• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why doesn't "weed" work anymore?

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
It does not enhance music like it definitely used to. Not much euphoria, either. Even after 6 month - 1 year t-breaks :(

Try to experiment with psychedelics, To me it was a good way of increasing the psychedelic aspect of Cannabis, Also Try to get a vaporizer it reduces the amount needed to get you high making the same amount of Cannabis last longer or makes you higher.
Dabs are the ultimate solution when your tolerance is to the roof.

The only other solution is get more weed.

Different strains? It's only gotten stronger in the last year. But if you were only smoking sativa or a sativa-dom hybrid (what I'd usually get in MD) then switch to an indica it can be pretty profound difference. or maybe you're just not a kid anymore and with more stress it's just bringing you to a lower equilibrium.

All good advice.. try different strains, different preparations, different consumption methods, etc

But I do kind of know what OP is talking about. Back in high school weed had much more intense psychedelic effects for me, everything was REALLY enhanced - music, taste, touch, etc, it just felt like a much more profound shift in consciousness than it is for me now. Of course thats partly because I eat/smoke weed all day every day lol. But even when I dont have a tolerance it's not quite the same. I think it just comes with being more familiar with the cannabis state and getting older over the years. Luckily there's LSD though :D

I think is just about getting older. Ageing we get more grounded in reality and it is harder to fly high.

I agree w/ George27 and I also think you have to be meditative about the high as you age. You have to let it sink in and consciously experience what the weed is trying to show you. Mindfulness they say. When I was younger I could be high without really caring or trying; nowadays I have to be mindful about it.

Tolerance, and you get used to it. It's no longer special.

Remember the first time you thought ice cream was a magical experience? Now you eat it by the gallon and it's just food.

Definitely due to your high tolerance. I used to be highly susceptible to the stuff, it got lower and lower as the weeks went on. It's nothing to get too stressed out over though, there's always different strands of weed, like other users have stated. Trying different smoking methods could help as well!

I agree w/ George27 and I also think you have to be meditative about the high as you age. You have to let it sink in and consciously experience what the weed is trying to show you. Mindfulness they say. When I was younger I could be high without really caring or trying; nowadays I have to be mindful about it.

same here, i can no longer use weed for recreation. its simply not that enjoyable anymore, nothing like when i was young. however i can still use it for pain relief and introspection. it also helps me reflect on issues in my life and helps me intergrate and understand what other psychedelics are showing me. its a super valuable plant.