• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do some people see and identify with Hindu or Egyptian gods when on LSD?

My one and only mushroom flashback was also like that, I re-experienced a certain aspect of the trip that got triggered via a memory of a powerful 'marker' - there was also a play on this in Inception with the objects they use, and also with lucid dreaming where you use markers or triggers to identify whether you are in a dream or not.

mindblown.jpg

I like to think it's because it's the pop culture around it. Lots of tabs have these images on them and if you look for some psych images on google you'll find them too.
So while a person is tripping they might 'want' to see/feel it.

The tracers/image strobbing visuals look ALMOST THE SAME as the multi-limbed hindu gods, plus the wide arrange of colours.

Those hinduism creators really had a blast creating their mythos.

The tracers/image strobbing visuals look ALMOST THE SAME as the multi-limbed hindu gods, plus the wide arrange of colours.

Those hinduism creators really had a blast creating their mythos.

Can you be more specific as to how "tracers and strobbing visuals" have any potential to look and intuitively feel like an encounter with an archetypal deity? I am confused.

Don't wanna cause more confusion, but I have an additional question that seems relevant: While we know we cannot trust our eyes and ears on psychedelics, can we trust our intuitions as much as we normally can - or less or more?

Don't wanna cause more confusion, but I have an additional question that seems relevant: While we know we cannot trust our eyes and ears on psychedelics, can we trust our intuitions as much as we normally can - or less or more?

I think that depends on how mindful one is. Intuition isn't an isolated sensory experience. "It" can be observed by the witness and interpreted in the context of a larger understand of self.

Intuition is something we tune into like an antennae to a radio wave.The better our intuition the sharper the focus.I trust my inner voice in any situation as it It has never let me down.Our 5 senses often tell us what we want to hear, and when things get weird, our senses start to fail us.Our intuition never breaks down unless we break focus.There is massive amounts of information ,processed but not understood, by our conscious mind.Our subconscious absorbs this knowledge, and our meditative focus, allows us to comprehend this to the scale and level of our awareness level.This is commonly known by meditators that have been practicing for at least a few years.I've seen fast learners pick it up in a few months.I have been meditating for decades and usually know stuff before it happens to me.I love psychedelics and find that I can form the trip any way I wish by ,applying a theme to it, and following it through.I have had so many" bizarre experiences", utilizing this method, that I wouldn't want to bore you with all the details.Lets just say, it has been quite a ride, and the boundary between what we think is real, and what really is out there is staggering.Reality has many more layers than we take for granted, and there are many more, forms of intelligence, on this planet than humans.

I would say psychedelics make my intuition about 100x more powerful and amazingly accurate. Almost borders on "psychic powers" to be honest. I've done some pretty "magical" things on LSD.

On 2 ce I had a cev of a spinning disk with patterns and some kind of face in it. After some research I found it was Quezequotal the myan god who ihadno knowledge of before. Very trippy lol.

I haven't taken acid for 15 years now or so, but I am Shiva in case you're interested.