• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does my benzo feeling wear off so quick?

Tifftifco2

Bluelighter
I don't even use them often they are diazapam. I feel them kick In but then within half hour, gone no nice feeling and like I've not took them.

Same with opiates but i have a huge tolerance to them so i can understand that but no matter of i take 2mg or 10mg of diazepam it's the same. Any way thay i can stop this happening? I genuinely need them to help my anxiety! Is there anything i can take to help. I take valerian root and amitriptyline aswell and i have dihydrocodeine and gabapentin also.

Thanks

I don't even use them often they are diazapam. I feel them kick In but then within half hour, gone no nice feeling and like I've not took them.

Same with opiates but i have a huge tolerance to them so i can understand that but no matter of i take 2mg or 10mg of diazepam it's the same. Any way thay i can stop this happening? I genuinely need them to help my anxiety! Is there anything i can take to help. I take valerian root and amitriptyline aswell and i have dihydrocodeine and gabapentin also.

Thanks
Or just take a higher dose than 10 mg of the Diazepam. Or Switch to a different Benzo for a while if possible? Or if you have a massive Benzo tolerance then there's no way back - other than time - and abstinence.

Sorry, it's probably the not the answer you wanted to hear.. Amitriptyline might knock you out at dose from 25-50 mg. Dihyrocodeine can be quite enjoyable as well as remove some of your anxiety. (100 - 150 mg if it's your first time) Same with Gabapentin.. Many people use this recreationally as well as medicinally - and it should almost certainly have some positive effects on your sleep/anxiety. Not sure of the dose but other who use it will hopefully chime in.. Pregabalin would be a better choice if you could get it.. I'm prescribed 600 mg per (3 x 200 mg) And without a tolerance it can be great for anxiety and also has magic touch hard to explain... It is also known in relation to sleep inducing/increasing properties.

Last edited:
take tagamet (cimitedine half an hour beforehand?

They have suddenly recalled these in the UK literally in the last week! apparently they have found a carcinogenic in it! Well ranitidine anyway which i think is the UK version? I will have a look though now online see if I can get any of the cimetedine as I always took the ranitidine to potentiate my opiates. Thank you

Or just take a higher dose than 10 mg of the Diazepam. Or Switch to a different Benzo for a while if possible? Or if you have a massive Benzo tolerance then there's no way back - other than time - and abstinence.

Sorry, it's probably the not the answer you wanted to hear.. Amitriptyline might knock you out at dose from 25-50 mg. Dihyrocodeine can be quite enjoyable as well as remove some of your anxiety. (100 - 150 mg if it's your first time) Same with Gabapentin.. Many people use this recreationally as well as medicinally - and it should almost certainly have some positive effects on your sleep/anxiety. Not sure of the dose but other who use it will hopefully chime in.. Pregabalin would be a better choice if you could get it.. I'm prescribed 600 mg per (3 x 200 mg) And without a tolerance it can be great for anxiety and also has magic touch hard to explain... It is also known in relation to sleep inducing/increasing properties.

Hi and thanks for your reply. All great advise but I wonder how I could tweak it as I am already at the point where I take x3 300mg gabapentin, 8 x 30mg dihydrocodeine 6 x 30 mg codeine all at the same time. Then at night I take between 20 - 50mg amitriptyline and maybe 4 x 30mg dihydrocodeine 2 x 30mg codeine and leave the pregabalin out. I'd usually take (if I have any) 1 x 50mg diphenhydramine and the amitriptyline an hour before the codeine. Then if I have any I will take a zopiclone. I've only recently acquired diazapam but it appears my tolerance grows within literally a week or less! Do you think there is anything I should be doing different than how I am taking them in your opnion. I also find dihydrocodeine actually makes my anxiety worse an hour or so after taking when the nice feelings were iff which it does very quickly. I've just ordered some phenibut. Worried about adding another chemical in there but I'm never going to be able to stop looking for these feelings whilst I have the massively high pressured job that I do. Maybe an excuse but I don't like alcohol or weed so cant use them. I think in honesty I'm going to have to spend a few days or even weeks taking minimal doses of all and none of the diazapam (unless desperate ) to try and reverse some of my tolerance because I feel like in continually chasing that high and I do need to take something so 1 i dont go in to withdrawals and 2 to keep on top of the pain from the condition that i got them prescribed for.. I've gradually gone from feeling good on 2 cocodamol to needing a shed load and I'm of course worries about one day not waking up and as a single mum with 3 girls I can't do that to them. I've been prescribed sertraline but I'm too selfish to take it because I think think they actually block the feelings of the opiates . Any advise on them? And out of all of those I'm not actually prescribed the gabapentin or diazapam I buy them but i am prescribed the sertraline, the amytriptiline the dihydrocodeine and some nefopam which dont do anything. Thanks again for your reply i think you know much better how I can take these and get a better result than I can!

Hey, I have the same thing with benzos. I take diazepam for muscle spasms and anxiety and it wears off after 20 mins. My dr has told me I metabolise it super fast. I’ll just never be a person who enjoys benzos. They do the trick for me for the intended purposes and from what I’ve read on here benzo addiction and withdrawal is horrible so I’m kinda glad I don’t get anything out of them, it’s not worth it.

