• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why do Roxi's make me pass out?

TonyDanzaExtravaga

Greenlighter
OK, So obviously I'm new here but I've been lurking for years. I have been on Oxy's for bulging discs, annular tears, DDD, facet arthropathy, radiculopathy, and peripheral neuropathy. I take doses of 80mg+ at times. For some reason, if I take the same dose using Roxis, I pass out. I've nodded out in random places, wrecked my car, and even OD'ed. My mother was there luckily and was able to rescuscitate me after 8 or so minutes. After that, I'll never be using them again, but WHY does this happen, and does it happen to anyone else?

Because the oxy where sustained 12 hour release while the Roxi release immediately. Take one Roxi every six hour

If both medications were immediate release I'd see no difference in why one would make you OD and the other not. It really only makes sense that you take that high of a dose extended release unless you were using way excessive.

do you crush your oxys ? what roa do you use ? roxys are the same as oxys except there immediate release like tacodude said immediate release ones kick ass .80mg oxycontin extended release means your only getting 6mg or a little more every hour hope this helps , opiates are fun if done safely :) i been doing every opiate i can get my hands on for 8 years with no OD's

do you crush your oxys ? what roa do you use ? roxys are the same as oxys except there immediate release like tacodude said immediate release ones kick ass .80mg oxycontin extended release means your only getting 6mg or a little more every hour hope this helps , opiates are fun if done safely :) i been doing every opiate i can get my hands on for 8 years with no OD's
But I use Oxycodone, not Contin. I don't crush my pills, just swallow them.

what dont you understand buddy ?
I'm a girl. :)

If both medications were immediate release I'd see no difference in why one would make you OD and the other not.​

This is what I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is because they dissolve faster because there is no APAP, maybe?

Possibly because there's less filler and as you said dissolved faster.... You may have been tired or a glass of wine set it off. You're on a really high dose.

Okay, what they are trying to say is that oxycodone like Oxycontin is time released, meaning as was said that only so much gets released in your system at a time. When you take Roxicodone, it's NOT time released so it hits you ALL AT ONCE. I think it's incredibly stupid to try taking 80mg of oxycodone time released or not, no wonder you've OD'd so much. Especially since you abuse them. I don't think it matters whether it dissolves fast or not, it's hitting you ALL AT ONCE with Roxies.

I don't drink. And sadly, I do abuse them.

Well if you have been taking for pain , you must have a tolerance to them ,pure oxycodone is oxycodone no matter what brand it is . You've stated that your never taking them again . That's sounds good to hear :)

OP please throw your roxies down the toilet, they contain fentanyl. Do not buy opioids of the streets.

OP please throw your roxies down the toilet, they contain fentanyl. Do not buy opioids of the streets.

sorry where does it state that they were bought off the street ? i just cant seem to find that part.

Well if you have been taking for pain , you must have a tolerance to them ,pure oxycodone is oxycodone no matter what brand it is . You've stated that your never taking them again . That's sounds good to hear :)
Thank you, and yes, they're gone.

Okay, what they are trying to say is that oxycodone like Oxycontin is time released, meaning as was said that only so much gets released in your system at a time. When you take Roxicodone, it's NOT time released so it hits you ALL AT ONCE. I think it's incredibly stupid to try taking 80mg of oxycodone time released or not, no wonder you've OD'd so much. Especially since you abuse them. I don't think it matters whether it dissolves fast or not, it's hitting you ALL AT ONCE with Roxies.
I already stated that I realized that they dissolved more slowly but that does not make them ER. I have only ODed once, which the DRs actually don't think was an OD because when my mom resuscitated me, I woke up and I was coherent and alert. I still think it was the pills though. Also, just because I have a large tolerance to opiates, does not make me stupid. Thanks for that though.