• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why does ecstasy make my cheeks look puffy and my face looks ugly????

shawty26

Greenlighter
i know people say that people's face look ugly while they are rolling. I notice some good looking people roll and their faces look the same but just a little messed up like they are on something. But for me, I remember a long time ago during my high school years before I started taking paxil, I used to roll a lot and my rolling face looks normal like i dont look ugly or my face doesn't look puffy or dull or anything, i just look fucked up but still look good. But after i took paxil 10 mg for about 1 year and then later i stopped taking paxil cold turkey, without tapering off and then a short while after that I started to roll again, i notice the ecstasy makes my face look really puffy and ugly while i'm rolling, and its not that i look fucked up, it is that i look almost like a different, uglier person. When i take pictures of myself rolling and compare it to how my face looks when im sober, i look like almost a completely different person. Here are the pictures of me when i'm rolling and not rolling, you can tell the difference. The first picture is when im sober and the second is when I am also sober. The third picture is when I was on ecstasy. You can tell how majorly different I look. And the same goes for when I do other drugs such as xanax or drink alcohol, i look way more ugly and different.

Also, when i'm not on the paxil, i always look ugly like in the third picture for some reason but when im on paxil i look better, like in the first picture. It almost looks like my face looks more duller when i'm on ecstasy or other drugs and my face looks brighter and normal when i'm sober and it even looks better when i'm on 20 mg of paxil. And when I see other people do drugs, they're face still looks the same, it doesn't look duller or way uglier like mines.

Do you think taking paxil for about a year and then quitting cold turkey without tapering and then taking ecstasy shorty after messed up the consistency of my face?

I been wondering about this for a long time..if anybody knows any scientific explanation behind this please elaborate. Thank you.

and please don't make fun of me im very serious about figuring this out..

Last edited:
Looks exactly the same. Except the lighting is different which makes it hard to compare anyway.

PS clean your mirror.

My mate always say his cheeks go puffy on MDMA hah, dunno though chewing your inside of your mouth.... or smething to do with your jaw movement? hardly even tell

Just stared at the photos for like 30 seconds. I didn't see anything noticably different between them apart from, perhaps, the lighting.

Anyways, who gives a fuck what you look like at a rave on MDMA. Those that are on it with you don't care, and those that aren't are usually not worth spending time with. H8erz gon' h8

My mate always say his cheeks go puffy on MDMA hah, dunno though chewing your inside of your mouth.... or smething to do with your jaw movement? hardly even tell

This is what I was thinking. Jaw clenching, excessive chewing, both could be the cause of your cheeks going puffy. Which by the way I don't see at all. You look fine, man.

But you guys have to admit that i look pretty ugly in the picture when I was rolling, compared to the first picture where my skin looks bright and radiant. I really think it is the paxil that messed up my facial skin features and make it look more puffier because i remember back in high school before I took paxil, every time I roll I would look the same except just sweaty and dilated pupils.

I really think it's the paxil that messed up my face....

And another theory of mine is that maybe the free radical damages that occur when someone takes ecstasy PLUS messing with the serotonin receptors affects their appearance immensely which leads to my next question if any one have ever tried antioxidants such as vitamin c or any other antioxidants to improve their "rolling" face to look normal.

I really hate it when i look good before a party and a lot of girls are talking to me but and as soon as i pop an ex pill my face dramatically changes and the girls don't seem interested anymore.

If any of you have any experience with this please share, and thank you. I am worrying about this because i love talking to girls while we're all rolling but when girls look at my rolling face it looks like immediately they think i look too fucked up and ugly notice how much my face changed and then they lose interest.

P.L.U.R

people look ugly rolling

you look fine dude lol, I'm sure it's just anxiety

But you guys have to admit that i look pretty ugly in the picture when I was rolling, compared to the first picture where my skin looks bright and radiant. I really think it is the paxil that messed up my facial skin features and make it look more puffier because i remember back in high school before I took paxil, every time I roll I would look the same except just sweaty and dilated pupils.

I really think it's the paxil that messed up my face....

