• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why don't I like weed?

dr katz

Bluelighter
No matter what kind it is (sativa, indica, hybrid) and no matter how strong or mellow it is, I always have an issue. I get nausea and my body feels too heavy or I can't walk. Sometimes it makes me twitch. Basically it does the opposite for me than it does for most people. It doesn't even matter if I take one hit. So why? I do plenty of other drugs with no extreme issues.

weed never has done much for me tbh..it might mellow me out a bit but thats it..definitely not a fun drug imo..if i smoke a lot, i just end up on the couch watching tv...how fun is that?

weed never has done much for me tbh..it might mellow me out a bit but thats it..definitely not a fun drug imo..if i smoke a lot, i just end up on the couch watching tv...how fun is that?
For me there are more cons than pros but a lot of people I kno w just have a great time lol

It just happens that way. Genetics, or biology, or some combination. Something like 8-10% of people, from initial research, either don't get the typical therapeutical effects from cannabis, don't enjoy it, or get paradoxical effects.

Another possibility is you just have a negative response to THC. If you live in a medical state, or have the ability to grow your own, you could try a CBD-dominant strain. This would be MUCH more mellow than anything you've used before (unless you're 50+ and smoked in the 70s).

CBD balances the effect of THC, and if it's majority CBD (for example a strain called "ACDC"), you don't get any of the typical psychoactive effects, and get more of a calm focus along with a pleasant body feeling.

Even more balanced ratios strains like Harlequin, Cannatonic, or Critical Mass can be a lot more therapeutic for many users than the standard THC strains that are widely available.

im with you on that op...(imo)fuck weed...done it thousands of times and literally have never enjoyed it. seriously used to think there was something wrong with me lol. pretty sure there's a few big threads about this already. a lot of people become this way after years of use too. like eventually starts giving them negative side effects to the point where they can't smoke anymore. interesting stuff.

Benzos do me like that..change my mood, make me hateful, make my head feel like a ton of bricks.

Maybe you're allergic to weed? I swear my sister is. She itches bad when she smokes, her body feels weird.

because you don't like realizing you are being fucked every single day of your life

thank you bill hicks

Lots of people dont like weed but like mdma/speed etc. its pretty normal axtually.

That's so weird, I hate weed too.
weedpoke.gif

lol jk

141141st.gif

Don't sweat it too much, it happens. If you're not interested in it, you're not interested it. But if you want to try to like it, if you smoke it, have you tried eating it in something? I find that the two highs are different (but maybe that's a terrible suggestion, I find eating it induces more paranoia and discomfort for me).

OP try smoking less. It could be you are more sensitive and are getting too high. It sounds a lot like things that would happen to me when I first started smoking weed, but I would smoke way too much for my tolerance at the time.

it's true with a bigger dose the high is "bigger" so to say, but so are the side effects so it isn't necessarily more enjoyable. I think heavy smokers or long term smokers bodies have developed a sort of tolerance to some of the side effects or maybe we just notice the side effects less.

also could just be that you don't like the effects. It's entirely possible. Personally I have never really enjoyed the way alcohol effects me beyond a few drinks... well alcohol alone that is. Alcohol gives me really rapid heart beats, makes it hard to breath and gives me a headache.

I have enjoyed cannabis, but my average cannabis experience has been really unpleasant.

One of the big things is that I've done cannabis with very experienced cannabis lovers with lots of tolerance and ended up doing way to much, for me. There are some other things involved.

I'd say though, if cannabis is consistently unpleasant just stop. If you need a special dispensation from the Pope or a waiver from the Surgeon General to just not try pot anymore after having tried many times, all ending in misery, I will do all the paperwork you need to quit trying.

CB receptors are complicated. Individual neuro-anatomy is complicated and few of us now if we have a lesion on our intermedio whats it called in our temporal lobe. Cannabis is almost to good, almost every time for some people. Others its just about always bad, and for many its hard to predict.

Now, I have heard of people doing an anti-nausea or an anti-anxiety agent with pot because they love some effects but hate others. Cannabis has benefits. Taking things to mitigate bad effects and thereby reap benefits is likely a good call sometimes. If one doesn't perceive any benefits, I'd just let cannabis go.

Me I do it three times a year or so and its an adventure, sometimes its heavenly, more often not-cause of nausea, anxiety, and/or paranoia. Recent years though, doing baby doses compared to more experienced users its turned around. Now more pleasent than not.

Not everyone likes weed.

I have friends who did try smoking it once, 2-3X, or even a dozen times and they prefer alcohol, or taking other drugs.

When I here people say they don't like smoking because it makes them paranoid: This is a cardinal sign not to trust someone for me

same with people who say marijuana is intense or trippy: I know not to trust these people as well.

It's great actually, yet another reason to love weed: It's an easy identifier of generally bad people