View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why dont YOU like lower doses of LSD?

Mizora

Bluelighter
As the thread reads, if you are one that says you do not favour the lower doses of LSD I want to know why?

If you'd pick the 400 ug trip over the 150 ug....why?

It doesn't feel as deep, or make me feel as fully immersed. Once I take a certain amount, I feel a very strong connection to something, but taking a low dose... It kinda makes me feel like I've got one foot in the next plane, which makes me feel a bit more anxiety and pay more attention to negative side effects. On a higher dose, I feel as though I've been pushed out far past the point of anxiety, especially during ego death, which is another reason I prefer high doses. Ego death is a major point of my use of psychedelics. Also, I don't get great visuals from doses under 250ug, which is probably just a personal thing. I get okay visuals, just nothing to write home about. The after effects seem to last longer with higher doses too.

I only get physical side effects from a dose that is too low, almost no mental effect, nothing enjoyable, no euphoria, just muscle tension, sweats, dilated pupils & increased heart rate/bp. 150ug should be enough for me for a good trip, but if it's too low to make me trip then it's not pleasant.

Some other psychedelics, like tryptamines are more enjoyable at threshold doses, they feel more comfortable physically.

I simply like stronger trips as long as I/set and setting are good. Get more into it later...

I really don't think 150 mics is as low as everybody thinks it is. People seem to be getting their socks knocked off of 150 mic 1p blotters.

To answer the question, I used to be a hard head and take 5 strips when I dosed. I prefer less now. Higher doses make me feel over stimulated for a long time but I don't really care to be only halfway there either.

Cos I've tripped enough on low doses. I prefer them in parties now. Higher doses are just much more fun :D

Thanks for input so far.

I've only experience with low doses, nothing above 100. This has helped me with choosing my next dose, so thanks. I have experienced positive effects from my low doses but have undoubtedly felt a bit of anxiety and slightly perturbed at the difference in shift of thinking/head-space.

It has felt like I could get on with appreciating the good parts a lot easier with a final push!

150 ug is half way there for me too... I like it when you loss yourself 250 and above ... 150ug and under is great for a hike, watching TV and or video gaming... But everyone has a different response to LSD it seems...

"I" have responded very differently over the years to acid because "I" have changed.

If I'm not at the point where I "break through" into the immersive acid headspace and my pupils are massively dilated and I feel incredibly spiritually in tune and cosmic, then it's pretty much a waste of my time. The lower doses have long acting stimulant and antidepressant effects, but nothing spiritual. I think if it was investigated by the medical community however they would find low doses to have therapeutic effects.

Micrograms are just numbers. It depends on a personals natural and built up tolerance and it's really tough to say how much is actually dosed on a product from an unregulated market. I'd estimate that 100 micrograms would be enough to 'break through' into the acid headspace if you don't have a tolerance, and from that point going higher is a matter of how far you want to go, how much time you have, and how comfortable you are with the effects. I get work done on a variety of doses from (not really 'work' in the traditional sense, but of great importance). Again it's just a number but someone mentioned playing video games on 150 ug - it's my personal belief that on this sort of dose, it is the kind of dose that places me in a deeply immersive meditation in which I am unable to ignore the extremely intense effects through any means and I am going with the flow at the point. Maybe people often think there is a lot more acid on their tabs than there actually is - it's not uncommon to get really weak stuff these days. But I think 100 to 200 microgram hits (or more) are not the norm; if I'm not mistaken 20 or 30 micrograms is more typical.

Last edited:
Maybe people often think there is a lot more acid on their tabs than there actually is - it's not uncommon to get really weak stuff these days. But I think 100 to 200 microgram hits (or more) are not the norm; if I'm not mistaken 20 or 30 micrograms is more typical.

I know the guy who lays my shit, he makes sure it's fairly close in dose. 20 mics a hit would be some weak ass acid lol