• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why does it matter if your a drug addict

I don't know, drugs have certainly been a net negative for me, except for psychedelics. But I am still happy with who I am and generally happy with my life. I wish I'd never tried any hard drugs, though. My life would be better without them. I was miserable in life until I started doing what I love (music).

I mean in reality , if your a good person and you don't hurt others and you earn an honest living and contribute to society why the hell does it matter if one wants to make their lonley existence a little more interesting through substances . As long as you arnt forcing drugs into children I don't see why so there is so much stigma against people who use drugs . Their are many "addicts" who you would never even know use drugs, they go to school they hold down jobs they don't steal to feed their addiction . It's just ridiculous how addicts are treated especially in America because it's so hypocritical considering alcohol is legal. No drug has ever fucked me up and made me lose inhibition like alcohol

Why must society make you feel like your a horrible person just because you want to escape .. this world is ugly after all... it's no surprise human beings are prone to substance use

Thoughts??
when your in the presence of God you feel like your on the best Drug, This is my theory, The reason why people do drugs is because there is a unconscious void, so we fill it with drugs to mimic the connection, which is artificial

Drug addiction can be seen as a more honest and more energy-efficient way of coping, compared to the lies ingrained by materialistic ego pursuits and politics.

I often wish some people could just fix themselves with drugs rather than fucking shit up for other people acting out their repressed feelings in the charade of normal adulthood.

It's not so strange if people should need a neurochemical adjustment, considering the divide between our biological adaptions and our technologically accelerated environments.

Last edited:
Well, I am what is termed a 'clinical addict', because I'm prescribed dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and lorazepam, because of treatment for phantom limb pain. No stigma etc., just the way it is...

everybody needs a boogyman. some evil that we have to banish. not sure why this has to be.
love the writing and personal perspectives. it definitively isnt helpful to anyone when denegrating another, imo.
my take is i leave others alone in their use and hope that when i wanna play i am left to be. all that "junkie" static kills a buzz quick. lol

I don't think it should matter, but there are some modern concerns about it. Lots of unneeded stigma, but because of how things are, it's very dangerous to be an addict, suffice to say.

I notice this thread is pretty old but seems to have been revived recently so I'll chime in.

Drugs destroy your ability to be happy without them. All drugs.

Because drugs are addictive and destroy the organs in Your body and rape your brains abity to feel happy. Pretty common knowledge
Come on man... No. "ALL drugs?!" No! This is prohibitionist propaganda.

You are obviously referring to a very specific subset of the vast pharmacopeia available to human beings, and it's easy to say, oh, that should be obvious from context, but frankly, it isn't to everyone, and seeing lazy generalisations like this is a perpetuation of extremely harmful ideas.

"Drugs" are not one thing. I know that you know this, but you write as if you don't. And if they were one thing, your post would be just flatly wrong.

I'll try to skip some back and forth semantic arguments but assuming you mean "certain drugs, specifically demonstrably addictive ones with proven toxicity to the human body (brain included in the body here), and mind (as in, connected irrefutably to a high prevalence of psychiatric disorders following usage" damage the ability of most people to feel happy in the long term."

But this is still too vague. It's a slippery slope. Not everyone reacts in the same way to every drug. Drugs "destroy the organs", Christ, man... you're smarter than that. What you mean to say is, "Drugs [seem to] have destroyed [your] ability to be happy without them", which is unfortunate and I feel for you, but not everyone shares your experience... and there's no need to throw the community of which you were once a part under the bus by turning to nonsense, ridiculously wide prohibitionist generalisations and perpetuating them as the reality of things, thus doing everyone a disservice.

In answer to the question at hand (even if it was asked 4 years ago) - there's nothing wrong with being an addict in principle, almost everyone is addicted to something. There are, arguably, some things wrong with being a certain kind of addict. However the issues here usually relate to the behaviour of the addict, not the fact that they are addicted to something, which is itself a morally neutral fact about reality.

Drugs have caused me some problems, for sure. But I have no regrets about trying any of them, even the ones I've strugglec to control my usage with. I realise, I'm lucky, had fate played me another hand I might feel very, very differently. I've been addicted to a few things. But the addiction itself wasn't the problem, and the drug itself was not to blame. It's pointless to speculate about what my life would look like if I'd never tried one drug or the other because that person, is not me, but another version of me living in a parallel reality. The same is true for all of you. I don't really want to be a parallel version of myself, so, speaking for myself... Drugs played a big part in making me who I am today, without them I would not exist, so for that, I'm grateful.

I notice this thread is pretty old but seems to have been revived recently so I'll chime in.

