• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why Hydrocodone/Vicodin is so popular in North America??

supersonic89

Bluelighter
I have always had this doubt, in other countries it's very rare to find it. I read the United States consume 99% of the world supply of hydrocodone. 8(
Is it a cultural thing? Why hydrocodone is not used in other countries like in USA?

Idk docs don't give out shit anymore in the US you can hardly get a codeine that's why everyone's on the street dying of fentanyl overdoses;

They don't wanna hand out the oxy anymore

But probably cause it sucks and is a poor alternative to Oxycodone or Morphine and American Doctors like to ruin everything overcharge and supply inferior product

American healthcare sucks a butt

One of these reasons I believe

Idk docs don't give out shit anymore in the US you can hardly get a codeine that's why everyone's on the street dying of fentanyl overdoses;

They don't wanna hand out the oxy anymore

But probably cause it sucks and is a poor alternative to Oxycodone or Morphine and American Doctors like to ruin everything overcharge and supply inferior product

One of these reasons I believe

I recently watched the Netflix series The Pharmacist and they were telling how oxycodone became so popular in the 90's. There was a change in doctors' view about pain management. But they even prescribed it for a toothache. Crazy shit.
In South America it's very difficult to be prescribed an opioid painkiller. In fact, tramadol for ex. It's only for people with cancer. For all other pain, ibuprofen and rest. Fuck that.

I think we have a problem with benzos. Almost half the country takes them regularly. Doctors prescribe them easily too.

Adderalls easy to get in America

Benzos more difficult

Opiates annoyingly difficult

Unless you're in the ER w/ a bad case of constipation from taking too much kratom

And then you might get a shot of fentanyl + a shot of Morphine

And an enema from a fine southern nurse

Or so I've been told that's the way to go

Only downfall is the butt prod from the male doctor makes you giggle

I suggest the constipation + ER if you want to score drugs and get an enema

Or so I've been told

I'm American and hydros were the first opioids I ran into in life. Found em in medicine cabinets, girlfriend gave me some after her wisdom teeth out, acquaintances in high school and college would talk about/ take hydros sometimes.

This was closer to 2009-2012, though, opioids are way harder to run into now.

Adderalls easy to get in America

In Chile we don't have Adderall. Fuck this country :mad: . There's dextroamphetamine but I have never taken it and I don't know if it will be similar to adderall.

I'm American and hydros were the first opioids I ran into in life. Found em in medicine cabinets, girlfriend gave me some after her wisdom teeth out, acquaintances in high school and college would talk about/ take hydros sometimes.

This was closer to 2009-2012, though, opioids are way harder to run into now.

Yeah but I wonder why American doctors prescribed so much hydrocodone/vicodin, when they might as well have prescribed codeine or tramadol for moderate pain.

The first time I heard of vicodin was watching House MD series hahaha. The lead character (Gregory House) was addicted to it.

If you could place it in a ranking of opioids for its euphoria, where would you put hydrocodone?

In Chile we don't have Adderall. Fuck this country :mad: . There's dextroamphetamine but I have never taken it and I don't know if it will be similar to adderall.

Yeah but I wonder why American doctors prescribed so much hydrocodone/vicodin, when they might as well have prescribed codeine or tramadol for moderate pain.

The first time I heard of vicodin was watching House MD series hahaha. The lead character (Gregory House) was addicted to it.

If you could place it in a ranking of opioids for its euphoria, where would you put hydrocodone?

Adderall is both hands of amphetamine molecule; dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine

Dexrtro is the good stuff and levo is side effects + sweat but some people prefer it; dextroamphetamine generally harder to get unless your mother in law is an agoraphobic invalid w/ a doctor that gives her whatever the fuck she wants; and then you'll take a bunch of dextro get spoiled on that and later get an adderall prescription and be dissapointed and strung out for two years; or, at least thats what i do anyway and then I start doing meth instead for some reason and get even more strung out; most meth is sold racemic (both sides of the molecule) Desoxyn(straight dextro-methamphetamine is prescribed in America but very rarely and I've never met anyone who got it; straight dextroamphetamine is the superior drug to all and should be legal; methamphetamine is neurotoxic as fuck and lasts too long