Benzo tolerance can build up quite fast and i feel like they can almost have a life time tolerance. A doctor should look at your options if you still feeling some anxiety or something on them.

Benzo tolerance can build up quite fast and i feel like they can almost have a life time tolerance. A doctor should look at your options if you still feeling some anxiety or something on them.
I think you were aiming this at OP.

But just to say, I have weird Issues with metabolising certain medications due to a genetic condition. For example, I metabolise local anaesthetic so fast I need like 4 adult doses just to get simple filling and the dentist has to work super fast because it wears off so quick. That’s why I get GA now at dentist as well as I’ve a phobia though too. Even local anaesthetic for stitches doesn’t work for me. Under general im always light which they have to monitor me extra for. Benzos metabolise fast also that’s why I never get more than 20 mins out of them, even in higher doses. The dr wanted to do dna sequencing to see why but I said no to that. Fuck having my dna on a database.

Hi and thanks for your reply. All great advise but I wonder how I could tweak it as I am already at the point where I take x3 300mg gabapentin, 8 x 30mg dihydrocodeine 6 x 30 mg codeine all at the same time. Then at night I take between 20 - 50mg amitriptyline and maybe 4 x 30mg dihydrocodeine 2 x 30mg codeine and leave the pregabalin out. I'd usually take (if I have any) 1 x 50mg diphenhydramine and the amitriptyline an hour before the codeine. Then if I have any I will take a zopiclone. I've only recently acquired diazapam but it appears my tolerance grows within literally a week or less! Do you think there is anything I should be doing different than how I am taking them in your opnion. I also find dihydrocodeine actually makes my anxiety worse an hour or so after taking when the nice feelings were iff which it does very quickly. I've just ordered some phenibut. Worried about adding another chemical in there but I'm never going to be able to stop looking for these feelings whilst I have the massively high pressured job that I do. Maybe an excuse but I don't like alcohol or weed so cant use them. I think in honesty I'm going to have to spend a few days or even weeks taking minimal doses of all and none of the diazapam (unless desperate ) to try and reverse some of my tolerance because I feel like in continually chasing that high and I do need to take something so 1 i dont go in to withdrawals and 2 to keep on top of the pain from the condition that i got them prescribed for.. I've gradually gone from feeling good on 2 cocodamol to needing a shed load and I'm of course worries about one day not waking up and as a single mum with 3 girls I can't do that to them. I've been prescribed sertraline but I'm too selfish to take it because I think think they actually block the feelings of the opiates . Any advise on them? And out of all of those I'm not actually prescribed the gabapentin or diazapam I buy them but i am prescribed the sertraline, the amytriptiline the dihydrocodeine and some nefopam which dont do anything. Thanks again for your reply i think you know much better how I can take these and get a better result than I can!
omeprazole or grapefruit juice both slow benzo metabolism and increase blood levels...but zopiclone and gabapentin both have cross tolerance with diazepam, im on near enough the same meds as you and have the same problem, try cutting back on the meds that effect the gaba receptors for a few days...ie zopiclone and gabapentin,,,also if youre sourcing them of the internet they maybe not genuine..

Last edited:
I think you were aiming this at OP.

But just to say, I have weird Issues with metabolising certain medications due to a genetic condition. For example, I metabolise local anaesthetic so fast I need like 4 adult doses just to get simple filling and the dentist has to work super fast because it wears off so quick. That’s why I get GA now at dentist as well as I’ve a phobia though too. Even local anaesthetic for stitches doesn’t work for me. Under general im always light which they have to monitor me extra for. Benzos metabolise fast also that’s why I never get more than 20 mins out of them, even in higher doses. The dr wanted to do dna sequencing to see why but I said no to that. Fuck having my dna on a database.
omeprazole and white grapefruit juice slows benzo metabolism and highers blood levels...im not advising it though

omeprazole and white grapefruit juice slows benzo metabolism and highers blood levels...im not advising it though
I use omeprazole every day for stomach issues. I’ve never found it to slow the metabolism. Maybe just not in that dose though which is 20mg. Honestly not that I’d want to anyway so I wouldnt be trying.

Thanks

I always notice my benzos wear off way to quik when i eat something as it puts your metabolism into gear and makes you lose a lot of the feeling. I've tried downing a whole bottle of white-grape fruite juice but that didn't help me if anything at all : /

I always notice my benzos wear off way to quik when i eat something as it puts your metabolism into gear and makes you lose a lot of the feeling. I've tried downing a whole bottle of white-grape fruite juice but that didn't help me if anything at all : /
Try tagamet.

pregabalin helps but it all just ends up increasing tollerance

omeprazole or grapefruit juice both slow benzo metabolism and increase blood levels...but zopiclone and gabapentin both have cross tolerance with diazepam, im on near enough the same meds as you and have the same problem, try cutting back on the meds that effect the gaba receptors for a few days...ie zopiclone and gabapentin,,,also if youre sourcing them of the internet they maybe not genuine..
Zopiclone and Gabapentin both don't have cross-tolerance with Diazepam. Diazepam has some cross-tolerance with Zopiclone. But not with Gabapentin.. Afaik