• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why I roll my eyes when 99% of people on here mention "God"

While I'm positive that meditation and mindfulness can help you reach your brain's potential,
and make you process data with much more ease,

what data do we have on Gods?

It's a bit much to put your own religious beliefs so much above others',
that you have to roll your eyes in discontent when they talk about their beliefs.
You don't know, they don't know, they choose to believe this, you choose to believe that.
Leave it at that. There's such a thing as freedom of religion

I personally am Old-German Pagan, I'm thankful for the sun and earth, the mountains, the water, the wind...
always seemed the most logical to me, thanking something I can actually see and feel.
The Gods have no names or faces, and the only graspable notion of them are the Idisi, who are essentially destiny.
But almost all people here have given up those roots and are Christian or Atheist, etc
and I will absolutely tolerate their freedom to believe in what they want, so I pretty much just don't speak about my religion

I've seen a lot of illusions of spiritual-superiority from people taking psychotropes or meditating on a regular basis,
and while I understand psychedelics relay a very strong message, they have physical origin. It's an actual poison, get over it.
Your mind becomes susceptible to what your mind is occupying itself with.
Ever eaten a poison mushroom? It's pretty much the same fucking thing, only that you could die at the end.

To me it feels like many are meditating on their feeling of superiority, which is not a good path to take.
Y'know meditation isn't all positive. Meditation is just proper focus, what you truly focus on is your own choice, albeit subconscious.
If you were truly meditating on kindness, you would not laugh/scoff/roll eyes at other people's beliefs.

some of that I have already said else were here.

so I agree with some of it.

pagans rock go hexenzirkel

dont get me wrong I love religion but im martial its nothing to do with religion and my meditation has nothing to do with religion.

I neither believe or disbelieve though if you find a deity that says dont believe in me and test everything I tell you come back and tell me.

after all it is that kind of thought that has allowed us to take drugs and talk over the internet.

it was as much the beginning of scientific thought I think as alchemy or philosophy.

to be honest no belief or religion is going to fix the shit that our beliefs have done to this planet.

(pagans are exempt from that)

to be forgiven wow tell me that when our planet is burning.

science is the only thing that will save us and if we listen to it we may just still have a chance.

so for the origins of science and my martial arts buddhism has a special place in my heart as does my blood in the UK that practiced pagan.

Some people believe they are better than others. You don't have to have a religion or believe in God to do that. Just look around at all those who claim they are better because they believe in abortion. And again at those who believe they are better because they don't believe in abortion. Both positions believe that they are better, and that is just one example.

People naturally think they are better than others.

That has nothing to do with belief in God.

well it could you know if you think that religion was made to control us.

but then its the religion that thinks its better not us.

Even as a young child I saw the faulty logic in religion.
Me: "How do we know it's true?"
Them: "Because it's in the Bible."
Me: "How do we know the Bible is true?"
Them: "Because God wrote the Bible."
Me: "How do we know that?"
Them: "Because it says so."
Me: "How do we know that's true?"
Them: "Because it's God's word."

And round and round we go....

Are ubroll your yes when u see me type God?I am orthodox as u shivaist (pardon me,if i'm incorrect)for example.Normalbfor me.....but I tried not to teach how a person must live.....cause I am not best example

God wrote the Bible?That's what they said?....yeah all this is funny indeed.Blood,sweat&tears...and a lot of hard work over yourself...You must not think about the price in the End...only the way&how you lived your life&interacts with others-that is my Orthodox religion....and in the same time can say,that i am also a buddhist in some way(not a good Xhristian-too much curse sometimes and devil beats my ass regularly)

Last edited:
well it could you know if you think that religion was made to control us.

but then its the religion that thinks its better not us.
Normal.Religion with institution"Church" was a stronger part of the state not once in our history....and almost all of it's "servants"are bloodhanded hypocrites.

Thing is, people don't understand symbolism and that things can be both true and false. Religion is mythology and can be very helpful psychologically because myth gives meaning to experience.. It helps people understand things like using metaphor in writing. It's storytelling and humans have always needed stories.

Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.

--Joseph Campbell

I don't think they're facts OR lies. There are things in between 😊

dont get me wrong I love religion but im martial its nothing to do with religion and my meditation has nothing to do with religion.

