• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why don't I feel Kratom anymore?

True still I wouldn't call something that knocks 1 in a thousand users livers out on first use safe.

Wrong. Onset usually occurs 3-8 weeks after cronic use. I think the severity of it's 'rarity' will lessen as more and more people use kratom. I would say it's only been popular for maybe 10 years, a lot is to be learned about this plant yet.

You are wrong I remember a distinct case who got the lab work done , he had severe liver damage after a single use of a normal dose.

You are wrong I remember a distinct case who got the lab work done , he had severe liver damage after a single use of a normal dose.
Some people may be allergic to Kratom. Those of us that are able to take it without problems/allergic reactions are fine. I've had nothing but positive effects so I will continue my kratom usage.

I did some research into liver toxicity and I do seem to have some related syptoms.

Slight fatigue
Abdominal pain
Upset stomach
Less of an appetite
Slight Naseua
Slight weakness

Does this sound like it could be problems with my liver? Or the start of liver problems? I just checked my liver about a month ago, after a month of Kratom use. I still had these symptoms then too. The abdominal pain is slightly worse. My doctor said my liver was in good shape, but maybe something has changed since then?

I did some research into liver toxicity and I do seem to have some related syptoms.

Slight fatigue
Abdominal pain
Upset stomach
Less of an appetite
Slight Naseua
Slight weakness

Does this sound like it could be problems with my liver? Or the start of liver problems? I just checked my liver about a month ago, after a month of Kratom use. I still had these symptoms then too. The abdominal pain is slightly worse. My doctor said my liver was in good shape, but maybe something has changed since then?
I doubt it. I've actually had legit liver problems in the past due to oral steroid usage and never once experienced any of those symptoms. All I knew is that my piss was unusually dark. I went to the doctors for completely different reason (tore a muscle at the gym from exercising too much) and they found the liver problem thing. That was a year ago when I didn't even know what kratom was.

Im sure Kratom isn't the most healthy thing you can put in your body. I wish there were some more studies shown. I recently got blood work and I was pretty good. Im going to get some more in a month or two as well to moniter my liver and as well my testosterone

I'm pretty sure it's not the most UNHEALTHY thing you can put in your body.

Alcohol, almost any other opioids or opiates, strong stimulants like meth, cigarettes, are all IMO MUCH worse than Kratom.

I have a personal belief that kratom isn't all that dangerous, backed up by the fact that there have never really been any proven deaths from it.

I doubt it's HEALTHY, but a lot of evidence has shown it is not SERIOUSLY dangerous like many other drugs.

Slight fatigue
Abdominal pain
Upset stomach
Less of an appetite
Slight Naseua
Slight weakness

Well those are all symptoms of Kratom withdrawal and I've gotten most of them in the past when in Kratom WD.

Do you get these when you are ON kratom or when the kratom wears off and you aren't using them??

Liver damage is less likely and would probably need to be confirmed by a doctor.

In the absence of worse side effects or solid proof from doctor's tests I am going to doubt you have any liver damage from Kratom as only selected users get it??

Are you jaundiced??

Yellow skin??

STRONG liver pains??

Those kinds of things are more indicative of liver damage.

You sound like you are in Kratom WD.

This HAS happened to people but they are the sorts we are talking about who have abnormal reactions to it.

Listen, a MASSIVE a percentage of Asians can't metabolize alcohol.

ONE sip of wine will have my Japanese sister in law flushing red all over and on occasion even FAINTING but we don't say that a single sip of wine is harmful for your USUAL drinker.

This is what I believe is going on with these Kratom users.

My brother can't tolerate a SINGLE pill of Vicodin and gets SEVERE stomach pains, but for most people it's fine.

Some people can't tolerate weed.

You are talking about a SUBSECTION OF USERS and using it to claim that Kratom is horrible for EVERYONE which we have no proof is true at all.

Stop trying to claim Kratom is this horrible thing that is HORRIBLY bad for EVERYONE.