And another theory of mine is that maybe the free radical damages that occur when someone takes ecstasy PLUS messing with the serotonin receptors affects their appearance immensely which leads to my next question if any one have ever tried antioxidants such as vitamin c or any other antioxidants to improve their "rolling" face to look normal.

I really hate it when i look good before a party and a lot of girls are talking to me but and as soon as i pop an ex pill my face dramatically changes and the girls don't seem interested anymore.

If any of you have any experience with this please share, and thank you. I am worrying about this because i love talking to girls while we're all rolling but when girls look at my rolling face it looks like immediately they think i look too fucked up and ugly notice how much my face changed and then they lose interest.

You really look no different and I'm not just saying that. If you looked worse I'd tell you - trust me. I've got pictures of me on MDMA where I look like a fucking scary gremlin with eyes popping out my head. It just does that. I doubt it has anything to do with Paxil and taking anti-oxidants won't change anything.

I think i agree about my cheeks and face looking puffy because of the teeth clinching and jaw movement. Maybe that is true but... even back then before i started taking the paxil, whenever I rolled even though I had teeth clinching and jaw movement, i still look like the first picture. I dont think you guys are understanding what I'm trying to say. Ok, before I started taking paxil 10 mg during high school, I rolled quite a lot. Every time I roll my face looks like the first picture (which I have to admit I look pretty attractive, not to be conceited or anything lol :p hahaha) and even with the jaw and teeth clenching i still look like the first pic. After that, I stopped rolling for about 10 months because I got started on paxil 10 mg for about 10 months. After taking the paxil 10 mg for 10 months, i didn't taper off like i stated earlier. I just straight up stopped taking it and then after 2 days I started to roll again. When I started to roll again after i stopped taking the paxil abrupty, thats when I face started looking puffy and old while im rolling and also while im SOBER as well. While I was rolling, I asked one of my friend does my face look different? And he said that my face looks completely different when im rolling, like i look like another person or something. When someone rolls, you can tell they look fucked up but you can still recognize who they are but thats not the case for me...anyways, So i asked him how? And he said he doesn't know how to explain it but he said my cheeks and jaw looks really puffy and my face looks 10+ years older.

I am going to a big rave coming up in a few weeks and i will take pictures of me in the bathroom rolling and peaking on two blue doramons and i will post my face picture up so you can see how completely different and way uglier I look. And I wouldn't look nothing like the third picture, i would look totally different like you can't even recognize me.

Please keep this thread open and thank you for not being rude.

Bro maybe you should just enjoy yourself and not give a shit what you look like? ;)

trust me, I look like some cracked out pokemon when I roll. (like my profile pic, lmao) So does everyone else. It means your having a good time, that you've forgotten the petty shit we deal with 24/7... even just for that one night.

I'm almost positive the ONLY person who thinks you're ugly is yourself, though. Perhaps you have some deeper insecurities at play here?

I've heard that the reason peoples cheeks get puffy when they're rolling is from water retention. All that water you drank that isn't leaving your system has to go somewhere I geuss. If that's the case just drink gatorade when you roll, you shouldn't need more than a bottle or two.

LOL! Alright how about this guys. Lets do an experiment. After I go to the rave and while i'm still rolling balls i'm going to take pictures of myself and then you guys can see how completely different and ugly i look. What i'm mainly stressing about is that back in high school i used to look still the same even if i was rolling balls, i would just look a little fucked up. But now after i took the paxil and went off of it, when I roll, i look completely ugly and it just pisses me off because my face isn't consistent.

Now that i'm tapering off paxil and experimenting with other drugs, my face still looks horrible. I really do think taking paxil has changed something in my brain that affects my facial skin features like my skin elasticity and hydration or some bullshit. And when i do get back on the 20 mg of paxil my face looks competely better. It's almost like I need to get back on the paxil for my face to look normal or good or youthful again. I want to be able to NOT take the paxil and still look good like i did back in high school! Hell, i tried crystal meth back in high school and my face still looked normal and youthful. I'm telling you guys..its the paxil that messed up my face and I guarantee you it's not all in my mind! and I been trying really hard to find solutions to look normal and youthful again without having to take paxil. When I'm off paxil, people can see my stressed out,. old., dull, and puffy face and I'm tired of it. :(

Here is a link to show that i'm not alone on this. Look at the woman's wedding picture and then look at her after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65c8wkB3WnI

Last edited:
Maybe the paxil kept your serotonin levels high. I know things look pretty & cute to me when I'm rolling. Then when I come down they look ugly..

