• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids WHY do people shoot up multiple times in short periods

hm, without condoning recreational use, i can vouch for Hydromorphone + morphine being the epitome of combos

The morphine makes the hydromorphone last longer, or at least seem to, which is a good therapeutic effect, which includes making the patient feel better, which is entirely legitimate -- why some people try to parse out what is recreational and what is a clinical effect it is all good and useful . . .

The morphine makes the hydromorphone last longer, or at least seem to, which is a good therapeutic effect, which includes making the patient feel better, which is entirely legitimate -- why some people try to parse out what is recreational and what is a clinical effect it is all good and useful . . .
The way people try to completely separate "medical use" and "getting high" is dumb. Like all this CBD nonsense going on when CBD alone is about as useful as dirt in my opinion (dirt is great dont get me wrong, gardening is magical lol)

And I'm a giant pot head but I firmly believe if you actually get hurt then proper narcotics are the way to go. The way people go on about how legal weed is gonna make opiates and alcohol obsolete is nauseatingly out of touch with reality. It's like saying no one is gonna want amphetamines cause we now have access to coffee.

in essence true, you cannot have one or the other, but at the same time can attempt to avoid using opiates to use them

The way people try to completely separate "medical use" and "getting high" is dumb. Like all this CBD nonsense going on when CBD alone is about as useful as dirt in my opinion (dirt is great dont get me wrong, gardening is magical lol)
^ medical use will get one 'high' no matter what, but, its essential to know how and when to seperate the two, if someone has no pain whatsoever or has absolutely no need for an opiate, it would otherwise be considered recreational, agreed?

^ medical use will get one 'high' no matter what, but, its essential to know how and when to seperate the two, if someone has no pain whatsoever or has absolutely no need for an opiate, it would otherwise be considered recreational, agreed?
yeah but that always segways into a normalized argument that recreational usage should be discouraged or punished. You're totally right. My frustration isnt with the distinction but the FIXATION on figuring out just who's wasting their lives "getting high" and nagging the fuck outta them lol.

yeah but that always segways into a normalized argument that recreational usage should be discouraged or punished. You're totally right. My frustration isnt with the distinction but the FIXATION on figuring out just who's wasting their lives "getting high" and nagging the fuck outta them lol.
ehm, nah, why would one look upon recreational use as anything 'bad' the only bad that i can see, especially from an opiate of all things is when someone uses more than they can handle, which has unfortunate consequences, otherwise, i deem opiates safer than even alcohol

if only this nonsensical 'epidemic/crisis' didn't exist, just because someone uses an opiate doesnt give them any high a chance to develop an addiction than someone who enjoys a drink after work

the only problem with oxy is it has such a short life compared to morphine :/

Yes, it most assuredly is all fun & games and hearts & unicorns and all sorts of the same kind of thing until the last Dilaudid tablet in the bottle or drop of Dilaudid HP or Vilan injectable in the ampoule or phial goes down . .. . that's a baaad feeling to be sure . . .

Last edited:
Ah in the united states we have a long and shameful history of treating (specifically designated) drug users like they're less than normal people. Especially growing up around the bible belt where alcohol is a ok but "drugs" are horrible evil things that kill children and lead to interracial dating ;)

Attachments

• 51MN2atjtJL.jpg
    51MN2atjtJL.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
Yes, it most assuredly is all fun & games and hearts & unicorns and all sorts of the same kind of thing until the last Dilaudid tablet in te bottle or drop of Dilaudid HP or Vilan injectable in the ampoule or phial goes down . .. . that's a baaad feeling to be sure . . .
worse than bad feeling, more like apocalyptic feeling

A number of years ago I was injecting 640mg/day of oxycodone when I was able to get them relatively inexpensively (the habit was still very expensive overall however, being comprised of 8 pills of 80mg brand name oxycontin -- those beautiful blueish-green "oc80's"). Chasing the rush was very compulsive. Eventually however i believe i confined myself to 3 or so shots a day. I did not use a micron either (fortunately I didn't have a problem, though there is probably an ounce of talc in my lungs).

