• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids WHY do people shoot up multiple times in short periods

Zonxx

Bluelighter
I mean maybe because i'm not big on this route or that i dont use opiates recreationally since pain is the main reason for bothering with them. But tonight i've shot up, because i needed to make my meds last longer, so i had a reason to allow myself to use a needle which i don't encourage anyone to do, be smart and stay away from them, i wouldn't ever touch one if i didnt have the pain that i do but i realize tonight that i don't know why or atleast understand why some will shoot up a bunch of times in a few hours, I'm still content with the relief about two hours from doing so, enlighten me, is it simply to chase that rush because beyond that i don't see a reason.

Uh I'm assuming it's because the ritual of prepping a shot is soothing. Same reason I like to just keep smoking weed even though I'm already high. Or someone who has 5 cups of coffee where 2 would have sufficed.

Uh I'm assuming it's because the ritual of prepping a shot is soothing. Same reason I like to just keep smoking weed even though I'm already high. Or someone who has 5 cups of coffee where 2 would have sufficed.
hm. interesting. since I only really use pills, the process of preparing is a pain in the ass and i want to ensure that i always have something that is more than safe to go ahead with

Depends on the drug I find.
I’ve never wanted to re dose downers, H is something I’ve only dabbled sparingly tho so that could be why.

Get a shit batch of meth tho and I’ll try go again again out of desperation chasing the rush that I know won’t ever come.

My last REALLY bad round was when I joined here. About 6 weeks ago now I think.
I had an 8 ball.
Started with 1.5 shot.
Worthless
Went for a 2
Useless
And from there it just got worse and worse and my veins constricted and refused more but I was determined to hit another 3 ‘just in case’ it works this time

I've never understood why people take opiates every couple of hours when at least every 4 works best.

Honestly as a long time opioid user; I don't know! I myself always wondered this! I would spread my IV usage out as long as possible. I found that in my experience; besides using certain opioids with a very strong rush (Hydromorphone or Oxymorphone; for example) that there was little to no rush after the first shot of the day.

I never understood why people would IV most opioids without at least a few hours in between. Even if chasing a rush or just trying to keep a nod up. I can understand with the current fentanyl analogues but I haven't IV'd those. I IV'd daily for 5+ years but that was years ago. Once the fentanyl analogues hit the scene I had switched to only IV on special occasions.

Though I'm sort of an odd case. At least among the people I knew. As I always used micron filters with pills; even with H (when it was still H) most of the time. I was very careful & did little to no vein damage that I'm aware of. I had 100 times more vein damage from a month in the hospital with multiple IV lines in each arm after they gave me sepsis installing a dirty port! :!

I digress. :\ The hospital damage has healed up & I only IV on special occasions now. Regardless; I still don't quite understand it. No matter what point in my life I never felt the need to repeatedly IV opioids. I'd just make sure I did enough. :D

Now that's not to say there weren't times I re-dosed repeatedly with other substances, speedballs or when it was free. The first time I tried IV cocaine I went pretty balls to the walls on re-dosing in short periods; for example. ;)

When my friend at the time got his Oxymorphone IR for the month for example; I would re-dose as often as I was offered to do so. I wasn't going to turn down free shots. :p

Though that's a bad example as Oxymorphone has a great rush & can be re-dosed more often than other opioids in that regard. So say Oxycodone as an example. I normally would never bother IV for that opioid. The B/A difference is negligible & for me personally I've never got a rush off it. Even getting rid of sick didn't pack much of a rush. Which is when normally I find the rush to be the most intense. So yeah Oxycodone is a good example of something I never understood people shooting. Let alone shooting it repeatedly. Yet I knew people who would do it repeatedly.

Could be the ritual? I know I never was hooked on ritual but then again I'm sort of an exception as I was able to easily switch from IV to nasal usage when I felt like doing so. I can IV on occasion (birthday, holidays, etc.) with no urge to do so on a regular basis. Well an occasional urge if my health is really bugging me. ;)

Though I consider medical usage to be an exception to the rule. I don't worry about that. :)

If my health is bothering me; I don't worry about it. As with the costs involved with using for example IR Morphine tablets; if I'm in pain bad enough to break into my IV supply I would just do so. With the B/A difference on oral vs IV on morphine it'd be assinine for me not to do so. In my own opinion; that is.

I'm not advocating IV usage by any means BTW! Do not take this as an endorsement!

Just because I use microns & see it as just another ROA. No different from any other (Oral, Nasal, Rectal, Etc.) does not mean I advocate it. I've seen the damage it can do. I know I've had a few less than perfect moments myself. We all do.

However; I'm autistic (Aspergers's) & tend to differ quite drastically from the norm in this regard. As most people can't switch on & off from IV usage.

Regardless; this post is getting ridiculously long as I tend to be overly verbose. :rolleyes:

So after all that; I'm leaving the post with the same question as the OP. :unsure:

Oxy has such good oral B/A I dont know why anyone even sniffs, let alone shooting. Chewing em up with a coffee or tea is fucking fantastic. God I miss oxy sometimes lol.

