PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do my eyes construction on acid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tawmsoyer

Greenlighter
My friends and I have done what we think is acid a handful of times, and each time our pupils constrict. Lately, I've realized that all of the people I've seen trip thus far has had needle pupils.

I'm not sure what else could it be. The blotter is tasteless, lasts 8-12 hours, and I've taken up to 3 without dying. My friend has taken 5. Anyone know what we have?

That's strange.. LSD and most common psychedelics are far more likely to dilate pupils. Have all of your experiences been with the same batch or from the same source?

this is all wrong.

one reliable feature of serotonergic 5ht2a psychedelics is massive pupil dilation

only in bright direct sunlight do my pupils constrict on these.

try looking at them indoors

What are the actual psychoactive effects you and your co-trippers report?

Must be pointed out that ID threads are not allowed, so we cannot exactly tell you what you have. Some compelling information might be mentioned based on your case, but it would still require reagent or lab tests to actually identify what it is that you're taking.

My pupils occasionally constrict a little coincidentally on psychedelics, but far more often than that they dilate... they especially don't constrict consistently.

Not that many drugs that could be considered recreational constrict pupils, and of those even fewer would have doses that fit on blotter. Nicotine and fentanyls are the main contenders, they are not psychedelic.

I found my pupils seemed to be constricted on acid, and it was tested stuff, but we were always outdoors in the sun I suppose

Like pofacedhoe says/suggests, ambient light can constrict your pupils... but sympathomimetic effects of psychedelics will dilate your pupils just like empathogens will do that. How constricted or dilated your pupils are depends on a number of factors: mainly ambient lighting, the drug you took, and other things going on in your body. I guess the TS saw a causal link where there isn't one.
@TT: If you would sit in a place with constant lighting and take acid, you should have dilated pupils if there is a change at all. If not, like I said, it's not acid.

As unlikely as it is, a fentanyl analogue is what came to mind as well. Can't rule it out- ecstasydata has found tabs this year with traces of cocaine & ketamine. Why anyone would do this is beyond me but, yeah, reagent test is the way to go.

Must be pointed out that ID threads are not allowed, so we cannot exactly tell you what you have. Some compelling information might be mentioned based on your case, but it would still require reagent or lab tests to actually identify what it is that you're taking.

Solipsis is right in this matter. While your pupils constricting on espoused acid is quite strange, this thread still constitutes substance identification, so unfortunately I'll have to close it. Please have a second look at our rules here in PD, and feel free to PM me or one of the other mods if you have any qualms or questions about our rules or this closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.