so often with LSD?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I occasionally take a glance over at Drugs Data for this and that, today I noticed something very interesting. It seems since 2016, but more prevalent in 2019 to now, niacinamide is being added to LSD in fairly significant quantities.

Upon a quick search it seems niacin can actually abort a trip at the right dose. (~200mg IV) These amounts are only in the 100-200ug oral range, much lower.

I’m wondering if maybe to create a calmer more relaxed experience? What do ya’ll think?

Looking closer all the samples are US, so obviously it’s a US crew doing this. I’ve heard folks lately describe LSD from the US as being a bit smoother/easier to handle VS EU blotter, maybe this is why?

-GC

Interesting, first I've heard of it. I guess that makes the most sense of anything I could think of as an explanation.

Maybe people are just storing their blotters along side vitamins. I would store all my blotter in vitamin airtight jars. Any trace amount can be detected then. I have heard of people adding things to blotter to stabilize the degradation to air and stuff. US crystal is imported here from cali then self laid into sheets and its alot more clear and less body load than euro crystal. Americans pay much more attention to detail during synthesis and treat LSD more carefully than just mass production of euro labs. But it is interesting that american blotter has niacinamide on it and euro blotters don't.

Look at the first comment from Old Hippie.. Apparently this “trick” has been around for awhile. I’m tempted to get some niacin and try this myself to see what happens/if anything changes.

-GC

Yeah, do try it and tell.

It's interesting. If it can abort a trip at around 200mg IV, is 100--200ug enough to have any effect though?
How does niacin work in this context?

Also.....would it then be possible to use this same effect to influence a psilocybin zoomie trip?

Not sure it would work at that dose but niacin produces a noticeable flushing Feeling and has been used as a placebo control in psychedelic experiments. I believe it was used in the Good Friday experiment.

People claim Niacinamide stops an LSD trip like benzodiazepines apparently do-I wouldn't know I never took benzodiazepines to end an acid or mushroom trip.

I tried this out, taking Niacinamide after taking LSD. It did nothing to stop or blunt the trip. SSRIs did not blunt, weaken, or stop LSD either for me.

But I react differently to drugs, sort of. My eyes do not dilate at all on LSD no matter the amount acid I take or any of the times I took LSD. I have never taken any sort of research chemicals that are sold as LSD. On Psilocybin mushrooms my eyes get super dilated, and stay that way for hours even after I come down from the trip.

Last edited:
People claim Niacinamide stops an LSD trip like benzodiazepines apparently do-I wouldn't know I never took benzodiazepines to end an acid or mushroom trip.

I tried this out, taking Niacinamide after taking LSD. It did nothing to stop or blunt the trip. SSRIs did not blunt, weaken, or stop LSD either for me.

But I react differently to drugs, sort of. My eyes do not dilate at all on LSD no matter the amount acid I take or any of the times I took LSD. I have never taken any sort of research chemicals that are sold as LSD. On Psilocybin mushrooms my eyes get super dilated, and stay that way for hours even after I come down from the trip.
eye dilation doesn't always happen on LSD. Infact if im in sun lit areas on a day trip my eyes will be pin point pupils but in the dark they do dilate to complete black where if anybody looked at me they would know im on drugs. Yet on shrooms my eyes never dilate and look totally fine / sober

Niacinimide and LSD?
Sherry vinegar and LSD?
Cinnamon Oil drops and LSD?

Fellas I think there's something fishy going on with the LSD, this sounds like an advert for some kind trainng seminar.

Yeah it seems really weird to have niacin on blotters. I dont know the ED of niacin, but I assume it's a lot bigger than what you can squeeze on blotters?

But why would you even need to cut LSD? Like you might as well just put less on the blotter if you're going to cheap out... I guess you're saying that maybe the cut is happening up the supply chain while it's in powder before it's laid?

its most likely just people storing blotter in vitamin jars. Alot of those blotters had trace amounts of mdma ketamine and stuff so these people are just storing there drugs in one jar.

But why would you even need to cut LSD? Like you might as well just put less on the blotter if you're going to cheap out... I guess you're saying that maybe the cut is happening up the supply chain while it's in powder before it's laid?
Yeah, I'm with you, I don't actually get it. Maybe someone's laying their tabs in the back room at the B3 factory.

Well, if someone were cutting the bulk crystal, it might make sense.

its most likely just people storing blotter in vitamin jars. Alot of those blotters had trace amounts of mdma ketamine and stuff so these people are just storing there drugs in one jar.

But yeah, this seems most likely.

These amounts are only in the 100-200ug oral range, much lower.

While 100-200mg doses of niacinamide would benefically alter a trip, 100-200mcg is without effect.

One would think of a cutting agent or perhaps it co-crystallizes nicely with it.

The one time i had a classic “bad” trip, i was freaking about the speed of onset being way too fast.
My wizard asked me “do you wanna take an earth bomb, get back to the ground?”
I’d do anything at that point to settle this down, so said yes and was given a mega dose of niacinamide.
He told me it would calm things down after the flushing and heat it produced.

Minutes later, i was all purple-red, with pins and needles and burning up.
He had me take a cold shower, which was a good shift.

Then, after drying off, i felt i could handle the trip.
It didn’t kill the trip, but the shift or distraction of being flushed, then a good solid temp change of a cold shower was enough to convince my tripping brain that i had come down from the anxiety.
Maybe a bit of placebo and distraction technique?

In any case, i bet @TripSitterNZ is right - storing stuff in old vitamin jars!