LOL! Alright how about this guys. Lets do an experiment. After I go to the rave and while i'm still rolling balls i'm going to take pictures of myself and then you guys can see how completely different and ugly i look. What i'm mainly stressing about is that back in high school i used to look still the same even if i was rolling balls, i would just look a little fucked up. But now after i took the paxil and went off of it, when I roll, i look completely ugly and it just pisses me off because my face isn't consistent.

Now that i'm tapering off paxil and experimenting with other drugs, my face still looks horrible. I really do think taking paxil has changed something in my brain that affects my facial skin features like my skin elasticity and hydration or some bullshit. And when i do get back on the 20 mg of paxil my face looks competely better. It's almost like I need to get back on the paxil for my face to look normal or good or youthful again. I want to be able to NOT take the paxil and still look good like i did back in high school! Hell, i tried crystal meth back in high school and my face still looked normal and youthful. I'm telling you guys..its the paxil that messed up my face and I guarantee you it's not all in my mind! and I been trying really hard to find solutions to look normal and youthful again without having to take paxil. When I'm off paxil, people can see my stressed out,. old., dull, and puffy face and I'm tired of it. :(

Here is a link to show that i'm not alone on this. Look at the woman's wedding picture and then look at her after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65c8wkB3WnI

Why is it so impossible that the Paxil created an underlying anxiety that you are channeling into thinking you are ugly?

I'm not sure what you really want us to tell you dude.. when I roll my jaw is practically locked shut, my eyes are wide open like a mad man and I'm usually rubbing myself inappropriately in a sweaty, euphoric mess. Trust me, I don't look good in that state lmao... but my looks are the last thing on mine, or anyone else's mind at the time.

Hey, I'm trying to help.

Those pics you posted do NOT show an ugly looking person. Ask yourself why you won't believe us.

I think almost everyone looks messed up to some degree when rolling. Why do you feel you should be different from the rest of us?

I've seen video of myself when rolling. I look like hell. Question for you: Why am I able to Iaugh about how I look, but you are stressed about how you THINK you look? My point is, most of the rest of us don't care how we appear, can you also just not worry about it? You'll have more peace in your life. You're wasting mdma if you're getting all upset during your roll about how horrible you look – or how you THINK you look.

It's not that i feel like i should be different from the rest of you guys. I know that when anybody is on any kind of drugs they will look messed up to some degree. But what i'm trying to tell you guys is that I look like a completely DIFFERENT and ugly person when I roll. I look so ugly to the point where I can't even recognize myself when I take a picture of me rolling and comparing it to a normal picture of me on paxil.

Just answer this question. Why is it that during high school when I didn't take paxil and I did drugs like ecstasy/weed/meth and my face still looks normal and good but just a little messed up? Like when im on E you can just tell my that my eyes look different because of my dilated pupils, but my face and the skin on my face doesn't look puffy or dull or old at all it just looks bright and youthful. Then after high school I started taking the paxil, then stopped the paxil cold turkey and then every time i rolled my face would look really puffy, old, and dull. I just want to know why is that?

And even now my face is not consistent at all like most days my face would look old and dull and it looks like i lost elasticity in my face and then some days my face looks really good. And comparing the days when my face looks ugly to the days when my face looks good, it really looks like two different persons. And the weird thing is that when I'm on paxil 20 mg consistently for about 3+ months, that is when my face looks consistently good. But when I get off it, my face starts to look ugly. It's really weird and you would have to experience it to understand it. And judging from your responses, I highly doubt none of you have ever experienced this.

And don't get me wrong when I roll i have a lot of fun its just the fact that before I take the e pill, I would have confidence to talk to girls and t because i know my face doesn't look that bad YET, also the girls would seem interested in me. But then when i take the e pill and it hits me then I go to the bathroom to look in the mirror and my face looks sooo puffy and ugly and I can tell the girls notice it too because they would seem less interested in me.

Last edited: