• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

why do women get paid less?

dr katz

Bluelighter
So I have heard several times about this controversy: women get paid less than men doing the same job. I am by NO means a bitter woman that thinks she's a feminist while she bashes on males and complains about how we are expected to shave our armpits and for some dumb ass reason thinks if men can walk around shirtless than women should too. I wouldn't even callmyself a feminist.. I believe that men and women are equal and that we balance each other out. But it is kinda weird that some jobs pay women less. What's up with that? Is there an actual reason why?

we are NOT equal and cant believe you think that. And there are jobs that women CANNOT do and there are some they shouldnt do. And its why we are NOT equal. Because we are different we are suited to do different things. The 1 thing I'll say, is if you can do the job "exactly" as the man does it, then you should get equal pay. If you cannot you shouldnt even be doing the job because there s a man that can. Jobs that require a certain physical level should NEVER be altered for women to make it easier, there's a reason why its at a certain level. When a man cannot hit that level they dont pussy up the test so he can pass, he gets sent down the road to find a different job. Women they make it easier and thats BULLSHIT. I used to be a fireman and had a female firefighter in our station and she couldnt carry an empty paper bag let alone a fellow firefighter or citizen that needed to be carried from a burning building. If something ever happened to one of us and she was the backup, we were fucked because she couldnt do the "firemans carry". She couldnt even drag someone. To pass the test to be a fireman you have to carry a person over your shoulder down a flight of stair and 50 feet and drag another one 50 feet, if you cant you fail. How this bitch ever got her job is beyond me. But she could NOT do the job and it put all of our lives at risk. And the bitch got the same pay for doing less of a job, WTF?

we are NOT equal and cant believe you think that. And there are jobs that women CANNOT do and there are some they shouldnt do. And its why we are NOT equal. Because we are different we are suited to do different things. The 1 thing I'll say, is if you can do the job "exactly" as the man does it, then you should get equal pay. If you cannot you shouldnt even be doing the job because there s a man that can. Jobs that require a certain physical level should NEVER be altered for women to make it easier, there's a reason why its at a certain level. When a man cannot hit that level they dont pussy up the test so he can pass, he gets sent down the road to find a different job. Women they make it easier and thats BULLSHIT. I used to be a fireman and had a female firefighter in our station and she couldnt carry an empty paper bag let alone a fellow firefighter or citizen that needed to be carried from a burning building. If something ever happened to one of us and she was the backup, we were fucked because she couldnt do the "firemans carry". She couldnt even drag someone. To pass the test to be a fireman you have to carry a person over your shoulder down a flight of stair and 50 feet and drag another one 50 feet, if you cant you fail. How this bitch ever got her job is beyond me. But she could NOT do the job and it put all of our lives at risk. And the bitch got the same pay for doing less of a job, WTF?
I'm talking about equal on a human being level Jesus Christ and I'm also talking about OFFICE JOBS. No Fucking shit it would be harder to be a fire fighter if you genetically have less muscle but did I ask that? No. Before you get all high and mighty understand what the hell I'm talking about.

mens society and hormones ! its not equal or fair ! and it needs to change !

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm highly aware of the differences in men and women's abilities. If I wasn't, that's like men thinking they could handle pregnancy and birth.. but when it comes to many positions that depend on individuals, not gender, it's pretty fucking lame men get paid more.

Its always been a mans world from the beginning, right or wrong thats how it is. I doubt it will ever change much, just like there will always be racism. I would guess this started when humans were hunter/gatherers. The men did the hunting and the gathering as thats what their physical make fit. And to this day, the ultimate responsibility to support a family falls on the man. Its expected, we're expected to make more money, but you want to be equal, thats a female no win scenario. I dont know to many women that would be happy being the bread winner while the man sits at home, drinks beer, does the laundry, and see's how far he can fling the kid with the home made catapult in his spare time :) If you're a single mom with a dead beat dad, they understand that pressure to provide for your children. While in todays world both male & female need to work, the pressure and responsibility is on the man. he can usually make more money and is more dependable and steadily employed, this just doesnt fall on the woman. If one of you is going to not work, its almost always going to be the female. This I know sort of supports your argument, but if you get equal pay or higher even, that responsibility when shift to the female if she is equal or better than her man. And that defeats most womens concept of the mans role as a husband and a father of the family.
If you disagree with that and can make more money than me, I'll marry sight unseen, thats a fucking meal ticket right there :)

Its always been a mans world from the beginning, right or wrong thats how it is. I doubt it will ever change much, just like there will always be racism. I would guess this started when humans were hunter/gatherers. The men did the hunting and the gathering as thats what their physical make fit. And to this day, the ultimate responsibility to support a family falls on the man. Its expected, we're expected to make more money, but you want to be equal, thats a female no win scenario. I dont know to many women that would be happy being the bread winner while the man sits at home, drinks beer, does the laundry, and see's how far he can fling the kid with the home made catapult in his spare time :) If you're a single mom with a dead beat dad, they understand that pressure to provide for your children. While in todays world both male & female need to work, the pressure and responsibility is on the man. he can usually make more money and is more dependable and steadily employed, this just doesnt fall on the woman. If one of you is going to not work, its almost always going to be the female. This I know sort of supports your argument, but if you get equal pay or higher even, that responsibility when shift to the female if she is equal or better than her man. And that defeats most womens concept of the mans role as a husband and a father of the family.
If you disagree with that and can make more money than me, I'll marry sight unseen, thats a fucking meal ticket right there :)
I'm not denying that men are the hunters I'm very aware of it I'm asking why we can't get paid equally and that doesn't mean im asking about roles either

