• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why does smoking weed make me sick now?

caprice

Greenlighter
Last year i smoked everyday. over the summer and first part of fall i was doing a quarter a week to myself. around october i went down to an eighth a week and after christmas i only bought weed when i wanted to smoke. recently i did ecstasy and when i smoke now i get wicked paranoia and stress out. its like, when i smoke now my thoughts race like mad and i can't enjoy myself, im just thinking too damn much about meaningless things, i can't just enjoy being high.

i kind of felt this way around december but my neighbor came over and smoked me out with california chronic and it felt great, i mean, it made me remember why i started smoking so much to begin with. since then though i haven't smoke good bud and i can only afford mids. before the ecstasy when i would smoke i would feel a weird pressure in and around my head, i just would assume it was my sinuses. i still felt good but not like when i started smoking. now after taking ecstasy when i smoke i just get sick.
sometimes i get nauseous/dizzy, other times my heart will race and i feel like im having a panic attack. im going to detox for at least a week and if by then i feel im not ready im going to keep detoxing. im in a state of mind now where i feel happy being sober. i live by myself in an apartment and i was thinking smoking so much weed by myself was putting me into a weird psychosis, thats another reason why i need to detox, i felt i was losing my grip on reality.

anyway, i did some searching online and some people have been experiencing this same phenomena where smoking weed makes one sick.

could my brain chemical makeup have changed after the ecstasy? have i outgrown weed? is all i should smoke ridiculous chronic?

after my detox session i plan on getting high again with good chronic but t'ill then i'll be asking questions and studying.

My guess is its all in your head. But to get yourself more comfortable try smoking the cheapest weed you can find with good friends in a safe place. Cheap weed has lots of CBN its an anti-psychotic with anxiolytic properties (reduces stress).

Last edited:
same thing happened to me, just without the e. cant even smoke weed anymore and dont really miss it.

i agree with the 1st reply. in your head. then again, your body may not "like" it anymore. maybe it just doesnt do anything for you anymore? hmm. its hard to say.

Do you participate in spiritual/energy practices? Meditation? Yoga? This same thing happened to me last year and I have found it was a result of kundalini awakening. The kundalini changed my brain chemistry, and every time i got stoned it would cause sensory overload leading to discomfort, nausea, anxiety, dizziness, pressures in my skull, a racing heartbeat, and occasionally panic attacks. Perhaps the ecstasy thing is a coincidence, or maybe a partial cause in awakening kundalini energy in you. It also made me content being sober, for my perceptions of myself and how i related to the world had changed. Though the actual habit of the act of smoking caused me to partake. Now all i can handle is a baby hit. I get more high from that than I did gravity rips when i smoked regularly.

There was an article about this in science daily last year that I remember reading. It's the first time I'd heard of it though, so I'm not sure how reliable the report is.

Yea there is definitely weed psychosis, if you keep smoking the same weed over and over again its probably going to eventually make you sick, has happened to me, and if you arent psycho in the first place i could kinda see that being a problem - if you are however, more power to ya

same thing happened to me too. i reckon it was basically because i realised i cant sit around smoking weed and being lazy because life is passing by and i got to achieve stuff in my life.

Bump , Ive been smoking weed for around 20 years and have found weed that is high in ferts has alot of negative side effects, such as headaches, feeling sick and imo is what leaves you feeling crappy after smoking weed somtimes. You really notice the difference when you are smoking/vaping organically well grown weed that has flushed itself of chlorophyll and nutes, absent of heavy metals and other unnatural elements that you get with synthetic fed cannabis, the high is clean there is a satisfactory feeling you get that lasts you dont feel anxious to smoke more and when it wears off you feel refreshed and invigorated. There are also many more positives to consuming organically grown weed.
Another factor to consider is the use of pesticides and fungicides half the stuff being used isn't even food grade, I feel smoking any kind of treated weed can make you feel sick, dizzy and shake, it shouldn't be eaten let alone smoked but plenty of growers use them. It is my conclusion that these bad side effects and similar cases of cannabis syndrome are not the result of consuming cannabis in itself but are the result of over fed synthetic nutes, supplements and chemicals pesticides and fungicides.

Cheers

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome—or "CHS"—is a condition associated with chronic cannabis abuse. Its three primary symptoms are nausea, abdominal pains and cyclical vomiting, an ailment where you retch or throw up far more often than you should (around six to 12 times an hour).
Unfortunately with Cannabis becoming more potent and higher concentrations, like wax or oil or vape cartridges, this illness has become more common for chronic smokers.

The only cure is to stop smoking or ingesting cannabis.