I neither believe or disbelieve though if you find a deity that says dont believe in me and test everything I tell you come back and tell me.

after all it is that kind of thought that has allowed us to take drugs and talk over the internet.

it was as much the beginning of scientific thought I think as alchemy or philosophy.

to be honest no belief or religion is going to fix the shit that our beliefs have done to this planet.

science is the only thing that will save us and if we listen to it we may just still have a chance.

so for the origins of science and my martial arts buddhism has a special place in my heart as does my blood in the UK that practiced pagan.
Well man....despite I am orthodox I am pagan also.....like most of my countrymen.That's why all this witchcrafting...people with troubles,sick,desperate often go to priest for prayer.....,but also go to witchdoctor in the sametime.Good or bad......but this is how goin' life here

Well man....despite I am orthodox I am pagan also.....like most of my countrymen.That's why all this witchcrafting...people with troubles,sick,desperate often go to priest for prayer.....,but also go to witchdoctor in the sametime.Good or bad......but this is how goin' life here
umm, to make something clear here: Witches are not Pagan.

"Witches" were an invention of the Catholic church to murder Pagans in the thousands.

Paganism has nothing to do with Witchcraft, that's an entirely American pop-cultural reference, because of Wicca, who btw are also not "Witches" and "Warlocks", but just Pagans. Love the sun, love the earth, love the sea and love the wind.

When I say Paganism, this is what I mean:

bergfeuer-auf-der-innsbrucker-nordkette.jpg

not Witchcraft or some bullshit, just culture around ACTUAL old Bavarian traditions
So Oktoberfest, that's Pagan, Sonnwendfeuer, that's Pagan, Allerheiligen, that's Pagan, ... and so on

it was in this post too:

but that post just freaked me out, can't say much about it

ahh the go coven.

yes that does imbue the idea of witches I guess but in todays day and age who knows what some means when they say pagan.

pagan is different depending on were you are in the EU too.

your practising german practices.

why would objectively looking at our existence and taking pride in the origin of my arts be freaky ?

maybe scary if you think that if everyone believes that god will fix this problem we are all going to burn but it is often better to know these things

before they happen so we can face them together constructively.

pagan's are known for being of the earth and therefore caring for it many could take a page from that book.

but we are getting to the point were just caring and loving one enough is not going to be enough.

cyclones get worse the sea is rising weather changes all over the world.

dry were it was wet and wet were it was dry.

if we can not be objective about it and people start thinking its signs from there religious idols were going to have an even tougher time of it.

religion should be nurtured and handed down like history or art shared and enjoyed.

but our survival will soon be the only thing that matters if we are not careful.

ahh the go coven.

yes that does imbue the idea of witches I guess but in todays day and age who knows what some means when they say pagan.

pagan is different depending on were you are in the EU too.

your practising german practices.

why would objectively looking at our existence and taking pride in the origin of my arts be freaky ?

maybe scary if you think that if everyone believes that god will fix this problem we are all going to burn but it is often better to know these things

before they happen so we can face them together constructively.

pagan's are known for being of the earth and therefore caring for it many could take a page from that book.

but we are getting to the point were just caring and loving one enough is not going to be enough.

cyclones get worse the sea is rising weather changes all over the world.

dry were it was wet and wet were it was dry.

if we can not be objective about it and people start thinking its signs from there religious idols were going to have an even tougher time of it.

religion should be nurtured and handed down like history or art shared and enjoyed.

but our survival will soon be the only thing that matters if we are not careful.
k Sweetie, this is not an attack, but you gotta stop writing like this.
The whole "poetic" form is just confusing, and the spelling errors on top of said confusing form, make some passages hard to read.

I guess I get your general point, but that is null, since life for most Pagans is what it is,
we're thrown onto a canvas, a test if you will.
How would we ever learn to appreciate happiness, if we didn't know pain and suffering?
The world is imperfect by design

Not German practises, Bavarian practises, big difference.
Call a Bavarian a German, chances are you'll eat your dinner with a straw

We can call ourselves German, if we feel like it,
which, I know, makes it a bit confusing

Last edited:
sorry.

im dislexic and spend a lot of my time thinking in c++ python or java so I tend to pick words that come to me as I would have to thesaurus everything otherwise

and then it would all be wrong anyway.

no insult meant on the german but still the fact your specific about were your pagan practices come from show that it is quite diverse.

sorry.

im dislexic and spend a lot of my time thinking in c++ python or java so I tend to pick words that come to me as I would have to thesaurus everything otherwise

and then it would all be wrong anyway.

no insult meant on the german but still the fact your specific about were your pagan practices come from show that it is quite diverse.
I see your confusion, because I said Old-German Paganism.
Old-German and Modern-German are two entirely different cultures.

Modern Germany does only celebrate Pagan festivals if they were already warped by Christianity, like Christmas for example, which comes from the Julfest.
Here in Bavaria we still celebrate actual Pagan festivals, especially harvest festivals/solstice festivals, something that is very rare to unseen in Germany.