• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why does Adderall suck so much for my dog when studying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyoucutie

Greenlighter
Hello all, I was talking to my dog today and he said that even from the first time he ever took Adderall to study, the beneficial effects (i.e. focused, feeling good, motivated) have lasted for about an hour, and the come down lasts for about 3 hours after that. During the comedown he feels fatigued, and his entire body is very uncomfortable, and it becomes difficult to concentrate or study. This is off 10 mg; if he takes a large-for-him dose (20-30 mg, my dog is not very heavy), the beneficial effects STILL only last one hour, and the come down is even harsher and longer (4-6 hours). Hence, I have a few questions if all would be so kind:

1) Can someone explain why my dog's effective timeframe is so small? He has read accounts of other people who only take 5-10 mg and are able to study for 5-6 hours. My dog gets only one hour of studying and after that he is shot for probably the rest of the day.
2) Are there things that my dog can eat (besides chocolate, which is anathema to his system and acidic besides) that can make the peak last longer (either before or during)? He knows that he should create an alkaline environment within his stomach, but he is skeptical that it will increase the length, as he has tried lapping up two Tum's beforehand once only to have the comedown hit really hard.

3) The main question my dog has, though, is: he has only tried experimenting with one dose per study session; since his window of effectiveness is so short, would bingeing be the solution to his answer?? He tells me that he would really like to spend a full day studying with Adderall, as the beneficial effects really are amazing. If my dog takes a second dose about an hour after his first, won't the comedown of the first crash into the comeup of the second and just make the entire thing shitty? My dog has heard of people who just take multiple pills throughout the day to study and seem to find effective, which is why he asks.

Thank you for reading, all! If the questions take too long to answer, please just answer #3! I hope to bring my dog some answers!

1. You should go to a doctor as talking to dogs isn't normal, maybe you're experiencing psychosis?
2. Giving drugs to your dog is just cruel, they're meant for human consumption only!
3. Edit your post to 'I' or this thread will get closed and don't forget to read the rules!

We don't give adderall to our dogs. I don't see any reason why someone would do that. Edit your post and use 'I' and I'll then send it over to Basic Drug Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.