• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why does tolerance effect people differently?

cj187

Bluelighter
Does anyone know why some people are effected by tolerance to psychedelics more than others? It doesn't seem to effect me as much as other people. People say that redosing acid after a few hours is a waste but it works fine for me. I've tripped 3 or 4 times in the same week without any noticeable tolerance. Does that mean I have an abnormal level of some chemical in my brain?

I for example used 110 mics once and 3 days after took 110 mics and felt nothing, after taking one more it was okay-ish. Many people recommend that if you take it 2 days in a row, on the second day you should take double dosage from the previous day. Some people even say they need 3 or 4 times bigger dosage.

But to answer your question, no idea. I guess that we are all different and it affects everyone differently. Like someone gets really drunk from 3 shots of vodka and someone can drink half a bottle and be fine, we're all different.

Genes and chemical makeup

while I avoids drug tolerance by rotating what I use every time I get high and change the class of drug I use every time I get high for people who use one drug and never switch they have to get crafty on how they keep tolerance down while being as frequent as possible or have to have good genes

its not always a good thing though depending on what it is

sometimes its the immune system:

and its just really weak at destroying unknown chemicals in the blood stream (bad thing Iv actually done a treatment where I inject snake venom weekly into myself to stimulate my immune system making my body impenetrable of course it mean's sometimes drugs get destroyed without warning :( sucks but its worth it since I haven't had a cold in years)

sometimes its purely the brain :

tolerance builds up when the brain gets used to a certain chemical the brain is so crafty it even associates this with location (its why some heroin users od when they shoot in a new place and different setting they are used to) Which also means that the brain in question if it does not easily build tolerance its not very good at adaptability (also a bad thing)

sometimes it is the chemicals in associated with the way you are taking the drug:

sometimes people have more of a chemical in say the stomach that makes breaking down a certain chemical easier and therefore the user getting less effect and with more use overtime the body adjusts to this chemical producing more of that same chemical to help break it down even easier so if the stomach in question is not doing this again red flags

I would recommend rotating drugs like I do and stimulating the immune system to keep getting while at the same time staying healthy (not saying to inject snake venom but try take supplements that help with stimulating the immune system this would be especially a problem say if you were sharing needles with a weak immune system in this hypothetical world chances of HIV would skyrocket)

-Streetcow