Why do tracking cookies need to be enabled?

MJ420

Bluelighter
I usually keep mine off but whenever I sign in on mobile it won't allow me to sign in unless i accept tracking cookies on my browser
Why?

Well it depends a bit on exactly what cookies specifically bluelight is using. But at the very least you need cookies enabled to use bluelight because it's impossible to determine if you're actually signed in or not without them.

On my phone I seem to be able to use bluelight with third party cookies off. But it's never going to work with cookies entirely off because otherwise the website has no way to know if you're signed in.

bottom of Jess’s post nailed it. whatever is blocking cookies for you is including the cookie you need to stay signed in.

also sometimes bluelight has a cookie error thing pop up that doesn’t mean anything. some glitch you can X out of without consequence.

my iphone has the no 3rd party tracking option on and bluelight still works fine. if i block all cookies i can’t sign in.

Thank you, new strain of weed had me wondering why bluelight was tracking me 😆 i am not even sure what computer cookies are i just see the word tracking and think of Snowden