• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Why do I get nothing from Kratom?

methoxetaman

Bluelighter
I have taken kratom a number of times; 10 years ago, 5 years ago, last year, and a few times this past week or two.

The Kratom I have now is from a reputable source with good reviews, so I know it's quality.

I get nothing. Not even a sublte head change. Nothing. I know it's not supposed to be crazy strong, but I may as well grind up a bunch of dried spinach and take that.

I even took ten grams of this "Premium Bali" on a stomach that hadn't eaten since the night before. Nothing.

I have heard some people can lack an enzyme that breaks it down.

I now take Omeprazole, which I hear can actually potentiate it, metoprolol, glycopyrrolate, minocycline, and Zyrtec. I haven't heard of these negating kratom's effects, and it didn't work even before I was taking these.

Wtf?

You dont have any opiate tolerance at all? This is indeed a strange predicament. I remember reading some user saying something about how he needs way higher than average amounts to feel it and had that relationship with kratom from the get-go. Either way, you're not really missing out. All opiates are a dead end even a weak one like kratom. It can improve the quality of life instead of consuming it but the general opiate life forcing you to take something to avoid feeling like complete crap is BS.

Totally out of the blue question... but you're not taking a naltraxone shot for something else right? And what is your experience with other opiates if you have any at all?

Wtfffffff when I try to edit a reply it deletes it. Grrrrrr

No tolerance, and no opioid blockers. Other opioids worked in past, codeine, diacetylmorphine, hydrocodone, oxymorphone all affected me.

Kratom is often bunk, or very weak, even from good sources. Maybe try another strain or whatever.

Back in like 2008 I had zero opiate tolerance and would get sky high from the Bali that was out then. I don't think the Bali today is similar at all (but I don't get high off kratom, I use it to not be sick.)

I have taken kratom a number of times; 10 years ago, 5 years ago, last year, and a few times this past week or two.

The Kratom I have now is from a reputable source with good reviews, so I know it's quality.

I get nothing. Not even a sublte head change. Nothing. I know it's not supposed to be crazy strong, but I may as well grind up a bunch of dried spinach and take that.

I even took ten grams of this "Premium Bali" on a stomach that hadn't eaten since the night before. Nothing.

I have heard some people can lack an enzyme that breaks it down.

I now take Omeprazole, which I hear can actually potentiate it, metoprolol, glycopyrrolate, minocycline, and Zyrtec. I haven't heard of these negating kratom's effects, and it didn't work even before I was taking these.

Wtf?
If I were you, I'd try a different strain. If that doesn't work then maybe you lack the enzyme to break it down. When you took it ten years ago, five years ago, and last year was it the same?

Kratom (sometimes) has a sweet spot. If you dont take the right amount, you might not feel anything. For instance, when I first started, I was using low gram doses and it would HARDLY do anything. When i took A LOT, it wouldnt do anything as well. I finally found the sweet spot in between those two doses and I now finally get the effects.

I would try a different vendor, and strain. I have had batches from a vendor be good, and different batches from the same vendor do nothing. Also had multiple strains from a vendor that all did nothing. Also, I believe it is better to take it with a meal (fatty food), since some of the alkaloids (mitragynine) are fat soluble. Grapefruit juice can also potentiate it, as it does other opioids/opiates and other drugs.

I tried 11 grams yesterday with lots of gpj and magnesium and I did actually feel it. It was still very subtle, but still better than the tens of times I've taken it without feeling anything at all, even at crazy doses like 20 grams. So, you might try that

Well I have an oz left since they accidentally sent me two. I'll get some grapefruit juice and try that, but I think it's getting banned here in Ohio in a few days, so will be last oz I have haha.

I notice this to when I take kratom for long times when I run out of my PMs. What works for me is changing up brands different brands contain different amounts of
Kratom alkaloids it could be your body is just getting used to this brand/Strain I'm sure you already know this info but here's
A little bit more information on Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) and the drug profile. The brands I use list the active amounts of
The Alkaloids. I think it could be your body's just used to that brand and maybe you need to switch it up I develop tolerance fast
To kratom so I have to switch it up about 2-3 times when I use it when I run out of my PM meds. But here's a little info
If needed. I Hope This Helps.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/drug-profiles/kratom

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS,

&#55357;&#56425;‍⚕️&#55357;&#56425;‍⚕️ &#55357;&#56445;&#55358;&#56801;&#55357;&#56474;&#55357;&#56474;&#55358;&#56617;&#55357;&#56476;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56470;&#55357;&#56471;&#55358;&#56617;&#55357;&#56469;&#55358;&#56617;DR.CATZ <3 &#55357;&#56475;&#55357;&#56473;&#55358;&#56801;&#55358;&#56801;&#55357;&#56476;&#55357;&#56474;&#55357;&#56474;&#55357;&#56476;&#55357;&#56470;&#55357;&#56476;&#55357;&#56471;&#55358;&#56801;&#55357;&#56474;&#55357;&#56474;

Well I have used this particular brand & strain 3 times and it didn't work any of those 3 times, so tolerance is not.the issue. But thanks for.the response.