As someone that used to shoot dope like 10 times a day I’ve often asked myself this as well... Looking back on it, it was a complete waste. The answer, chasing that beautiful rush.

Usually it’d be bad right after grabbing a new bag, that first rush of pure H after being without for a moment is bliss beyond any comprehension. It’s different from the fiend of stimulants where you know rationally you need to stop but this compulsion keeps driving you, it’s just unexplainable.

Suboxone is the only opiate I can use on a scheduled basis without going nutty on it.

-GC

If it is a stimulant or a narcotic that lasts 4 hours or less and the come-up is really impressive, an injecting user could be back in the spoon in a couple of hours hankering for the bang and rush and everything else associated with the come-up -- it is a big problem with injectable oxycodone and William S Burroughs writes about shooting every two hours and it hitting the pleasure centres in the CNS directly and other things I have mentioned before like how oxycodone has C-Jam-like properties, including the above . . .

Depends on the drug I find.
I’ve never wanted to re dose downers, H is something I’ve only dabbled sparingly tho so that could be why.

Get a shit batch of meth tho and I’ll try go again again out of desperation chasing the rush that I know won’t ever come.

My last REALLY bad round was when I joined here. About 6 weeks ago now I think.
I had an 8 ball.
Started with 1.5 shot.
Worthless
Went for a 2
Useless
And from there it just got worse and worse and my veins constricted and refused more but I was determined to hit another 3 ‘just in case’ it works this time
How bad does shit have to be to need 6.5 points in a few hours.

If it is a stimulant or a narcotic that lasts 4 hours or less and the come-up is really impressive, an injecting user could be back in the spoon in a couple of hours hankering for the bang and rush and everything else associated with the come-up -- it is a big problem with injectable oxycodone and William S Burroughs writes about shooting every two hours and it hitting the pleasure centres in the CNS directly and other things I have mentioned before like how oxycodone has C-Jam-like properties, including the above . . .

Very interesting post as always. I do recall Burroughs's writing on the subject now that you mention it. ;)

Anecdotally; there are some individual differences at play as well. As from my personal experience some people get very little in the way of a rush with oxycodone. Where as others find it to have a good rush. Personally I found the it to have 0 rush even when sick as hell.

Very strange. I'm pretty sure it's the only opioid that I don't get a rush from actually if I think on it. Well at least out of what I've had the pleasure of consuming; that is. :D

As an anecdotal example I tried really fucking hard to get one off oxycodone. At one point when my tolerance was relatively high I had friends hit me with 6 shots of oxycodone. The first 4 where basically at once. Then next 2 followed 30 seconds to a minute later.

We didn't have luer lock with a large enough barrel available at the time. I'd used the last one on micron filtering the oxycodone for the shot in the first place. I didn't have a tip for the barrel either. That & actually IIRC I used two 3ml barrels filtering. As such the need for the six 1ml needles. Due to oxycodone's limited solubility in water; that is. On PubChem I'm coming up with 166mg/ML.

As such I want to point out that doing something like I did above is really fucking stupid & don't take it as an endorsement of doing stupid shit like that. I had the tolerance at the time but regardless. Thanks. :)

Continuing the story; I was relatively sick at the time. As I usually only get a rush from opioids when sick. I had them hit me in both arms at the same time. Something I obviously couldn't do myself. With my tolerance it necessitated such a large dose. Again a reminder this is like a gram of oxycodone equivalent to a similar amount of morphine for reference. In other words don't do this yourself.

I still did not get a "rush" in my opinion. Where as I do get a good to great rush from morphine. A great rush from say hydromorphone, oxymorphone or diacetylmorphine. To name a few examples.

Though based on my group of "friends" at the time; I was the exception. Most got a rush from oxycodone. A few found it meh. I was the only one I knew that found it to have no rush whatsoever.

So I wonder if there isn't some individual body chemistry or other factor at play as well. :unsure:

Ok see this furthers my vague notion that Oxycodone has some unique, deliciously intoxicating energy to it. It reminded me almost of MDMA in the energized, carefree, high as a fucking kite, kid-on-Christmas exuberance that oxy consistently produces, especially if given breaks to negate tolerance. I have not experienced this with things like say hydrocodone or oral morphine.

Ok see this furthers my vague notion that Oxycodone has some unique, deliciously intoxicating energy to it. It reminded me almost of MDMA in the energized, carefree, high as a fucking kite, kid-on-Christmas exuberance that oxy consistently produces, especially if given breaks to negate tolerance. I have not experienced this with things like say hydrocodone or oral morphine.

Again very interesting & helps to illustrate the individual differences from person to person. As I personally have done most legally available opiates in my country. As well as quite a few not so legal ones & I find oxycodone to be one of my least favorite.

In terms of side effects to good effects; anyways. Though I do have health problems & such. That could influence my response as well as other various factors.