Vicodin = VI(6) + code(i)ne x 6............... Six times a codeine = 5mg vicodin = 30mg codeine............ Vicodin feels more sedating and itcny in comparison to oxycodone....... generally sold mixed w/ major tylenol so you can't really take too many

Vicodin = tea; oxycodone = coffee; Morphine = Liquor and soda; Heroin = prodrug for morphine; codeine = bitchass prodrug to morphine; morphine = dank; vicodin = less dank basically codeine; Any and all will do in a pinch if your a proper junkhead but its all basically different levels of morphine; forgot about oxymorphone which is the dankest opiate in my opponent and I wish I had a constant drip of oxymorphone so I could finally feel some fucking rest contentment and energy but being a junkie is illegal and I'm a big fat criminal for wanting to feel better so I have to take kratom every day and have such a tolerance that it hardly does anything; kratom like a vicodin and a coffee but everyone knows you want the morphine or an endless drip of oxymorphone

Oh yeah as far as euphoria goes it is basically codeine and not as euphoric + everything else is basically a prodrug for morphine and morphine is the best medicine on earth

I'd definetely still eat about 5 vicodins rn if I could but thatd be criminal behavior and so I do too many stimulants and develop shitbrain;

And if I was gonna really put vicodin anywhere it would be 10 of them in my mouth to feel a little better but my dumbass got clean from subs a couple weeks ago and havent felt right since but I've devoloped a raging opiate addiction over 6 years

Really I'd love to drink; but haven't for 4 months now and I'm in so much pain nothing touches it

But I'd stlil eat like 3 vicodin rn if I could but that'd CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR

Drinking makes me a psychopath and destroys my liver but is sold in the corner store and on the tv

Give people opiates in the corner store

LET MY PEOPLE FREE

Because it works!! It's unfortunate that it's also addictive to some people. Last surgery I had I was given Tramadol....I was so pissed I wanted to punch that doctor in the nose. I guarantee he wouldn't be taking Tramadol for the pain, he'd be taking Hydrocodone. Tramadol as far as I'm concerned is right up there with Tylenol or Ibuprofen meaning If you are actually in pain They're worthless. Might be just me but I've never had a headache, an Injury, a tooth pulled, or a surgery in which the pain was relieved from taking any of those medications. The only reason they rarely prescribe it anymore is because of how it makes them look. Doctors don't want to be perceived as carelessly writing too many prescriptions and contributing to an apparent opioid crisis. When it is prescribed there are no refills given and you must go back to the doctor. If you are lucky enough to get another prescription for the pain they'll place you into a pain management program. Which requires a contract for you to sign and weekly urine tests at random to ensure you are taking the Hydrocodone as prescribed. Pain In the ass.

Because it works!! It's unfortunate that it's also addictive to some people. Last surgery I had I was given Tramadol....I was so pissed I wanted to punch that doctor in the nose. I guarantee he wouldn't be taking Tramadol for the pain, he'd be taking Hydrocodone. Tramadol as far as I'm concerned is right up there with Tylenol or Ibuprofen meaning If you are actually in pain They're worthless. Might be just me but I've never had a headache, an Injury, a tooth pulled, or a surgery in which the pain was relieved from taking any of those medications. The only reason they rarely prescribe it anymore is because of how it makes them look. Doctors don't want to be perceived as carelessly writing too many prescriptions and contributing to an apparent opioid crisis. When it is prescribed there are no refills given and you must go back to the doctor. If you are lucky enough to get another prescription for the pain they'll place you into a pain management program. Which requires a contract for you to sign and weekly urine tests at random to ensure you are taking the Hydrocodone as prescribed. Pain In the ass.

Yeah but why only it's prescribed the United States?
By the way, I'm sorry to disagree about tramadol / tylenol. It's definitely effective for mild to moderate pain. 2 years ago I suffered a herniated disc (how annoying that shit was, I couldn't sleep or walk) and the NSAIDs (ibuprofen, ketoprene, diclofenac, etc.) were SHIT to me. Just with tramadol I was able to walk and sleep peacefully again.

