Mental Health Why do I need 12 hours of sleep a night?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
If I don’t get 12 hours, I feel worn out all day, I try and tell people and their reaction usually is to say something like “I get 9 hours a night and I work,(because they work, they are in fact, manly manly men, and because I’m on ssi, I am apparently a lady) you don’t need 12 hours, your just lazy”
I may be in fact lazy, but, I really do not feel right without 10-12 hours of sleep, especially if I’m working out 3 times a week, which the majority of the time I do, body building is a hobby for me.
Any theories?

I have both fibromyalgia and depression, I think it might be from those, but I just wanted options from people here, I have found most of bluelight members to be both intelligent and knowledgeable

Reactions: Ds
Depression and pain both can really fuck up your sleep and with bad sleep there's no rest. I had recurrent nightmares, always happening at like 5-6am, after which I'd feel sometimes even more tired than in the evening before. Literally needing a break from the sleep. These were chemically induced, by the combination of venlafaxine + morphine, but any S/NRI is able mess with sleep and dreams (but usually not all do this for a certain individual, so switching is well possible), this might be worth checking out.

Then there's the difference between bad sleep quality and excessive daytime sleepiness/narcolepsy, in the former one should work on sleep, in the latter one might need medication, either during night (sodium oxybate aka GHB) or during day (like @ibtisam midlet said, the -dafinils or psychostimulants. Bromantane sounds good on paper too but didn't read so many glowing reports of it.). I know, working on sleep sounds boring and it is, for me things like rigid routine before going to bed, do it every day on the same hour etc.. aren't so relevant but factors contributing to or distracting from sleep, like said medicine, noise, light, and of course pain.

What medicine do you use? When did your sleeping pattern change, subtle over time or do you know some origin?

I don’t remembered an origin, I take doxipin Zoloft gabapentin and remeron, but I’m weaning off all but the gabapentin because they’re not worth the benefits

I don’t remembered an origin, I take doxipin Zoloft gabapentin and remeron, but I’m weaning off all but the gabapentin because they’re not worth the benefits
That 100% explains it then!!! ALL of those medications can cause drowsiness, especially doxepin, remeron and gabapentin. Doxepin and remeron are both actually sometimes used to treat insomnia.
Who prescribed you these medications?? Was it one doctor, or multiple different doctors?
Weaning off 3 different antidepressants at once can be extremely dangerous, have you spoken to your doctor about doing this??

That 100% explains it then!!! ALL of those medications can cause drowsiness, especially doxepin, remeron and gabapentin. Doxepin and remeron are both actually sometimes used to treat insomnia.
Who prescribed you these medications?? Was it one doctor, or multiple different doctors?
Weaning off 3 different antidepressants at once can be extremely dangerous, have you spoken to your doctor about doing this??
Ya, they approved me weaning off Zoloft, but I was actually already weaning off the doxipin when I asked. I was like this before those meds. I’m weaning off so I can take psychedelics, which actually help my depression, not just get me hopelessly addicted, I mean fuck, this is as bad or worse as coming off of Valium. I’m stopping by a mg - 3 mg a week

I dissolved the doxipin powder in watEr ina oral syringe to measure out the small doses, I still have 13 mgs of doxipin to go, 19 mgs of Zoloft, and 7.5 mg of remeron

Mainly at that speed I’m getting insomnia, anxiety, and a feeling like something not right, plus my narcotic drugs don’t feel as good, which isn’t possibly the worst part lol

I’ll only be taking 12 mg of doxipin tonight I’m o ly weaning off them one at a time btw, the doxipin and remeron first I think because use of clonidine is contraindicated with them, and it’s more dangerous to mix dxm with doxipin I would thunk than the other two, btw, dxm helps my depression more than the SSRIs to, AND it gets me high, two birds with one stone, compared to these worthless highly addictive garbage pills, I’d much rather daily dxm and monthly mescaline/ lsa and pot, I just feel better when I take those, most of the time I just feel numb sober, I have difficulty enjoying myself, or enjoying music, I tried being sober for close too two years, I just relapsed a couple of months ago, I’m happier this way, fuck that, now when some dumb doctor try’s to tell me to go to rehab, I can tell them no Nono, then have that as a justification

Last edited:
I mean fuck, this is as bad or worse as coming off of Valium.
Oh 100%!! Coming off some antidepressants can be worse than coming off opiates! Especially if you're coming off multiple medications at once.
Do you plan to trial a different antidepressant once you're clean off these ones? There are a few out there that don't make you drowsy at all.

plus my narcotic drugs don’t feel as good,
So you're taking opiates for your fibromyalgia as well?
Mate......I'm surprised you could get out of bed at all with that combination of drugs! It is absolutely no wonder you needed at least 12 hours sleep a day.

Oh 100%!! Coming off some antidepressants can be worse than coming off opiates! Especially if you're coming off multiple medications at once.
Do you plan to trial a different antidepressant once you're clean off these ones? There are a few out there that don't make you drowsy at all.
Dxm and mescaline, already know they work, ima try lsa too