• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Why is kratom so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extracts are kind of a rip off. Way more expensive than bulk powder.

It's not difficult to make your own crude extract with pure ethanol.

Man while most extracts have been blah, I bought one way back that was simply advertised as “Highly Potent Da Maeng” extract oral dose 150mg. I tried every kratom product out there but this was the only to actually get me a really good high.

I’d snort 50mg and it went up real smooth, the high was almost MDMA-like. The most stimulating opiate effect with gushing euphoria that mellowed out into sedation after 2 hours.

Really wish I hadn’t given all that away…

-GC

70% alcohol is good for kratom extracts, you soak it for however long you want, I would do an hour your first try, filter out the plant matter using paper towels/a T-shirt whatever, then set in a Pyrex to evaporate off , when all the alcohol is evaporate off and only water is left in the dish pour off the water in a separate dish, the alcohol dish will be your kratom extract

Where are y'all paying so much for kratom?

I take about 60 capsules (approx. 30g) of kratom daily and I pay around $25 per week for my habit.

Definitely much cheaper than my previous oxy/hydro habit.
Maybe its just the type of gas station kratom I'm buying. The shots cost me anywhere from $50 - $100 a week depending on the brand. If I rationed a couple of low-dose oxy tablets, it would only cost me $24 a week (if I cut them into 4 pieces).

Where are y'all paying so much for kratom?

I take about 60 capsules (approx. 30g) of kratom daily and I pay around $25 per week for my habit.

Definitely much cheaper than my previous oxy/hydro habit.
I pay like 40$ for 250g. For the location (México) this is still quite expensive but its the only local vendor I know and much less than one pays in an European smart shop. Would like to buy in bulk but customs are very rigid here about importing, possibly has that shop to pay bribes.

I thought making kratom extracts was very difficult, involving the need for some lab equipment and different solvents etc - there is a YouTube video of some guy extracting Kratom. But then I could just soak my kratom in high percentage alcohol and filter it, then let evaporate? Or how would I do it?

Yeah, most extracts are a rip-off. The local vendor here sells a "20x" extract just slightly above the price of leaves but it isn't 20x if you ask me. Still, given the wholesale price of kratom even the regular leaves are kind of a rip-off.
there's a famous way of doing super easy kratom extract, called Red Bubble Method

Maybe its just the type of gas station kratom I'm buying. The shots cost me anywhere from $50 - $100 a week depending on the brand. If I rationed a couple of low-dose oxy tablets, it would only cost me $24 a week (if I cut them into 4 pieces).
I've never used the extracts since I like the powdered kratom just fine. Also, I would never be able to restrict my oxy use to 1/4 tablets. If you can do that then more power to you!

I've never used the extracts since I like the powdered kratom just fine. Also, I would never be able to restrict my oxy use to 1/4 tablets. If you can do that then more power to you!
Thank you. Yeah, even rationing will cause some slight withdrawals, but its nothing I can't handle. I've always rationed to avoid full-blown withdrawals in case I ever had to quit abruptly. Don't get me wrong though, I still made time to nod out on much higher doses. I just couldn't do large doses on a regular basis because I'm usually broke and I don't want my tolerance to get any higher than it is. I can barely keep up with doing kratom daily though. The potency varies, but none of the ones I've tried ever even gave me a buzz. It just keeps me from feeling more shitty than I would feel if I were to take nothing at all.

better sourcing, definitely that gas station is overpricing you; hence the term "convenience store". "Do the inconvenient thing or understand you are paying the middleman."
that is almost an axiom in the drug world. Or it was i hear everything is changing with E this and I that but that is beyond me lol. Sorry dont mean to sound like a crotchety old man. I really dont. internet---headshop----gasstation. Probably in that price order.

Damn you're paying a fortune. Just order high quality powder online from a reputable vendor and you won't be disappointed.

Gas station / head shop kratom is way more costly than online kratom only vendors and it's nearly always worse quality as well. $100/kilo should be the absolute max you're paying.

I wouldn't worry about the law. USPS has enough on their plate and they aren't looking for stuff that isn't illegal. TSA is fine with it too.

Is expensive ordering online or buy it from some smart shops.Profit.If u reside in Far East it's not so expensive

why you guys not use the extracts?

The extracts are WAY more expensive.

Kratom is actually very cheap, but you have to buy it in bulk, usually online. I actually have a smoke shop near me that sells kilos for only a slight markup over what it is online, but for the most part the smoke shops/head shops. gas stations charge a MASSIVE markup. But it's very easy to find online by the pound or kilo, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than $100 per week.

Man while most extracts have been blah, I bought one way back that was simply advertised as “Highly Potent Da Maeng” extract oral dose 150mg. I tried every kratom product out there but this was the only to actually get me a really good high.

I’d snort 50mg and it went up real smooth, the high was almost MDMA-like. The most stimulating opiate effect with gushing euphoria that mellowed out into sedation after 2 hours.

Really wish I hadn’t given all that away…

-GC

That's how all kratom was for me for the first years I used it, starting back in 2003, back before anyone in the US knew about kratom. Back then they only sold it in crushed leaf, and I would brew 12-16 grams by the traditional method (2 x 20 minute gently simmered extractions, combine the liquid, cool, drink), and it's just like you said, the first hour was almost MDMA or cocaine-like, massive energy, chatty, feeling on top of the world, then it would transition into a heavy opioid nodding state. where I would get that kratom dizziness unless I smoked weed (which potentiated it) and laid down. Those were some of my favorite drug experiences... granted, I was a relative virgin with drugs, and had no prior opiate experience.

I would give a whole lot to be able to go back and re-experience those highs... ever sine kratom got big and the supply switched to that flour-like powder, kratom has not been the same. I remember the first time that all I could get was the flour-like powder. It sucked compared to the old supply. So it wasn't just a tolerance thing.

Agreed...brewing crushed leafes was far more effective,than those green powder.....back in the years,when this herb was still legal....more than 10 years ago

Hey guys. No harm done here, but I feel like this thread is inherently contrary to the philosophy here in the forums. We don't allow discussion of drug prices, legal or illegal, nor how to procure drugs. We only are here to help people use their drugs safely. We don't help in any way with obtaining them.

So, I"m going to close this one down for that reason. If anyone wants to talk about it, let me know. For future threads, the goal and objective of this one wouldn't really work even if it didn't break any rules. You can't really answer that question. It's just another commodity and its value fluctuates for that reason. I think a lot of people have turned to Kratom for treating their Opiate habit, but it's not anything I ever really thought could work.

I don't like the idea of not knowing where or when you will be able to re-up. Even if you're doing great, killing it, a lost package, closed exporter or what have you will always be hanging over your head. If something goes wrong, you could be in full withdrawal without options.

I also believe that there are a lot of upper-middle class folks who feel that Kratom or more specifically Mitragynine is a great way to remain anonymous, not go to the clinic and for a while it was this little secret in the community that many weren't totally cognizant of. I think that many of these upper-middle class folks are a known cash-cow for these farmers. I'm sure that is playing a role in the cost. Otherwise, this one's gotta be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.