• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is heroin hated

People hate on Heroin because of:
1. Grown Stereotypes.
2. The drugs they use don't even compare to H and cause far more brain damage.:\

its because its a very addictive substance which you WILL grow to enjoy more and more, and well once you start doing that you'll get problems, its like cigs, who liked there very first cigerette? bet not many, i didnt, but now i can barely stay a day without one, i would rob off some one to get a pack of fags if i went cold turkey for a few days!!!

i dont know how addictive compared to cigs it is, but im sure its close, and imagin ppl who smoke, instead of smoking nicotiene they were smoking heroin which is much more expensive, that would start to ruin your life, would it not?

The dumb thing is that people die from tylenol by the thousands every year, and people die from alcohol related accident or drink to death a hell of a lot more then heroin addicts even. Its just that heroin isn't politcally correct and alcohol is.

Droop said:

2. The drugs they use don't even compare to H and cause far more brain damage.:\

heroin can cause alot of damage. damage to there veins from injecting shit up their viens..etc. and if you nod of for awhile and fall asleep on your arm in the same position you know how you get numbness from the blood circulation being cut off, its the same thing, but when they nod off for hours on end on there arm or leg they may have get their arm amputated.

IMO i think heroin and crack are the worst drugs.

-cyto

^^Yeah, but you can pass out from booze and do the same thing (the rhabdomyalisis you mentioned) also heroin is neither neurotoxic (like coke, alcohol, meth), nor is it hepatotoxic (i.e. toxic to the liver.)

Drugs are neither good, nor bad, neither the best or the worst, it all depends on what people do with them.

all those drugs you mentioned are toxic. and i realize that you can pass out on booze and do the same thing.

-cyto

MattPD said:
[BDrugs are neither good, nor bad, neither the best or the worst, it all depends on what people do with them. [/B]

Well put MattPD, couldn't have said it any better. BTW: Just noticed the 'moderator' under your screen name, right on...I always knew you had the stuff for the position ;)

dr. greenthumb said:
heroin can cause alot of damage. damage to there veins from injecting shit up their viens..etc. and if you nod of for awhile and fall asleep on your arm in the same position you know how you get numbness from the blood circulation being cut off, its the same thing, but when they nod off for hours on end on there arm or leg they may have get their arm amputated.

IMO i think heroin and crack are the worst drugs.

-cyto

I don't believe opioids are neurotoxic and certainly not by a long-shot to the degree of alcohol and amphetamine-type drugs. In terms of addiction and dependency, using heroin has the potential to 'let you' really fuck up your lifestyle and create many problems with those around you but that's a decision that the addict makes. Neurotoxic drugs like amphetamines and alcohol inevitably will 're-wire' your brain chemistry with habitual long term use that may not be reversable. Amphetamines and cocaine can create numerous chemical imbalanced mental disorders such as psychosis in which the addict is literally not 'in control'.

Dr greenthumb, arms have nothing to do with BRAIN damage. And heroin can be snorted and enjoyed, as i am doing right now.=D

Wow Drool, your on heroin; nobody cares.

Well maybe heroin is neurotoxic...

Look at how many famous people have been heroin addicts, had heroin problems etc. Sublime, Blind Melon, Motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains, Robert Downey Jr., Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, shit the list goes on. When ALL these people who are in the spotlight are dieng from something you are going to have people afraid of it. You dont see anything to that extent with any other drug.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
...by a long-shot to the degree of alcohol and amphetamine-type drugs. In terms of addiction and dependency, using heroin has the potential to 'let you' really fuck up your lifestyle and create many problems with those around you but that's a decision that the addict makes. Neurotoxic drugs like amphetamines and alcohol inevitably will 're-wire' your brain chemistry with habitual long term use that may not be reversable.

i dont deny that other drugs are neurotoxic or toxic to the liver or whatever.

im sure theres is lots of links on the net. type in your search engine heroin and neurotoxicity or something like that, an you will come up with something like this www.growthhouse.org/educate/flash/neurotox/orn01.html

-cyto

First off that link doesn't really prove any substancial evidence that heroin is neurotoxic::

Their prevalence (neurotoxicities) has not been well documented. There exists much interindividual variability with respect to which patients develop toxicities. Patients with renal impairment and patients on high doses of opioids for a long periods of time appear to be at a higher risk.

This suggests that only certain individuals 'may' be predisposed. Also the link is not a reliable source with any sort of proof on what it is even trying to state; which isn't much anyway.

Furthermore just for kicks I did tupe in heroin and neurotoxic with nothing presenting evidence of heroin neurotoxicity. All the links that are brought up are just fact sheets and what not on drugs with neurotoxicity being linked to amphetamine-type drugs mostly.

you cant trust any information you get off the net. therefore the link is just as reliable as the others.

-cyto

Heroin - the dirty junky drug that makes you steal and kill

There's nothing especially evil about heroin, but it's highly addictive for those who love the feeling. I've only snorted it a few times, and its a very relaxing feeling especially when you start nodding. Except for the fact that it is a powerful drug and doesn't have a horrible comedown (errr, coke..), there isn't really anything about it that makes it "evil" and you will not get hooked after the first time. This isn't to say you won't crave it, but thats not the same as an addiction and only means you want to get that feeling back. Think about how you wanted another Krispy Kreme donut after your first...you're not an addict now, or are you? :)

I'm not saying its safe or anything, because no drug use is without risks, but it is just another drug. It does have horrible withdrawal from what I know, but thats only something you have to experience if your use is excessive. From what I know your tolerance can also reach ridiculous levels that make a habit pretty much impossible to afford.

Because I don't have much experience with opiates, my opinion could be inaccurate, but just remember that when people start giving drugs qualities like "evil" or "dirty", their opinions are not usually based on fact.

Last edited:
Morphine is not neurotoxic, and heroin turns into morphine into the brain. Heroin is not neurotoxic either. Opiates have been uses for hundreds of years and their effects are well documented.