You are obviously referring to a very specific subset of the vast pharmacopeia available to human beings, and it's easy to say, oh, that should be obvious from context, but frankly, it isn't to everyone, and seeing lazy generalisations like this is a perpetuation of extremely harmful ideas.

"Drugs" are not one thing. I know that you know this, but you write as if you don't. And if they were one thing, your post would be just flatly wrong.

I'll try to skip some back and forth semantic arguments but assuming you mean "certain drugs, specifically demonstrably addictive ones with proven toxicity to the human body (brain included in the body here), and mind (as in, connected irrefutably to a high prevalence of psychiatric disorders following usage" damage the ability of most people to feel happy in the long term."

But this is still too vague. It's a slippery slope. Not everyone reacts in the same way to every drug. Drugs "destroy the organs", Christ, man... you're smarter than that. What you mean to say is, "Drugs [seem to] have destroyed [your] ability to be happy without them", which is unfortunate and I feel for you, but not everyone shares your experience... and there's no need to throw the community of which you were once a part under the bus by turning to nonsense, ridiculously wide prohibitionist generalisations and perpetuating them as the reality of things, thus doing everyone a disservice.

In answer to the question at hand (even if it was asked 4 years ago) - there's nothing wrong with being an addict in principle, almost everyone is addicted to something. There are, arguably, some things wrong with being a certain kind of addict. However the issues here usually relate to the behaviour of the addict, not the fact that they are addicted to something, which is itself a morally neutral fact about reality.

Drugs have caused me some problems, for sure. But I have no regrets about trying any of them, even the ones I've strugglec to control my usage with. I realise, I'm lucky, had fate played me another hand I might feel very, very differently. I've been addicted to a few things. But the addiction itself wasn't the problem, and the drug itself was not to blame. It's pointless to speculate about what my life would look like if I'd never tried one drug or the other because that person, is not me, but another version of me living in a parallel reality. The same is true for all of you. I don't really want to be a parallel version of myself, so, speaking for myself... Drugs played a big part in making me who I am today, without them I would not exist, so for that, I'm grateful.
I'm sure certain drugs enhance people's lives when used the right way. This goes foe the opioids some of the hardest and most problematic drugs.

I was speaking more from a drug addict's perspective, which I assume the majority of this websites readers are.

I mean in reality , if your a good person and you don't hurt others and you earn an honest living and contribute to society why the hell does it matter if one wants to make their lonley existence a little more interesting through substances . As long as you arnt forcing drugs into children I don't see why so there is so much stigma against people who use drugs . Their are many "addicts" who you would never even know use drugs, they go to school they hold down jobs they don't steal to feed their addiction . It's just ridiculous how addicts are treated especially in America because it's so hypocritical considering alcohol is legal. No drug has ever fucked me up and made me lose inhibition like alcohol

Why must society make you feel like your a horrible person just because you want to escape .. this world is ugly after all... it's no surprise human beings are prone to substance use

Thoughts??
At a not so long ago meeting about me over me being a danger to my kid's, that exact question was put upon me. The answer to why I am a danger was never answered so I 'll leave that in the middle. But the drug stigma and a ex with an behavior disorder probably played a role.

Something like : "I am interested in what other drugs means in the context of what is written here"

The main drug in question being alcohol, cause apparently if you have kid's you are not allowed to drink. I was never drunk or tipsy, it was a coping mechanism at that time (att).

So I answered "I am a heroin addict" which I am not but it was the best snappy response i could think of because despite my drinking problem which i was solving att. They seem to clutter you up with drugs as I am a avid Marijuana smoker.

And the fact that that never had an negative effect on my kid's besides giving a bad example wasn't even mentioned.

In short yes drug use stigmatizes you.

Last edited:
when your in the presence of God you feel like your on the best Drug, This is my theory, The reason why people do drugs is because there is a unconscious void, so we fill it with drugs to mimic the connection, which is artificial

Surely you're taking the piss?

Do people really believe this shit?

Man, your knowledge of the english language is VAST like your username hehe. Are you a writer/journalist or something like that? Reading your posts are always a treat 4 me, your style of writing is so bloody cool. 💯💯💯👌🤍😊

Look at it from this way.

Does it matter if you are making weapons of mass destruction. Insectisides which are known to be harmfull. well i could go on and on and then end with would you be judged as a not worthy person.

No probably not. But mentioning something minor like; 'I have smoked pot but I didn't inhale' is something that will stick.

Man, your knowledge of the english language is VAST like your username hehe. Are you a writer/journalist or something like that? Reading your posts are always a treat 4 me, your style of writing is so bloody cool. 💯💯💯👌🤍😊
Thanks dude, appreciate that, not a writer but trying to be, maybe I'll share my medium one day if I get less paranoid about it being able to be traced back to my real identity. :cautious: