• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do you have to wait between every LSD or Nbome (for example) trip?

nalvan

Greenlighter
Hey well, thats basically the question but im not talking about tolerance, i understand that, what i want to know is wich are the risk of taking psychedelics too often?

Generally people who abuse psychedelics end up with emotional or disorders pertaining to the processing of memory and information. It isnt like someone who abuses heroin in that their tolerance increases and there is almost no impact other then addiction and the negatives that come with poor use habits. Psychedelics are different in the receptors they activate and those receptors are important to normal processing of emotion and memory and thus over use and tolerance makes them less sensitive.

The huge difference is that when your body can not process the serotonin normally and have it activate the receptors as it should the impact is much different then just addiction. But I do not know for sure as I have never studied it. I do know it is essentially a fact that over use of psychedelics has negative impacts on the processes i mentioned I just do not know how and related it in a fashion i am use to, tolerance on opioid receptors and the impact that has on the body.

Stuff like HPPD (Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder) and DP/DR (Depersonalisation/Derealisation) can come as a result from tripping too often.

hmm.. i see i was wondering cuz i took nbome (a quarter of a tab each time) but one each weekend within a month.. so yea i had like a terrible anxiety for like 2 months.. my anxiety is almost cero right now but i still feel from time to time a little bit weird.. feeling way better each day tho. Even tho i should have left more time between each trip i havent abuse them since a long time. Actually in my life if i put together all the quarters and halfs i took i believe it would be like 2 1/2. So i was wondering why i got such a terrible after effect (despite if they are permanent or not) even when i havent abuse them so much.

ps: that month when i did nbome 4 times, two of those times i mixed with weed and alcohol (not much alcohol, i got drunk but not like terribly drunk.. just beer). Plus one of those days i was with a friend i had argued with so it was quite akward. Plus we decided to go to the bus stop to go to a bar, and since i live in Argentina and the streets at night are quite unsafe i started thinking we were being chased and shit so i started panicking and have to go home.

There is often a plethora of issues with even single time usage of nbome chemicals... Your problems likely have more to do with using a highly dangerous chemical compound, rather than some psychiatric related issues from tripping too often. I've tripped more often than once a week before on safer drugs and have never had such a problem; however, I have seen others trip on nbomes frequently and come out thinking they have permanent brain damage. Please be careful and think about your actions before taking potentially life-threatening substances.

That said, tripping too frequently (on anything) can be hampering to social and emotional growth, and should be avoided if one desires to get the most out of psychedelic drug use.

oh yea definitly no more nbome for me. the problem is that in Argentina its really really, really hard to get lsd. Most of the times is Nbome or DOx. I did a magnetic resonance and my brain is just fine, so no real damage.

You just get tired of it and the novelty wears off. Psychedelic drugs are kind of self-regulating in that respect.

I think, well for myself anyways, the first few trips I had were amazing. I had learned so much about myself, and the world, and I came away with plenty of empathy and focus.

Then I had some psychotic break type trips. They left me anxious and full of dread. I was diagnosed with OCD and panic disorder. I think sometimes trips unlock parts of your brain quicker. For me it showed me the neurotic side of myself.