• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do I have such a high drug and alcohol tolerance?

I'm exactly the same way -- naturally sky high tolerance to every drug I've ever tried.
NO benzo tolerance, but say 20-30mg diazepam is 100% imperceptible except as far as the anxiolytic effects go, and when I'd done that diazepam and mentioned to my boyfriend about an hour after taking it about how I was calming down and feeling less stressed about whatever crisis we facing at the moment, he was like "hah DUH you just took a bunch of valium." and I'm like "oh ...but I don't actually "feel" ANYTHING. huh." maybe because my anxiety levels are truly ridiculous.
I have an unbelievable tolerance to uppers. never felt a single damned thing from crack (yes I was smoking it correctly). and close to a gram of decent quality coke done over the course of a few hours has me feeling no more than like I've drank an energy drink and I was easily able to sleep soundly a couple hours later. I was shocked by the behaviour changes in those using it w/ me.
I've NEVER experienced ANYTHING from MDMA despite not being on any psych meds recently when I've done it, doing quite a huge bit of it really, and watching the people doing it w/ me roll balls and flip their shit.
I've hardly tripped off the hallucinogens I've tried, no actual hallucinations or mind blowing experiences, again while everyone else in the house was tripping balls to the point of being completely irritating to me.
amphetamines -- there only certain ones I get anything at all out of and I have to do a LOT compared to others and I handle my shit after being up for over a week better than many do after being up for a day or two. I have severe ADD though so.
opioids -- any codeine derived drug (hydro, oxy, codeine itself, whatever) has little effect on me, always has even when I was opiate naive; for example my first experience w/ opiates w/ 30mg oxy (old school, IR) and it was only a slight buzz. but other opiates ...man I gotta admit I'm their bitch. love 'em.

some people are just like this, like us. I don't know why.