• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Why don't more restaurants advertise cleanliness?

I don't choose a restaurant because it is clean, I choose to avoid one because it is dirty. I choose on the quality of the food, and perhaps the hotness of their staff.

I could see it working for them if it was done with humor, sparingly, and as an aside somehow.

I don't choose a restaurant because it is clean, I choose to avoid one because it is dirty. I choose on the quality of the food, and perhaps the hotness of their staff.

Perfectly stated my friend. You should already know how I feel on the subject since its a microcosm of my career really.
I wash my hands at work so often that it is nearly painful at the end of my work week, and I refuse to use the same glove for more than a single item I prepare. I guess I'm just a fan of practicing immaclate cleaning practices, but that maps be attributed to my training in the medical field as well.

Most restaurant don't advertise their cleanliness because they don't want to be liars. :)

On a busy day the serving area, kitchen, and bathrooms can get pretty fucking gnarly.

Perfectly stated my friend. You should already know how I feel on the subject since its a microcosm of my career really.
I wash my hands at work so often that it is nearly painful at the end of my work week, and I refuse to use the same glove for more than a single item I prepare. I guess I'm just a fan of practicing immaclate cleaning practices, but that maps be attributed to my training in the medical field as well.

Yes, hand washing is important, and well as wearing gloves when it comes to ready to eat foods. Working clean is a big part of that, but I can assure you during a 4000 dollar hour there are health violations aplenty, and nobody is changing their gloves after each salad is made.

It would seem that over advertising the aspect of cleanliness would carry negative results. Like walking onto an airplane with the pilot greeting you saying "I'm not drunk!". It probably would plant a seed that wasn't even there to begin with.

It would seem that over advertising the aspect of cleanliness would carry negative results. Like walking onto an airplane with the pilot greeting you saying "I'm not drunk!". It probably would plant a seed that wasn't even there to begin with.

lol