• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do people smoke weed at school/work?

because it's fun! idk i smoke before work because it doesn't take much out of me. however right before/during class l is a different story...

Long term smokers are far better able to function whilst high than novice smokers. Not that I'm condoning it, but that's why things like driving is easier amongst veteran smokers than for someone just starting out. Likewise work/study is easier to do whilst under the influence.

You'll see once you've been smoking daily in and out for a year what I mean. I'm not at the point though because I don't smoke often enough.

Also, more importantly people smoking certain sativas get high and not stoned, making it easier to think clearly and form ideas much more easily. It's just too difficult to string a sentence together when I'm stoned, let alone carry out complex tasks whereas when I'm high it's not such an issue. So the choice of weed makes a difference and with the right strain, working/studying can even be enhanced. Particularly in places such as the UK a lot of people smoking hybrids haven't really even been high before (as is the case with most dealer weed since commercial strains are often chosen for their short flowering times and we all know what that means) and so only really know what a stoned feeling is like. Give them a pure sativa they're comfortable with and then they'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I quit smoking a month ago, before that I was high 24-7. I didn't discriminate between tasks. Pretty much everything i did involved being high. I would wake and bake at 6'am, then go in and teach elementary school.'yeah, this is why I quit, it was becoming a big problem. I'd go in sooo paranoid with red eyes and pot breath...
When I was in high school, we'd smoke on the way, we called it 'yo-bowl.' in college, between classes I'd get stoned. Yeah, time for a break...

Cuz I feel like shit and do not want to wait the entire day to get better.

what a square

lol maybe when it comes to needless risk I am

I actually like having a job and money though and unfortunately it's not one where I can be high at and still keep it. Plus I think there are better drugs to use when I want to be social then something that makes me ._. as fuck. But I routinely combine it with those other drugs in most situations so I really don't follow my own advice all that often. XD

Better than heroin.

I literally get high everyday at school. Before school when Im on the way, and during lunch I go back home and smoke. Like atleast a dime between me and my friend at school

Most of my teachers know, none of them care. There is security and cameras all around the school, but me and my friend just walk out the front door like its normal lol, and we never get stopped =D

I'm not big on smoking weed at work. Not big on being around a bunch of randoms all the time.

With that being said, if I'm having a particularily bad IBD flare-up than I usually will go smoke weed. But its nice, if I tell my manager my insides are hurting, he lets me go smoke a joint and chill in my car for an hour, as long as I stay an hour later. One of my co-workers smokes a joint on every break as well, but again for medical reasons. He has Elhnors Danalos Syndrome (SP?!), and dislocates his shoulders numerous times a day.

Aldo I'm sure I could work while high, I just don't. It's just something I hang onto because I already smoke enough pot as it is now. 30-40g/month is more than enough for me. I've smoked before school sometimes but unless you could get high in the breaks again you'll just get sleepy when it wears off(sucks when you still have 6hours of school to go).

Pot is my reward after a day of work;). Aldo I'm 'lowlifing' right now just working as a dishwasher for 25h/week. Hoping to finally come up with something I wanna do in my life, but that's another discussion.

my day goes quicker, i pay more attention to details, and easy routine shit feels like i didnt even do it.

I smoke weed at work because it makes me feel good and makes doing work less boring and more interesting. Also if I'm just smoking weed it's not going to slow me down or make me not want to do shit. There are people that smoke and get very unmotivated and dont want to do anything. In my opinion they shouldn't be smoking.

There's an argument one could make that weed is going to slow you down hence have a negative impact on your performance. However that is quite contrary, it improves your performance and allows you to think more deeply.

OK

haha.

I got a degree in Engineering Physics and I was stoned for exams and all. I have managed a multi-day 800km cycling journey stoned, and my stoned ass is in way better shape than most people.

I am still one to admit that for the majority there is no valid reason to make it a regular part of life- that is what leads to dependence and side effects. It's a euphoric recreational drug that should be treated with respect.

Last edited:
I don't get why anyone would want weed if they were somewhere they don't want to me. For me, weed makes time pass slower, so smoking it at work = time passes slower.

Simply to get high.. why else? Why does anyoen smoke weed.. lol what hidden motive would people have?

I don't get why anyone would want weed if they were somewhere they don't want to me. For me, weed makes time pass slower, so smoking it at work = time passes slower.

It helps calm down when you're thinking "I don't wanna be here"..and also you're high, so you got nice feelings when you're working.

It can help you to concentrate hard on one thing if it's more of an indica high, or give you an energetic mind buzz if it's a sativa, from my experience.

I find indicas really good for helping me sit down and concentrate on my art, and sativa's are good for getting me off my feet and working hard in a restaurant/shop environment (provided I got enough food to make sure I don't crash haha).

A lot of the reason I smoke weed at school is because it just gives me something to do. My school is pretty boring and a lot of the people are as well. So my friends and I go out and smoke weed to pass time.

Yeah man.. I mean it's not rocket science why people would want to smoke at work or school. LOL for real.

at work: revenge toking, for those times when I am working my ass off way harder than the other employees, but I'm the one who gets bitched at by management. then I proceed working my ass off. or a lazy sunday shift, to help pass those long hours while no customers are coming around.

don't know why I did it at school, I'm sure I had some excuse I came up with. maybe because the other students were all too spacey to notice I was stoned.

for the fucking thrill, I DID IT FOR THE THRILL