• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why is brick weed so rare these days

shortjazzdude

Greenlighter
Maybe it's just in my area (Florida), but back in the day the brick weed (shwag, regs,) was the most common type of pot. If you got lucky you could maybe find sinsi (krippy, hydro). Now all you can buy is the sinsi krippy stuff.

Is this because legal pot in Colorado and Washington have successfully put the Cartel weed trade out of business?

I guess because nobody wants it?

It's been decades since I have seen schwag/Mexican sativa full of seeds, or even Colombian mid-grade that was an Indica.

I can't say that I miss any of them as when I was into using cannabis I would get the best stuff so I did not have to smoke a lot of it, and I would have a psychedelic experience from it.

When schwag or mid grade was the only option I would smoke some of it, and use the majority of it for cooking and eating a high dose of THC to have a psychedelic experience with.

Last edited:
For sure shortjazzdude! Of course you can still find brick weed, but the US cannabis laws have had a greater impact than any of the War on Drugs parade has had at all.

You can check out last years data on the border patrol right here.

Having legal FIRE at the same price as I paid for brick weed 20 years ago is a very nice change IMO. I did get high off it back then, but I don't miss those days.

American growers have mostly taken over the market. Consumers want a higher quality product. Growers in the US are meeting that demand now.

Mexican farmers will make tons of money in a legal market, when it's fully legal there and in the US. They'll have to step up their game and deliver a better product than the brick weed going around in Florida in the 90s.

I dunno, my guy started offering Mexi sativa oz's for just a bit more than my usual 1/8th of headies.....and I'm into it. Dealing with seeds sucks, but the weed is almost as strong, tastes better than half of his fancy shit, and I can get baked as fuck without getting much paranoia, which I thought was a thing of the past for me. . .for real, I think I prefer schwag.
Growers should start offering craft grandpa weed, you know just old scwag strains grown and cured with care by obsessives. I'd buy that in a legal state.

The legal stores also put all my connects out of business, so it happens from the inside out. With the store prices, I don't miss my previous connects who couldn't keep up with the heavy competition either.

Most legal stores have options to buy shake if you are into low quality and cheap. That's going to always be a better option than something that is "bricked".

Something to keep in mind is that it's NOT so much the strain that makes it shwag...it's how it's grown and more specifically for Mexican shwag- how it's transported. These things are unavoidable. I really don't think the cartels will be able to keep up at the rate we are moving. Just a little over two years ago I was in the blackmarket and now I can never see myself going back. It's a rough ride for them ahead.

I'm talking black market headies out in the middle of nowhere 4 hrs from Memphis here: Sometimes it really is great, but a lot of the time it tastes like fish milk and worse, I'm assuming from fertilizer. This schwag I'm smoking now just tastes like nice clean weed, little piney, I've seen some real shit dirt in my days with spider mold and the works, but not for a good few years personally.
I'm poor, so cheap is nice, and nothing against shake if I got some cooking to do.... but I DO care about quality - so - how about well grown outdoor sativas that are potent, but not stupidly so?

I'm talking black market headies out in the middle of nowhere 4 hrs from Memphis here: Sometimes it really is great, but a lot of the time it tastes like fish milk and worse, I'm assuming from fertilizer.
My dealer would not hear the end of it if my headies tasted like fish milk...gross bro!

I've seen some real shit dirt in my days with spider mold
You mean spider mites and/or mold? These are problems that can occur with the best of the best top shelf out there. It's obviously not something you want to happen, but I've seen people pay ridiculous prices for mite infested buds and are none the wiser after smoking it. Also, I've seen mites and/or mold completely ruin a crop to the point of it being garbage---a step below shwag.

I'm poor, so cheap is nice, and nothing against shake if I got some cooking to do.... but I DO care about quality - so - how about well grown outdoor sativas that are potent, but not stupidly so?
Well grown weed and shwag/brick weed are descriptions that are not synonymous. I consider most brick weed to look like a brown pile of sticks, so I guess there's a small difference of opinion of what shwag is? No big deal.

I dunno, my guy started offering Mexi sativa oz's for just a bit more than my usual 1/8th of headies.....and I'm into it. Dealing with seeds sucks, but the weed is almost as strong, tastes better than half of his fancy shit, and I can get baked as fuck without getting much paranoia, which I thought was a thing of the past for me. . .for real, I think I prefer schwag.
Growers should start offering craft grandpa weed, you know just old scwag strains grown and cured with care by obsessives. I'd buy that in a legal state.

If you think the mexibrick weed you're buying is special, you should start saving the seeds. Growing is a fun hobby. :) The seeds will produce bud that's similar to the ones you bought, only it will be better quality from not being compressed and treated badly.

Yeah even in Southern Cali where I'm from, right next to Mexico, we got danks still. The only shit weed I've seen was sugar leaf trim mixed with shake that I got for a ridiculously good deal for a ton (not literally) of it, other than that, I'll refuse any Mexican shit weed I see but it's been a long time. I don't even think Colorado and Washington's laws have done much, I would say it's the medical market itself has grown so much.

No ones gonna take the shitty brown shit over the crystally shit they can smell from 30 feet away obviously. But I've heard of some shitty weed in poorer areas so I guess it depends on where you live. I live in a typical nice, suburb so the weed around here is usually always good. I only get mids if I buy bulk for cheap.

Yeah, I know people that just get all their weed from medical places even though it's still illigal where I am, usually the brick weed that is in my town comes from Mexico

I wouldnt be surprised if the mexicans and the whole world is smoking American weed right now..

Most of that comes from Texas, New Mexico...etc It's not as prevalent within certain groups with the advent of less strict regulatory efforts and more incentive to grow domestically in relatively confined spaces for higher profit margins. Demand has been affected by the lower costs of higher grade weed, while lower grade weed costs have not gone down as dramatically. I remember back in the day buying a .7 for $10 of high grade and a 1.7 for $25 at retail. 7g of regs would be about the same price as 2 grams of high grade. Except now a gram seldom ever costs more than $10 while that would get you maybe three grams of regs at the most from a distributor. Not sure if I am allowed to discuss in this manner... if so, sorry.

It's pointless and hardly profitable to even grow and transport low grade ganja anymore. They can transport coke/meth which could be the same size, but turn a far greater profit.

Yeah even in Southern Cali where I'm from, right next to Mexico, we got danks still. The only shit weed I've seen was sugar leaf trim mixed with shake that I got for a ridiculously good deal for a ton (not literally) of it, other than that, I'll refuse any Mexican shit weed I see but it's been a long time. I don't even think Colorado and Washington's laws have done much, I would say it's the medical market itself has grown so much.

No ones gonna take the shitty brown shit over the crystally shit they can smell from 30 feet away obviously. But I've heard of some shitty weed in poorer areas so I guess it depends on where you live. I live in a typical nice, suburb so the weed around here is usually always good. I only get mids if I buy bulk for cheap.

Are you kidding?

Block is around and cheaper than ever. At least in the Delmarva area.
I frankly hate that shit and will be a happy man if I don't ever smoke it again.
Yes the better weed is more expensive but I don't gotta dome a whole Stinky blunt just to catch a buzz. And a shiity anxiety ridden high at that