• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do these tabs take nearly 3 hours to peak?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I've got these 150mic "lightbringer" tabs, which I quite enjoy, however they take forever to peak.

These tabs pass Ehrlich test with flying colors, so no doubt a lysergamide...

But for whatever reason, even held under the tongue for 90 minutes, it takes at least 3 hours to peak

Normal Lucy after 90 minutes I'm gone!

I'm guessing it's some RC LSD pro-drug that is going through some additional metabolism and takes longer.

Not looking for drug ID.... just maybe some info on LSD pro-drug metabolism

What gives? Anyone know?

Could be an RC, could just be you. I once took LSD on a hiking trip with a group of people and was disappointed because everyone else was on the peak while I hadn't even gotten first alerts. We finished the entire hike and I started coming up around the same time everyone else was on the back side of the peak. I got hit like a freight train because I dosed more than they did. Ended up tripping most of the night by myself because I was too zonked out to join them at the bar.

Could be an RC, could just be you. I once took LSD on a hiking trip with a group of people and was disappointed because everyone else was on the peak while I hadn't even gotten first alerts. We finished the entire hike and I started coming up around the same time everyone else was on the back side of the peak. I got hit like a freight train because I dosed more than they did. Ended up tripping most of the night by myself because I was too zonked out to join them at the bar.

You're probably right... even the dozens upon dozens of times I've done LSD every come up is so vastly different and I rarely jot down the time... I'm probably just overthinking it.

Even if it is a pro-drug... close enough. Too many variables to count on personal body metabolism rates and subjective experiences...

Either way I'm high as a kite and can no longer contribute anything meaningful to this conversation.

Thanks.

Enjoy your trip. Even if it's a pro-drug from what I know most of the LSD like RCs are very safe. My latest batch could be a pro-drug as far as I know even though it tested for LSD. I too have varied come-ups from 30 minutes up to a few hours depending on what I've ate recently. Since I take LSD orally (as in swallowing the tabs as soon as possible) I'm sure my come ups are a bit longer than most peoples are. That's an old habit I started back when RCs hit the scene. After doing it a few times I found out I prefer that ROA because I like for the LSD to sneak up on me.

If you're really curious give a dose to a friend and take it with them. Even out of the same batch I see varied come-ups. Usually it's with first timers. I remember dosing a guy once and him swearing for hours that it wasn't working even though the rest of us were rocketing towards peak. At some point he caught up with the rest of us or just gave in to the effects. For whatever reason some folks will deny they're feeling anything even though the world is melting in front of their eyes. I think it's common with first timers because they don't know what to expect.

I've got these 150mic "lightbringer" tabs, which I quite enjoy, however they take forever to peak.

These tabs pass Ehrlich test with flying colors, so no doubt a lysergamide...

But for whatever reason, even held under the tongue for 90 minutes, it takes at least 3 hours to peak

Normal Lucy after 90 minutes I'm gone!

I'm guessing it's some RC LSD pro-drug that is going through some additional metabolism and takes longer.

Not looking for drug ID.... just maybe some info on LSD pro-drug metabolism

What gives? Anyone know?
Do not keep it under the tongue!

especially if a prodrug - chew it and swallow - that will speed up absorption - even take some water with it. flush it into the system - that will speed up your onset.

Do not keep it under the tongue!

especially if a prodrug - chew it and swallow - that will speed up absorption - even take some water with it. flush it into the system - that will speed up your onset.

I think you're on to something here...

These tabs are strange... very potent but have an extremely delayed onset (after attempting buccal absorbtion and eventually just swallowing it).

Also after 14+ hours I'm still on the tail end of the come down.

Guess I'll just eat them now...

Thanks!

Enjoy your trip. Even if it's a pro-drug from what I know most of the LSD like RCs are very safe. My latest batch could be a pro-drug as far as I know even though it tested for LSD. I too have varied come-ups from 30 minutes up to a few hours depending on what I've ate recently. Since I take LSD orally (as in swallowing the tabs as soon as possible) I'm sure my come ups are a bit longer than most peoples are. That's an old habit I started back when RCs hit the scene. After doing it a few times I found out I prefer that ROA because I like for the LSD to sneak up on me.

If you're really curious give a dose to a friend and take it with them. Even out of the same batch I see varied come-ups. Usually it's with first timers. I remember dosing a guy once and him swearing for hours that it wasn't working even though the rest of us were rocketing towards peak. At some point he caught up with the rest of us or just gave in to the effects. For whatever reason some folks will deny they're feeling anything even though the world is melting in front of their eyes. I think it's common with first timers because they don't know what to expect.

Thanks for the input.

I mean I have dozens upon dozens of various LSD trips under my belt, everything from candies dunked into liquid to standard tabs, and I guess I always had these standard time stamps of:

+60min I'm feeling it
+90min I'm gone
+120min I'm peaking

I'm leaning towards what I have is a pro-drug... or maybe I'm just getting old and my metabolism has slowed down...

Who knows. I still had a great day after dosing at 4am... but was really bummed out because I ran out of weed a few hours in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

win some you lose some

My little mantra that I go by is that it takes a good two hours for the acid to really manifest itself. Even with plain LSD this is true, though generally larger doses will kick in faster to some extent.

I think the prodrugs are converted to LSD quite rapidly. It doesn't make sense that it would take 2 hours to decompose a tiny amount of an amide bond (aided by certain enzymes in the body that speed such conversion).

Most people feel like that are peaking at 2 hours but this is just the stage you know that you are 100% tripping balls the first peak the true peak is the second peak at 3-4 hours where there is a huge shift and its become very apparent the magic of LSD.