• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why is "Molly" and MDMA so toxic?

I was speaking to another mod recently about my MDMA use when I was younger. I have a really weird drug metabolism system and certain drugs metabolise super quick. I have taken up to (stupid number) of pills in a night of mdma. They usually lasted an hour and half when I took them, I double dropped when they wore off and it would have lasted shorter then triple dropped etc. I was always able to go to sleep with ease at the end of the night whilst my friends partied into the next day. I guess it would be pretty interesting to see how mdma is processed through my system. The pills were always tested and always pure mdma. My friends all had the usual effects from a really good pill.

After a heavy weekend with lots of pills taken the worst I ever had was a while of electric shocks but that was it. No depression, no come down to speak of.

Well it's way more harmful than cocaine on a per use bases, but due in part to this fact you're much more likely to use cocaine habitually. I did tons of cocaine and don't really feel any long terms from it, weed and psychedelics have had way more negative effects on me than cocaine. If I had done anywhere near that amount of MDMA, I am sure the side effects would have been devastating.

Of course cocaine does come with a greater risk of stroke or heart attack than MDMA, although sudden deaths have been associated with MDMA as well.
I was speaking to another mod recently about my MDMA use when I was younger. I have a really weird drug metabolism system and certain drugs metabolise super quick. I have taken up to (stupid number) of pills in a night of mdma. They usually lasted an hour and half when I took them, I double dropped when they wore off and it would have lasted shorter then triple dropped etc. I was always able to go to sleep with ease at the end of the night whilst my friends partied into the next day. I guess it would be pretty interesting to see how mdma is processed through my system. The pills were always tested and always pure mdma. My friends all had the usual effects from a really good pill.

After a heavy weekend with lots of pills taken the worst I ever had was a while of electric shocks but that was it. No depression, no come down to speak of.
MDMA seems super cool, but it is cumbersome. At least in my case, I would like to be on relatively empty stomach, have 6-10 hours for the trip and ~ 10 hours for sleep after that. Hard to do.

In terms of experience, I prefer MDMA to cocaine, alcohol, weed. At least I think so, in "theory" - used MDMA just a few times because of stated reasons.