• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I Toke

Kittysafe

Greenlighter
My friends call me a turbo hamster. My brain is always going. I type excess of 200 wpm, I have an IQ around 190, not that I think that means anything, I'm just trying to paint you a picture... what I mean is, I'm never bored,
I always find something to be fascinated by... I was diagnosed bi-polar when I was about 15... my mom raised 5 kids alone when my abusive father left us when I was 3, and I'm the youngest of 5. I left home at 15,
played music and studied Buddhism and meditation with friends on the street...

Okay, now shoot ahead 20 years, and I haven't smoked cannabis in at least ten years... got a great job, graduated college with 3 degrees, put out an album... I've done a lot...

Now, recently, my whole life was really shocked by some major changes in my life, and I noticed my reactionary mind was turning me into a very negative person...
and I remembered, this is something that while yes my meditation helps, marijuana is practically designed for, in part... to peel me away from my reactions, slow down, and really get to the root of these issues...
and so I started smoking again about... 2 weeks ago, and I have to say it has really helped me, and I do consider marijuana to be a rather amazing medicine, such a beautiful gift from the Earth.

My name is Jonathan, I live with 3 cats, I work from home, and thanks for letting me share my story, the very quick Cliffs Notes version.

Peace.

I wish you all the best Kittysafe, peace to you.
Weed helps me too, it takes the edge off, and helps me appreciate the little things that make life beautiful.

Cannabis is therapeutic medicine. It has vastly improved the quality of my life. I smoke every day but have no WD from abstaining a week or less when necessary. OP sounds like they have their shit together. Meditation and music are highly recommended to stack with your mj rx.

the reason I smoke cannabis is, I enjoy the feeling also it helps my depression, anxiety, and insomnia :D

It makes reruns of spongebob better. I believe that is its true purpose for being created.

It provides meaning to this otherwise seemingly meaningless and exhausting existence. It helps me to look at my life from a more spiritual perspective. It gives me hope for better days to come.
Good to read of you John my name is Brandon and I live with two cats and two dogs.

i don't care why you toke. should've titled it "why do you toke?"

i toke to relax and socially.

If it helps you, go for it! Good for you! Don't forget to vote, change that legislation! #legalizeit #colorado ;-)

I am out of weed. (yes, this is very sad indeed)
I use it for pain relief and to help with my anger management issues. Two more plates and my favorite cup are now broken in the fireplace.

When I run out of this plant, the anxiety returns and when the eyes begin to see red, I have nothing but yoga (which does help) to calm me down. But nothing works better than a quick toke. NOthing.

Cosmic tokes all round n here's hoping I find some soon

It definitely helps with my bouts of insomnia in addition to my depression & anxiety. Cures hangovers,too. If I lived in a medical state, I'd be set.

I'd be interested in knowing if you find smoking before meditation to be enjoyable or distracting. I just started meditation by an app recommended to me and I'm an everyday smoker. Not sure if weed before my 10 min sessions is a good or bad thing.

^ You'll have to experiment with that 'samcro'. Try with and try without a few times each. Everyone is different but i may say, attempting to meditate and going further towards true meditation ought be, can be achieved without any substance. That's what makes it so great. There are levels towards Nirvana or Samadhi. The main thing is your attempting to; taking the time to sit, breath and focus your mind.

There is nothing wrong with cannabis bro just make sure you don't do to much.. weed is alright once in awhile but doing it everyday makes you ok with being bored and when your bored you should be out learning new trades and growing as a person not looking for that next joint lol... anyways I wish ya well in life brother

I am Envious of your IQ/Sucess, one of my goal is to put out an album,
i understand the whole turbo hamster thing as i am Diagnosed Bipolar 2 with mixed manic states, rapid cycling, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, General Anixety Disorder,, Seasonal Afffective Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Insomnia, Adult Adhd primarily innatentive, arthritis, scoliosis, spondloythesis{SP}, herniated lumbar vertebra, And i am working my way off methadone

this is why i smoke weed, i have smoked nearly everyday for the past 11 years since i started, and since i have been through the horrors of opiates i know the cannabis i use doesn't feel shitty on my body, i don't wake up and need to smoke to get out of the metaphorical ice bath that methadone withdrawl is,

I Personally am a Writer, although i have been focusing more on short form poems/rap, as i do have a way with rhyme, I am slowly working on a Acid Subburban HorrorCore album, in the very early stages of design,

Before i started using opiates and when i was a new cannabis in general one hit could send me into a parinoid, depressive anxious state, now i can smoke hit after hit after hit and not get high, but i haven't taken a break since i quit heroin, but the tapering process with be almost impossible without that and clonazepam 4mg a day