LOL you should see Chilean doctors prescribing tramadol for cancer pain. What a joke. :ROFLMAO:

LOL you should see Chilean doctors prescribing tramadol for cancer pain. What a joke. :ROFLMAO:

WHAT? That is quackery, malpractice, and cruel

When a human makes it to a certain age and has a bad enough disease; he deserves the sweet release of an IV morphine drip for he has earned it

If I was the Chilean president I would be getting those chemo patients high af;

If I don't get a morphine drip towards the end I will be furious

Hopefully I know ahead of time so I can hit the block one last time for my own good supplies

WHAT? That is quackery, malpractice, and cruel

When a human makes it to a certain age and has a bad enough disease; he deserves the sweet release of an IV morphine drip for he has earned it

If I was the Chilean president I would be getting those chemo patients high af;

If I don't get a morphine drip towards the end I will be furious

Hopefully I know ahead of time so I can hit the block one last time for my own good supplies

I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what, but the use of narcotic painkillers is very frowned upon here. Although now in recent years, things have changed a bit thanks to younger doctors who dare to prescribe painkillers for people who really need it. When I told my family that my doctor prescribed tramadol for my herniated disk, they looked at me like I was a junkie or something like that :LOL:. Also in this country there's a lot of ignorance about the subject since many people think tramadol is the same as morphine hahaha

Adderall is both hands of amphetamine molecule; dextroamphetamine and levoamphetamine

Dexrtro is the good stuff and levo is side effects + sweat but some people prefer it; dextroamphetamine generally harder to get unless your mother in law is an agoraphobic invalid w/ a doctor that gives her whatever the fuck she wants; and then you'll take a bunch of dextro get spoiled on that and later get an adderall prescription and be dissapointed and strung out for two years; or, at least thats what i do anyway and then I start doing meth instead for some reason and get even more strung out; most meth is sold racemic (both sides of the molecule) Desoxyn(straight dextro-methamphetamine is prescribed in America but very rarely and I've never met anyone who got it; straight dextroamphetamine is the superior drug to all and should be legal; methamphetamine is neurotoxic as fuck and lasts too long

Vicodin = VI(6) + code(i)ne x 6............... Six times a codeine = 5mg vicodin = 30mg codeine............ Vicodin feels more sedating and itcny in comparison to oxycodone....... generally sold mixed w/ major tylenol so you can't really take too many

Vicodin = tea; oxycodone = coffee; Morphine = Liquor and soda; Heroin = prodrug for morphine; codeine = bitchass prodrug to morphine; morphine = dank; vicodin = less dank basically codeine; Any and all will do in a pinch if your a proper junkhead but its all basically different levels of morphine; forgot about oxymorphone which is the dankest opiate in my opponent and I wish I had a constant drip of oxymorphone so I could finally feel some fucking rest contentment and energy but being a junkie is illegal and I'm a big fat criminal for wanting to feel better so I have to take kratom every day and have such a tolerance that it hardly does anything; kratom like a vicodin and a coffee but everyone knows you want the morphine or an endless drip of oxymorphone

Oh yeah as far as euphoria goes it is basically codeine and not as euphoric + everything else is basically a prodrug for morphine and morphine is the best medicine on earth

I'd definetely still eat about 5 vicodins rn if I could but thatd be criminal behavior and so I do too many stimulants and develop shitbrain;

And if I was gonna really put vicodin anywhere it would be 10 of them in my mouth to feel a little better but my dumbass got clean from subs a couple weeks ago and havent felt right since but I've devoloped a raging opiate addiction over 6 years

Really I'd love to drink; but haven't for 4 months now and I'm in so much pain nothing touches it

But I'd stlil eat like 3 vicodin rn if I could but that'd CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR

Drinking makes me a psychopath and destroys my liver but is sold in the corner store and on the tv

Give people opiates in the corner store

LET MY PEOPLE FREE
I respect your passion oh man lol.