I would agree that oxycodone does seem to have a more energized high to it compared to other opioids.
Just like with music or anything else though; to each there own; I say. :D

Very interesting post as always. I do recall Burroughs's writing on the subject now that you mention it. ;)

Anecdotally; there are some individual differences at play as well. As from my personal experience some people get very little in the way of a rush with oxycodone. Where as others find it to have a good rush. Personally I found the it to have 0 rush even when sick as hell.

Very strange. I'm pretty sure it's the only opioid that I don't get a rush from actually if I think on it. Well at least out of what I've had the pleasure of consuming; that is. :D

As an anecdotal example I tried really fucking hard to get one off oxycodone. At one point when my tolerance was relatively high I had friends hit me with 6 shots of oxycodone. The first 4 where basically at once. Then next 2 followed 30 seconds to a minute later.

We didn't have luer lock with a large enough barrel available at the time. I'd used the last one on micron filtering the oxycodone for the shot in the first place. I didn't have a tip for the barrel either. That & actually IIRC I used two 3ml barrels filtering. As such the need for the six 1ml needles. Due to oxycodone's limited solubility in water; that is. On PubChem I'm coming up with 166mg/ML.

As such I want to point out that doing something like I did above is really fucking stupid & don't take it as an endorsement of doing stupid shit like that. I had the tolerance at the time but regardless. Thanks. :)

Continuing the story; I was relatively sick at the time. As I usually only get a rush from opioids when sick. I had them hit me in both arms at the same time. Something I obviously couldn't do myself. With my tolerance it necessitated such a large dose. Again a reminder this is like a gram of oxycodone equivalent to a similar amount of morphine for reference. In other words don't do this yourself.

I still did not get a "rush" in my opinion. Where as I do get a good to great rush from morphine. A great rush from say hydromorphone, oxymorphone or diacetylmorphine. To name a few examples.

Though based on my group of "friends" at the time; I was the exception. Most got a rush from oxycodone. A few found it meh. I was the only one I knew that found it to have no rush whatsoever.

So I wonder if there isn't some individual body chemistry or other factor at play as well. :unsure:

It was a 1. March 1954 letter from William S Burroughs to Allen Ginsberg where Burroughs writes about having a Eukodol (oxycodone HCl) habit and preparing to go on a methadone cure for it, then . . . then 16. June 1954: "Allen, I've never had a habit like this before: shooting every two hours . . . maybe it is the Eukodol,which is semi-synthetic. Trust the Germans to concoct some truly evil shit. It acts direct on nerve centres. This stuff is more like coke than morphine. A shot of Eukodol hits the head first with a rush of pleasure. Ten minutes later you want another shot. Between shots you are just killing time. I can't control the stuff any more than Ii can control coke. Morphine controls itself, like eating. When you are loaded on M, , you don't want another shit any more than you want to eat on a full stomach . . . "

Mr Burroughs also theorised about semi-synthetics in 1952, saying that dihydrocodeine i s twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin . . . both were the current and well-documented clinical theory especially in Europe starting before 1920, with the oxygen bridge on the molecule being a possible cause, with Mr Burroughs theorising that "dihydro-oxy-heroin" would be six times stronger than heroin as a euphoriant -- the closest molecule to this which has been researched appears to be the various oxymorphone esters from thebacon (acetylated hydrocodone) to 3,6-diacetyloxymorphone, and also 3,6,14-triacetyloxymorphone, 3,14-diacetyloxycmorphone and some others and there . . . dihydroheroin of course is Paralaudin (diacetyldihydromorphine) which is very good for pain control and lasts longer than smack . . .

Last edited:
Again very interesting & helps to illustrate the individual differences from person to person. As I personally have done most legally available opiates in my country. As well as quite a few not so legal ones & I find oxycodone to be one of my least favorite.

In terms of side effects to good effects; anyways. Though I do have health problems & such. That could influence my response as well as other various factors.

I would agree that oxycodone does seem to have a more energized high to it compared to other opioids.
Just like with music or anything else though; to each there own; I say. :D
hm, without condoning recreational use, i can vouch for Hydromorphone + morphine being the epitome of combos

It was a 1. March 1954 letter from William S Burroughs to Allen Ginsberg where Burroughs writes about having a Eukodol (oxycodone HCl) habit and preparing to go on a methadone cure for it, then . . . then 16. June 1954: "Allen, I've never had a habit like this before: shooting every two hours . . . maybe it is the Eukodol,which is semi-synthetic. Trust the Germans to concoct some truly evil shit. It acts direct on nerve centres. This stuff is more like coke than morphine. A shot of Eukodol hits the head first with a rush of pleasure. Ten minutes later you want another shot. Between shots you are just killing time. I can't control the stuff any more than Ii can control coke. Morphine controls itself, like eating. When you are loaded on M, , you don't want another shit any more than you want to eat on a full stomach . . . "

Yeah this is dead on for the general vibe I've experienced ingesting oxycodone playing around with it as a teen/young adult.

Yeah this is dead on for the general vibe I've experienced ingesting oxycodone playing around with it as a teen/young adult.
the only problem with oxy is it has such a short life compared to morphine :/