• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Why is coke so expensive?

cause those colombian guys have to buy guns, planes & prostitutes.
thats why its so expensive.

Cocaine isn't produced in the US, and it's not likely it ever will.. where it's smuggled doesn't really matter - the cartels have the means of getting the dope anywhere in the world... the market dictates price - if people are willing to pay $100 for a gram, then thats what the dealers will charge.. basic economics..

Don't make broad senseless comments about the cartel's means...
I assure you 30 kilo's delivered to me via the Ohio River and 30 kilo's delivered to Guam are going to have separate price tags...
Simple Economics.

Yes, of course there is a tax for smuggling into countries where the government will be strong in oposing it, but it still comes down to the market that dictates the price - on the coast of Florida you can get un-cut shit for $35 a gram, often less...

No shit they will have different price tags! It's not like there's just going to be an extra $20 charge on your invoice for shipping FedEx Next Day Air the distance from Guam to the Ohio River. When you're trying to move large quantities of illegal substances without being detected it will cost more.
When I said cocaine production in the U.S. is hypothetical, that was just personal experience, I've never heard of it being produced in the U.S. (but it could and most likely has been by somebody somewhere). I know firsthand that heroin has been produced in the U.S.. I was just trying to be as correct as possible with information, not trying to be a dickhead.
-ikarus

tip buy a cocoa plant ya know the one chocolate comes from. make your own simple stupid. not that i do i dont think theyre available over here in australia. if they were its $200 a gram id be rich!!

cocoa and coca are two completely different plants. or maybe you were joking. you were, right? you're not that oblivious, right?

5t3||4R - i'd just like to point out that australia, being the only island which is also a continent, the largest country which is a continent, and having a land mass which would cover europe in its entirety, has a very, very, very, very large border, much of which is relatively unchartered. what it lacks is population.
peace

Originally posted by PhreeX:
[QB]Cocaine and Heroin made in the US?
Any chemical can be synthesized, although I don't see why cocaine or heroin would as it would probably be much cheaper to import it.

I was arguing with Phreex about his Economics lesson, not the guy with the hypothesis.
Heee...

i think superluminal came closest to the truth but not quite there yet. Coke is so expensive so the only people who can afford it are MEN who work. Fact 1. Women being the ho's they are avoid work, resulting in not being able to afford coke. Fact 2. all big time coke producers are men. Fact 3.(stay with me im going somewhere) Men keep the prices up in order to recieve sexual favours in exchange for coke. In conclusion coke is the fail safe for sexual gratification cos we all know; it doesnt matter who you are or how much of a mutant you are girls give head for coke yada yada yada. -end discussion

Originally posted by sydkiwi:
tip buy a cocoa plant ya know the one chocolate comes from. make your own simple stupid. not that i do i dont think theyre available over here in australia. if they were its $200 a gram id be rich!!
The above has to be one of the dumbest things ever posted by a greenlighter... sydkiwi has officially lowered the bar just a little more here in Other Drugs!
As for synthing cocaine - NOT EASY, and anyone with the skill to do it would make more money with other chemicals... synthetic heroin - yeah, it's called fentanyl, and the synth is right up there with LSD in terms of it's complexity (though it's just as profitable with one chemist being able to make a few thousand pounds of synthetic smack for only a couple grand and a few days work)...
Ok, enough of this, cocaine is too expensive and it's correct to say that females never pay!

Wow...economics discussion.
I've always said that serious economics students OWE it to themselves to get into dope dealing, the best way to look at an unrestricted economy.
OF COURSE the demand ultimately dictates the price...except when the supply manages to manipulate what the demand will ultimately be willing to pay. This is the same reason that pharmaceutical companies with a nice fucking patent make all kinds of windfall profits charging obscene prices for necessay drugs. There aren't 40,000 coke cartels out there, and it's not easy for any "small business" until you get to the very low level of street slangin. It takes huge fucking fields and lots of resources, especially to make it feasible to smuggle huge quantities across well patrolled borders, so a few cartels control cocaine distribution and they also control how much the lowest price will be. To an extent...the consumers who are willing to pay huge prices finish the job off. Consumers control, but only so much, there is a point where coke would be selling for too cheap to make a profit, then the cartels would move on to something else. This will never happen...but it would be cool if one could convince the DEA that it could and lowering prices and increasing quality was the way to destroy these cartels.

Originally posted by hAppEplum:

Not true - i pay for mine..... :)

Why is it that everytime the subject of women and cocaine is discussed and the INDISPUTABLE facts are brought up (cocaine=kryptonite for girls), some snotty "i'm the lone exception to the LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE" girly has to pop on in and let us know that they are female and they buy their own. Whether you exist or not, I have yet to meet you and I don't believe any of the other residents of the OD psyche ward have ever met you or anyone like you either. Until we discover CONCRETE evidence that proves your existence, your testimony is merely hearsay.