O-desmethyltramadol is quite compulsive when IV'd, I remember being surprised. What you'll notice about the opioids that are particularly compulsive when IV'd is that they tend to have monoaminergic properties (o-desmethyltramadol certainly fits this, being a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, which gives it a surprisingly powerful rush when injected). Meperidine/Pethidine fit this as well. Given oxycodone's stimulating properties, it comes as no surprise that it is more compulsively injected than other opioids.

And I'm a giant pot head but I firmly believe if you actually get hurt then proper narcotics are the way to go. The way people go on about how legal weed is gonna make opiates and alcohol obsolete is nauseatingly out of touch with reality. It's like saying no one is gonna want amphetamines cause we now have access to coffee.
Now we have methylone,4methyl aminorex, mdpv,a pvp and hexen theres no need for amphetamines. amphetamines are still around but there yesterday's news.there garbage by comparison.

Now we have methylone,4methyl aminorex, mdpv,a pvp and hexen theres no need for amphetamines. amphetamines are still around but there yesterday's news.there garbage by comparison.

FYI you just listed a bunch of schedule I drugs that are all not particularly available anymore (including hexen now). If i were offered methamphetamine or hexen I'd probably choose methamphetamine. That said id probably take a-pvp over methamphetamine.

The bigger point is that i doubt there are many drug users who are using these compounds over meth simply because they are available.

Yeah there are heaps of ppl using cathinone.id say where I am there's a 50/50 chance I'd get cathinones if I went to buy ice these days.without otc ephedrine and the fact cathinones are cheaper and more easily sourced they've pretty much replaced meth around here.

Ok see this furthers my vague notion that Oxycodone has some unique, deliciously intoxicating energy to it. It reminded me almost of MDMA in the energized, carefree, high as a fucking kite, kid-on-Christmas exuberance that oxy consistently produces, especially if given breaks to negate tolerance. I have not experienced this with things like say hydrocodone or oral morphine.

See I got that effect a lot more from good pure heroin than oxycodone.. If the dosage is kept right. I loved Oxycodone don’t get me wrong but the carefree nothing can be wrong, socialable, fall in love with anyone type effect was stronger with heroin.

-GC

See I got that effect a lot more from good pure heroin than oxycodone.. If the dosage is kept right. I loved Oxycodone don’t get me wrong but the carefree nothing can be wrong, socialable, fall in love with anyone type effect was stronger with heroin.

-GC
I have never tried heroin, so I don't doubt you.

When it's high quality, legit, diacetylmorphine I imagine its quite pleasurable, it's a drug that's had quite a following for many years.

I'd say it was a combination of shit drugs and a needle fetish. Good drugs leave one feeling satisfied, whereas shit drugs give you a taste of what could be, resulting in fiendish redosing chasing that high that will never be. Add a needle fixation to that and your arms will be permanently bloody, bruised and sore and your head unfulfilled.

Exactly right on all points once again. You actually named off my go to shot when available. :LOL:

For years when I had access to both; that was my go to combination. I found it to be a very useful combination. With morphine adding in the "legs" as they say to the otherwise duration lacking hydromorphone. Definitely a personal favorite whether for pain or recreation. Though I don't really differentiate between the two personally.

Rather than summing up my views I'll just say I agree with you 100% on the topic. As you've already summarized my views on the topic quite well. No point repeating it. ;)

Negrogesic said:
Posted Twice

@negrogesic Rather than cluttering the thread quoting your posts I'll just respond to them.

As for the first one; it's always interesting to see your posts regarding opioid usage. As you are one of the few members who has posted that I know has had a somewhat similar tolerance level at some point in their lifetime. I am always intellectually curious as to others experiences with similar doses / tolerance levels.

As for your second post; I agree. Though now I can express that with a like. As I was right; it does take bluelighter status to react to a post. I guess it was worth posting music daily & such to get my post count where it needed to be.

I didn't bother to read the FAQ, etc. as this is just a new account since I lost access to my old one. Reactions didn't exist back then. Hell bluelight was still .ru. =D Though I digress; as usual. My apologies.

I'm just happy I can save some time posting. Now that I can react to posts. (y)