• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why doesn't cooking ketamine create acid like insufflating it?

themusicroob

Greenlighter
I heard that when ketamine is in the nose the moisture there strips the salt away leaving an acid which is damaging to the nose.

When SWIM buys k in rock form, they often cook it (dissolve it in water and then evaporate away the water leaving smaller crystals that don't cause so much damage). My question is, why doesn't mixing the ketamine with water have the same result as snorting, creating an acid?

Or does it?

Is SWIM actually evaporating the acid leaving a gentler ketamine behind?

Or does the acid just bond back with the salt when the water evaporates?

I'm no chemist, but this sounds extremely unlikely. Even if your mucous membranes were capable of freebasing ketamine, you would be left with an alkaline solution, not an acidic one.

Also, 'stripping the salt away' makes no sense because ketamine HCL is the salt.

Welcome to Bluelight. You don't have to use SWIM here.

If you dissolve ketamine hydrochloride in water, then evaporate the water, you will still have ketamine hydrochloride.

Any excess hydrochloric acid should already have been removed in the finishing stage of manufacture.

As far as how much damage it is doing to your nose, I'd say it depends how much you are using and what it's cut with.

I heard that when ketamine is in the nose the moisture there strips the salt away leaving an acid which is damaging to the nose.

When SWIM buys k in rock form, they often cook it (dissolve it in water and then evaporate away the water leaving smaller crystals that don't cause so much damage). My question is, why doesn't mixing the ketamine with water have the same result as snorting, creating an acid?

Or does it?

Is SWIM actually evaporating the acid leaving a gentler ketamine behind?

Or does the acid just bond back with the salt when the water evaporates?

The procedure described makes no sense at all as it does nothing except maybe losing some of the Ketamine.
If someone wants smaller crystals, why not just pulverise their Ketamine by applying force in any way that is practical and convenient.

As FUBAR already said, ketamine HCl already is the salt.

Ketamine, being an amine, is a base (just like cocaine), and reacting it with hydrochloric acid creates the salt ketamine hydrochloride (ketamine HCl) which is pretty much the only form ketamine is available in.

The HCl bound to the amine cannot be removed simply by heating it, unless we're talking about pyrolysis (i.e. burning, which would naturally also destroy the ketamine, and result in the formation of highly cancerogenic soot). You could neutralize the HCl with a base, but the resulting freebase ketamine would probably not be ideal for snorting, and possibly more corrosive than the HCl salt (again, it is an amine, and as such a base).

Anway, I agree with Phobos; dissolving the ket in water to make *smaller* crystals makes no sense. People normally do a recrystallization when they want *larger* crystals; if you want smaller ones, you just crush them down to a fine powder.

Insufflating anything causes internal tissue damage.

Excuse Me...

Did You say SWIM bought K in "rock" form? Or You bought it as a liquid?
I am confused... And why would You want to weaken You ketamine, Mate?

For research purposes, can WE elaborate here?

Last edited:
Insufflating anything causes internal tissue damage.

Very true, the nose is made for inhaling air only.
Ofcourse some substances will cause more damage, and dissolving drugs in water before putting it in the nose reduces the damage quite a lot IMHO.

Never heard of rock ketamine.

Its purest form is liquid. Most commonly reduced to a powder. Rock must have an additional step that i cannot see would improve the output, although im no chemist

Never heard of rock ketamine.

Its purest form is liquid. Most commonly reduced to a powder. Rock must have an additional step that i cannot see would improve the output, although im no chemist

Ketamine forms small crystals when pure.
Liquid ketamine is not pure, it's ketamine dissolved in water with sometimes the addition of a very small quantity of an antiseptic such as benzethonium chloride.

When a product sold as ketamine is presented in the form of big rocks it means it has been cut with something to achieve that result, usually MSM.
AFAIK, you do not need a lot of MSM (something like 10% ) to get big rocks so it might still be very potent.

Last edited:
Sorry of course liquid isnt as pure, i was incorrect, hence the evaporated product is or shohld be the most pure. I ,meant liquid is most likely purest source, as in unadulterated vials are better than powder to buy.

Msm added may be occuring but i havent seen it, nor do i care to lol

Wrong.

Any ketamine coming in bottles are adulterated... Unfortunately.
Also ketamine isn't supposed to be a powder. Unless it is stepped on.

Wrong.

Any ketamine coming in bottles are adulterated...

Liquid ketamine is a veterinarian med produced in pharmacological production facilities, and may contain only excipients such as an antiseptic.
Would you care to post a link to a lab test that proves this statement, or is it one of your usual unsubstantiated claims?

Liquid ketamine is a veterinarian med produced in pharmacological production facilities, and may contain only excipients such as an antiseptic.

Exactly. Which makes it more adulterated and stepped on.

Anesket is the most common type of ketamine on the street.
And it is the type vets use on small animals.

Would you care to post a link to a lab test that proves this statement, or is it one of your usual unsubstantiated claims?

Lab tests do not skratch the surface on personal experience and excessive psychedelic drug use.

I trust the people who, you know... do it; over the scientist who don't have the balls to take it Themselves.

Experience > Science.

If You are aware of the research I provide, take a look at the image of 'preset' ketamine in this thread...
Click Here. <-----------------

Exactly. Which makes it more adulterated and stepped on.

Anesket is the most common type of ketamine on the street.
And it is the type vets use on small animals.

Anesket is only Ketamine and distilled water, no additives at all.
It is other brands that have the added antiseptic.
Stepped on is a term used to indicate a substance being cut by illegal drug dealers at any level to increase profit, it is not used to indicate pharmaceutical companies adding excipients to their products.
The difference between Ketamine used for small or big animals is the concentration, the one used for small animals is less concentrated allowing for more accurate volumetric dosing.

Lab tests do not skratch the surface on personal experience and excessive psychedelic drug use.

I trust the people who, you know... do it; over the scientist who don't have the balls to take it Themselves.

Experience > Science.

If You are aware of the research I provide, take a look at the image of 'preset' ketamine in this thread...
Click Here. <-----------------

So, you believe that it is you with your excessive psychedelic drug use that can provide information on all aspects of drugs and their use.
All that comes from researchers and lab technicians and neurologists etc, it is to be discarded as BS as they do not take drugs and they trust their expensive instruments and tests to provide some results.
Apparently this is because their testicle size is far too small to allow them to use proper research methods such as taking unmeasured amounts of untested substances as you do.
And apparently, a valid method of research is posting a picture.

You sir, have just made it clear that you are in a delusional state, and are not 100% connected with reality anymore.
You clearly have taken to not validate your claims or explain yourself, acting all surprised and offended that someone asks you to elaborate and bring proof.
It is in fact part of your delusion that the methods of research used by everyone are in fact invalid, so we can't find confirmation of your claims in any published study and therefore we should just trust you and let go of the science BS.
This is something I have seen happen to others before and is a response to feeling as the world does not respect you and give you credit without you having worked for it first.
As sad as this situation may be for you, people earn respect and a good reputation by putting the work in, not by acting like they are entitled to it.

BTW, the picture of "preset" ketamine you linked to is not displaying anymore.
And it is "scratch", not "skratch".

That's called experience, right?

Knock. Gnock. Whatever.

Last edited: