• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is my generic Concerta making me exhausted?

RunningMascara

Greenlighter
I've recently been switched to a generic form of Concerta made by, Trigen Labs. As far as I can tell, it was approved by the FDA just last year. It's not an OROS pill and the authorized generic/clone is no longer in production.

This is a round pill with a little laser drilled hole on top. I took one apart and it's in fact, a push pull osmotic pump delivery system. There doesn't seem to be any instant release methylphenidate like in Concerta.

Whether I've taken one or two, with or without food, with or without caffeine, it makes me feel like I ate a basket of ambien. I had a pretty decent sleep schedule, got around 8 hours. This shit is making me fall asleep during the day.

I have physicals every year and had one the end of last year, my blood work was normal, BP normal, so wtf. I don't smoke and rarely drink.

If anyone has encountered this with methylphenidate or this particular generic, I'd love to know why it's doing it. It's driving me crazy.

I do have an appointment soon, thank God, so I've stopped taking this crap. What's the point of managing my adhd if it puts me in a coma?

Thanks

Apparently the FDA has already pulled two generic versions of Concerta from the market some years ago for not proving therapeutically equivalent to Concerta, why this was not discovered prior to them being approved ia beyond me. Further googling provides no shortage of complaints about the Trigen version, although I've yet to find indisputable proof.

Certainly should be the the key topic at your upcoming appointment m