For all the crap opioids get for their darker side they really breed a serene almost romantic love for them in human beings. Like how people just fucking love coffee like its almost a person to them.

For what its worth I actually like vicodin's "tea" vibe, and i like your analogy i find it fitting. Oxycodone always felt a little speedy and pro social rather than uber-chill like morphine and hydrocodone.

I have always had this doubt, in other countries it's very rare to find it. I read the United States consume 99% of the world supply of hydrocodone. 8(
Is it a cultural thing? Why hydrocodone is not used in other countries like in USA?
The doctor use to easily write it out. For example, my cousin got sick, she got Mono, and her doctor give her 5mg hydrocodone. But this was 15 years ago.

Also,you have to consider that U.S. has a larger proportion of population ratio. So of course they are going to consume more. So there are over 500 million served. lool.

Oxycodone will soon be as rare as the dodo bird :LOL: Anyone out there have a dodo bird? Surely some crazy cat lady has harvested dodo's for many decades and will be on the news sooner or later.

Hydros/vicodin are notoriously a bit weaker than oxycodone per say--and especially the ultra fu.... I mean powerful medications like dilauded. Therefor, unless you are down to browse the dark web and locate powerful opioids at the risk of your own discretion then something like vicodin would most likely be the only thing many have access to. Honestly let's be realistic for a second.. opioids have a unique role within the medical world and simply cannot be replaced. I'm sorry Mr. America but you can't just give people OC80s like breath mints and then take everything away lol. It's useless to even try to explain that to big pharma though because they already know and just don't care. I remember when those suffering from chronic pain were actually considered real people at one point. They were treated like patients back in the good ole days.

But alas, soon everyone will be on heroin because they really don't have much of a choice anymore. Something as euphoric and powerful as opiates opens a portal that will never be closed for many upon many. So the USA shouldn't bother pretending that they can't believe there that there is an opiate epidemic that kills far more beloved people than corona could ever dream of. I'm sure they will try to state that the country is in a state of emergency because of the opiate epidemic (for the 18th time in 3 years) and continue to do what they do best--nothing. I'm not the one that will be drinking by myself night after night wondering why I have a drinking problem though because I do not work for Big Pharma. Strange how you can't escape guilt from resurfacing no matter how deep you shove it down. Sorry I'm running off on a tangent and I did not mean to involve my personal emotions into this post lol. It just upsets me so much man.

Oxycodone will soon be as rare as the dodo bird :LOL: Anyone out there have a dodo bird? Surely some crazy cat lady has harvested dodo's for many decades and will be on the news sooner or later.

Hydros/vicodin are notoriously a bit weaker than oxycodone per say--and especially the ultra fu.... I mean powerful medications like dilauded. Therefor, unless you are down to browse the dark web and locate powerful opioids at the risk of your own discretion then something like vicodin would most likely be the only thing many have access to. Honestly let's be realistic for a second.. opioids have a unique role within the medical world and simply cannot be replaced. I'm sorry Mr. America but you can't just give people OC80s like breath mints and then take everything away lol. It's useless to even try to explain that to big pharma though because they already know and just don't care. I remember when those suffering from chronic pain were actually considered real people at one point. They were treated like patients back in the good ole days.

But alas, soon everyone will be on heroin because they really don't have much of a choice anymore. Something as euphoric and powerful as opiates opens a portal that will never be closed for many upon many. So the USA shouldn't bother pretending that they can't believe there that there is an opiate epidemic that kills far more beloved people than corona could ever dream of. I'm sure they will try to state that the country is in a state of emergency because of the opiate epidemic (for the 18th time in 3 years) and continue to do what they do best--nothing. I'm not the one that will be drinking by myself night after night wondering why I have a drinking problem though because I do not work for Big Pharma. Strange how you can't escape guilt from resurfacing no matter how deep you shove it down. Sorry I'm running off on a tangent and I did not mean to involve my personal emotions into this post lol. It just upsets me so much man.

What are doctors currently prescribing there in North America for moderate pain? Please don't tell me they're pescribing SSRIs (duloxetine) hahaha.