It's a drug with negative side effects, some more for some users than others and some less, but nothing shows that it belongs in the category of HARDER drugs that more of us should avoid like Heroin, Meth, PCP, Crack, etc.

Kratom is a relatively mild drug that MOST people can avoid SERIOUS problems with.

I don't think its Kratom WD because even going a week and a half off I still felt those symptoms. It's not horrible pain, im not jaundiced. I just took Kratom today too and my foot is really red and itchy and that's freaking me out. I went outside for a minute so it could just be an allergy or something but this has never happened before

True still I wouldn't call something that knocks 1 in a thousand users livers out on first use safe.

Then you shouldn't be calling alcohol safe for Asians who can't metabolize it.

You shouldn't call Tylenol safe cause it has a lot of people who can't tolerate it.

I could probably make a LONG LONG list of drugs you would normally consider benign which has 1 in 1 thousand users having bad side effects.

What about the 1 in one thousand people who are allergic to peanuts and immediately die if they eat peanut butter???

Maybe peanut butter is more dangerous then Kratom then????

I don't think its Kratom WD because even going a week and a half off I still felt those symptoms. It's not horrible pain, im not jaundiced. I just took Kratom today too and my foot is really red and itchy and that's freaking me out. I went outside for a minute so it could just be an allergy or something but this has never happened before

Well I have eczema that is GREATLY exacerbated by Kratom AND it is worst of all on my feet.

I took some kratom last night and had itchy eczema blisters on my feet and opioids are known to exaccerbate itching and skin conditions.

You sound like you are worrying about normal side effects.

If you had your liver checked last month and it was fine there sounds to be little chance you've gotten liver problems in the meantime.

You are assuming the worst case scenario.

Kratom DOES have side effects and in some cases they CAN last longer than you'd think.

Nothing you are saying makes me think anything concerning is happening to you.

I guess I just freak out a little easy. Especially on drugs lol. Thanks for your help man ? it's starting to get better already actually

Wrong. Onset usually occurs 3-8 weeks after cronic use. I think the severity of it's 'rarity' will lessen as more and more people use kratom. I would say it's only been popular for maybe 10 years, a lot is to be learned about this plant yet.
You may be right but the posts that I read the symptoms occurred almost immediately, maybe just allergic who knows. :?

Have you guys noticed that smoking weed on Kratom is a 50/50 chance of feeling amazing or doing nothing

Have you guys noticed that smoking weed on Kratom is a 50/50 chance of feeling amazing or doing nothing

It's almost always good for me.

Gonna have to stop talking about this soon though cause it's depressing me that I just ended my "summer binge" last night lol.

No Kratom or weed for me for a long time now, but it'll be good to clean up for a while.

It's almost always good for me.

Gonna have to stop talking about this soon though cause it's depressing me that I just ended my "summer binge" last night lol.

No Kratom or weed for me for a long time now, but it'll be good to clean up for a while.

You can do it man. Thanks for your help in my thread. I hope you do well

Itching is a common effect of Kratom. Maybe your foot was red because you scratched it? Either way, bingey is fear mongering individual that gets off on spreading the dangers of Kratom.

I dunno about weed but Kratom helped me quit smoking cigarettes. Smoking and Kratom made me sick

I smoked on Kratom yesterday and was so naseous I had to lay down for a while. Is it because tobacco is an MAOI

And no, my foot was red and even slightly inflamed. But it went away

Maybe kratom is not for everybody.
I've been taking 3-4g 2 times a day since February and it still works very well everytime (unless I have a full stomach).
My stomach tolerates it extremely well, doesn't make me nauseous at all.

I've been a bit paranoid about having some liver damage before but ,like other people said, it seems to affect a small porcentage of the population who can't metabolize it effectively for some reason. The symptoms are pretty obvious, never had any of them, though I haven't checked my liver yet.

Can't stress enough how important its to buy high quality kratom, the vendor is much more important than the strain. You should use a scale as well, most people have a "sweet spot".