I got really high off leaf kratom years ago in like 2010 when I had only taken hydrocortisone a few times and allow dosing with the leaf Kratom was tricky that would either dos too little or do too much the few times I hit the Sweet Spot the high was almost indistinguishable from Hydrocodone. That was many years ago, now that I have an opioid tolerance that is moderate when I am out of pills and coming down I will buy the Kratom capsules from the head shop. They will get me a slight mood lift but the high is nothing even comparable to the real thing

I got really high off leaf kratom years ago in like 2010 when I had only taken hydrocortisone a few times and allow dosing with the leaf Kratom was tricky that would either dos too little or do too much the few times I hit the Sweet Spot the high was almost indistinguishable from Hydrocodone. That was many years ago, now that I have an opioid tolerance that is moderate when I am out of pills and coming down I will buy the Kratom capsules from the head shop. They will get me a slight mood lift but the high is nothing even comparable to the real thing

Did you spell hydrocortisone on accident or on purpose? Needs clarification or editing.

Lol honestly when I first saw the word hydrocortisone I was thinking, "is he/she about to tell me to eat some hydrocortisone cream with it?"

How much would someone recommend to try to find a "sweet spot?" I have tried 2.5g, 5g, and 10g.

Forgot to grab the grapefruit juice, so probably will grab some and try tomorrow.

Maybe I'll try ummm idk. 7 grams??? 4 grams???

In my experience kratom is mild or unnoticable unless it is at high doses and then it messes you up.

I used to down about 60 grams over the course of a day and realized I was drinking kratom tea more than smoking cigarettes (probably in part because nicotine makes me sick on kratom) so I saw it as a problem, and add on the fact that it made me moody and less social. And honestly I didn't feel much besides "relaxed". So I quit and had a day of withdrawals, and after that I didn't use kratom for about 6 months.

The next (and the last) time I took kratom was when I was out of weed and needed something, anything to not be sober asap. I took 4 Tablespoons (about 20-25 grams) of a blend of 11 strains. I took each tablespoon and put it in a cup of coffee with flavored creamer and slammed each mug about 5 minutes apart.

I went from feeling sober, to feeling warm and motivated, to feeling like I mixed xanax and norco, to feeling stoned, to feeling sick as fuck. The effects just kept building, I was nauseous and sweating, I felt terrible. I thought it would plateau but it kept getting stronger. I ended up passing out for about 5 hours and waking up still feeling crappy and my head felt like I took DPH when I stood up. About 7 hours after taking the leaf I threw up and I kid you not there was still kratom in it.

I had bad withdrawls the next day (far worse than when I used 60 grams a day of a single strain) so I used the remaining kratom over the next 2 days to taper off.

I guess what that sums up as is try mixing strains and upping the dose but be careful.

For someone who has taken opiates in the past, including heroin, the ridiculously strong pharmaceutical oxymorphone, I would say your Kratom threshold would be closer to 10 grams per dose, perhaps more.

2.5 grams is considered a light dose, and shouldn't produce anything more than a bit off a clean energy. 5 grams is light to moderate, and you begin to enter the mood lift arena. 7 grams and up you're now beginning to enter mood lifting, anxiolytic, and pain relieving effects. After that it's anyones guess.

This is just a very rough guideline. I used 8-9 grams 3/4 x per day when coming off of longterm oxycodone habit, intermittently. I would gradually lessen the dose, and the farther I got away from opiates, the less and less I took, with better results.

Remember everyone is different. Over a month ago I could shoot enough dope to kill 10 veterans, but if I took 2 hits of a joint, I'd have a mental breakdown.

Don't write Kratom off just yet. And definitelt stick with plain leaf. The other shit is garbage and just fucks up tolerance. I messed around with different vendors and doses and strains for a looong time, in fact, I still do, i mean will. Unfortunately I became a full blown junkhead for the last year and need months clean before I can even try Kratom for PM. 1 month down lol.

Any specific reasons for taking it or is it just for shits and gigs?

Oh and generally speaking, Kratom isn't going to give you that warm buzz like the golden days of light and early opiate use. You may very well get one or two of those, but usually the magic disappears with regular use. It's very subtle but lasts a long time, and is far less likely to be abused. You'll know when you take too much lol
Trip

Last edited:
Thank you TripMcnealy for your quality input.

Yeah, while I have in fact used those opioids before, it was very few times. Maybe 3x with heroin, once with oxymorphone, had codeine when I broke my leg, and 2 or 3 times hydrocodone. Maybe another one or two, but there was definitely much time inbetween uses.

Are you saying that because I've used strong ones then kratom just won't be much to me? I know it's not gonna be like a shot of dope or anything, but I feel nothing at all even when I took ten grams (tried 10g twice).

Even today I got a big bottle of grapefruit juice and drank it with 7g. Notice nothing. Even ate a hunk of cream cheese for the fat.

I tried it (again) because my friend is kind of obsessed and got me interested in trying it, so I ordered a bit.

Opiates/oids have never been my thing, though, I mean when I took hydrocodone I had to take 80mg and smoke a fat blunt to feel it. Codeine was pretty good, oxymorphone decent, and IV heroin was decent but I'm just like meh.

There is ALSO the possibility that my heavy, heavy, heavy daily arylcyclohexylamine (methoxetamine for the most part) use causes a cross-tolerance? Doesn't explain why it (kratom) wasn't effective before I ever used ketamine, but I was probably using junky headshot kratom.

Meh I guess it's just not for me. I just want some (deschloro)ketamine.

I have like 20 grams left and I'll eat it all at once on my day off Sunday. If it works it works if it doesn't it doesn't, but it will be banned soon anyway and I don't feel like I'd be missing out on much.