I know what you mean and I agree, equal pay for equal work. part of the point I was trying to make was because the male has been established as the provider/leader in our culture and race of humans for that matter, they probably dont want to give it up being the head honcho lol :) But I was also trying to make the point, do YOU really want to be the head honcho? Or have that turn around and the women end up being the bread winners and the men become gigolos LOL :) Be careful what you ask for, you might get more than a pay raise ;)

Employers have to take into consideration that females may and in most cases do get pregnant at least once in their life. They are going to expect time off for maternity stay. Also, employers realize that after childbirth, there is a big chance the woman may not even return to work. It's a liability thing- men are more valuable to them. Not saying I agree nor am I saying I disagree with this practice.

I know what you mean and I agree, equal pay for equal work. part of the point I was trying to make was because the male has been established as the provider/leader in our culture and race of humans for that matter, they probably dont want to give it up being the head honcho lol :) But I was also trying to make the point, do YOU really want to be the head honcho? Or have that turn around and the women end up being the bread winners and the men become gigolos LOL :) Be careful what you ask for, you might get more than a pay raise ;)
Lol hell no I don't. I'm irresponsible and lazy. I don't even want a job for several reasons, one being that I don't want just any job that I probably don't want because it'll make me miserable and I don't value money enough to accept that. I understand what you mean now though sorry for being a hot head

Employers have to take into consideration that females may and in most cases do get pregnant at least once in their life. They are going to expect time off for maternity stay. Also, employers realize that after childbirth, there is a big chance the woman may not even return to work. It's a liability thing- men are more valuable to them. Not saying I agree nor am I saying I disagree with this practice.
Good point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrbS537nnso

this woman calls herself the "factual feminist" and I'd tend to agree with her opinion on this subject based on what I have seen first hand in industry and amongst friends/acquaintances. There are a lot of jobs out there that women can do just as well as men, some jobs that a woman might excel at compared to a male counterpart, but there are far less women out there with a drive for monetary success as there are men. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but girls that I have met who think that there is a huge wage gap and that girls don't stand a chance at all in the work place tend to lack any real technical/practical understanding of the workplace. That sounds harsh, but I'm not talking about girls in general- there are just as many guys imo who also lack that same understanding. What it ultimately comes down to imo is a societal difference in gender roles for very basic and practical reasons. Simply put, the woman is the one who will get pregnant and lactate. Not that men are outright better "bread winners", we may be more evolutionarily equipped to fulfill some roles having generally a larger frame and muscle mass. For example, I work in a male dominated industry of construction and not that a woman couldn't keep up, there are very few who actually choose to. I would imagine they would have to struggle much harder to achieve much less in a lot of circumstances. That being said, the harder physical jobs are actually the "easier" and lower paying jobs. Some of the highest paid employees might be the sales team, which could be dominated by females and it wouldn't be uncommon. In some cases, females have an "unfair" advantage of males.

anyways, my point is, there are a lot of high paying jobs that both males and females could do equally and receive equal compensation. I think the reason for the big wage gap has to do with the fact that when a couple gets pregnant the girl tends to stay home and take care of the kids while the guy has to go out and chase the dollar. There are a lot of cultural sentiments that a guy must make money to be worthy of a girls time, while the girl just has to be pretty enough for a rich guy to like her. I'm not saying that girls don't fall under pressures of their own, but that they are different. Like if you are a female, have 3 kids, make minimum wage at a part time job you would be considered a struggling single mother. If you were a male in the same position you would be a dead beat dad. Regardless of circumstance, that would be the cultural assumption. Girls are expected to wake up early to put on make up and get rid of unwanted hair and what not or else they are shamed.

there are so many high paying jobs in the medical field that females can do just as well if not better than guys. it might be harder for the uneducated female compared to the uneducated male though being that there are quite a few physically demanding jobs that pay decent but would be much harder for your average female to fulfill

I am all in favor of equal pay for equal work. But I saw this one article written somewhere in Ireland that was talking about how "the wage-gap was closed, because women make more now." How is that closing the wage gap? There is still a fucking gap there! It just favors women now. I just don't want it getting to that point.

The whole women's pay thing just misses the point entirely for me. WHY the fuck would women want to work in the first place? What is it about being a wage slave that is more appealing than looking after the children to ensure they grow up emotionally healthy, making a lovely home feel like a lovely home, and having time to catch up with other women in the local area (community building).

All its done is make things more competitive for everyone and push up prices. Like most movements that start off with good intentions the feminist one got hijacked by the corporate state machinery and its been fucking us all in the ass for decades now.

The statistics from the study in question were debunked rather quickly. The study never took into account many extraneous factors such as but not limited to; how long the individual had been employed at that position, when the individual entered the workforce, etc. Somebody a lot smarter than me did an audit and found that in many circumstances of the jobs that the female counterpart was generally in the workforce less time than a male of similar circumstance due to family obligations and things of this nature. I have worked many places and I have never noticed this anywhere other than manual labor and sales; two male dominated professions.