• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why do people say kratom "does not materialize?"

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I've seen this several times from posters. What is it supposed to materialize into?

The powder is a pretty strong high and even holds me 70-80% from withdrawals of stronger non-kratom things. It's not as pleasurable and has a shorter half life but I was just wondering what people mean when they state that. It seems like kratom has stronger anti-depressant properties in some ways than other opiates too. (I've never withdrawn from kratom over the past 1.5 years so I don't know what to expect).

I feel like all-in-all we really don't know too much about kratom, which is why I hope the government does not continue to restrict it's use in certain areas so we can figure out more about how it can help/hurt users.

Maybe they mean that it lacks that pure, clear euphoria.
It feels like it is heading that way but just does not ever “materialize “.

That would be my best guess after trying it out.

Ugh! Taking too much of that stuff feels like crap too!
I need to measure it more carefully.

It is definitely an unrewarding experience to take a lot. But that helps cap abuse for most folks :) The dizziness and nausea is unpleasant enough to force you to control your own use unlike real opies

worst thing about taking to much for me is the pin-point pupils... they look nonexistant, and it impairs my vision to the point of it almost being blindness - comeplete inability to focus on anything and everything looks blurred. the straining of the eyes also leads to a bad headache. i usually take 10g doses, but if i take a 2nd dose within the hour, or two, this problem with the vision happens. itd weird having tiny pupils but not feeling high...

i'd really like off the stuff but just do not have the will power to get below 40g a day. start feeling like crap and i dose. lyrica/gabapentin doesnt seem to help withdrawal much. they do to an extent, but not as well as the help with full agonist opiate withdrawal. i feel like the kratom has somehow raised my tolerance to pregabalin/gaba as well. i need to take so much more then i used to... i mean like several grams of pregab for relief. shit sucks.

For me it's just underwhelming. I've tried heroin, and that was underwhelming too (compared to stories I've heard), so maybe it's just not for me.

I'll probably have some right now because I'm bored and haven't had any for a couple days. If I were off probation though I'd easily take one hit of fire weed over 10 grams of kratom.

Marijuana really compliments the kratom high very well and makes it a lot better.

Compared to "real" opiates (kratom is an opioid, but you know what I mean), the high is subtle and not as fulfilling, and you can't push the dose too far to make it better because it turns shitty (dizziness and and nausea) if you dose higher.

It does, and weed also increases the opiate effects, or at least it seems like it does due to making the body high much stronger. They are synergistic.

Kratom and adderall definitely has synergy. I'd imagine other sims too.

The kratom alleviates the nasty comedown. I've actually felt good during stimulant crashes because the kratom was strong enough. I agree about the high tending to be lack luster. Occasional batches I have noted that they've been just as strong as oxy if not more but that is an anomaly (like 1/20 batches).

All in all, I think that kratom is really good. Yes it has painful withdrawals and depression as a symptom for cessation, but it's better to be addicted to than pills/heroin. *It's not a get out of jail for free card but it does get you out of jail ;)

Last edited: