• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

why do i feel so strange while on suboxone?

Suboxone or "DragonSlayers" is a different drug. Yes its a narcotic but not a "Full Blown" one. At first there might be some Feel Good Feelings but its not like "Hey Man, I feel sooo good" One problem with Subs is that unless your a pretty good user the strenght of the Subs might be unpleasant.Start low and go slow.

So dey call em DragonSlayers up der in da YUPEE eh?

Sorry I couldn't resist, I love visiting the UP. Love me some Pasties.
----
Anyways, when I first started taking Suboxone I felt content. But I was also going completely nuts at the time. I slept frequently. Was also taking clonidine. This was all prescribed mind you.

My body quickly got used to Subs and everything was fine. However, I started to get pretty lazy on them. Then I started my long taper, I am down to .25 (from 8 mgs starting, looking back it was way to high) and it has taken me close to a year. Today, I am trying to see how I feel without my dose. I have Atarax and Clonidine as comfort meds. If I cannot make it I am going to try to cut the dose in half. No pressure on myself.

Bupe is a great drug. I know lots of people struggle with it, but it also seems like some of those people made the decision to get on Bupe because they wanted to end a withdrawal. You really have to be ready to stop messing around for it to be most effective. It takes a long time to get off of it, but it is relatively painless. A few days of very minor symptoms is worth it. When you get down into the 2 and 1 range it becomes much more difficult.

Bupe is a lifesaver and all in all it has been pretty easy to taper. I didn't even think much of it, I just did it. I would notice another month was coming, cut .50 off the dose for 2 days then drop a milligram. A few times I felt some very minor symptoms but otherwise nothing. When I started getting lower I started getting lots and lots of fatigue.

Last edited:
re:

I'm kinda surprised by all the people feeling weird on sub. I've been on it for like 10 months and I don't really feel that I'm on anything. It's just kinda there in the background preventing me from feeling pain and depression and I really like being on it. It's so subtle that I don't feel it. I take 1mg per day and I only notice that it works when I miss a day. And I'm usually very sensitive to meds.

Yeah, I also give my friend sub so she doesn't use dope. She can't put away enough money to buy her script and her insurance doesn't cover it. I have been paying for my subs and sub doc out of pocket, but luckily my husband just got insurance which will cover everything. I'll probably ask for more so I can give her enough for a month. So there are some of us that do care about our fellow man and women.

Re: not sure if I am exactly responding proper;y to ur post but I am that friend right now that , thanks to a wonderful other friend, is helping me kick oxys with subs.Its been a hell of a ride and i havemixed feeling about the subs...eg.. my physical and mental reactions.I am taking about 4 mg but day three I have started to feel a little blue and anxioud..I ve heard it goes away but man it makes it hard to not jus relaspe .However, I have never relapsed before from other heavy druGS so I really just wanna know that what I am reacting from the subs is lol "norma".Your my friend r awesome to recognize that their r others less fortunate to obtain subs via health insurance etc and THAT ROCKS...JUS SAYIN!

I am just finishing my detox off of Sub (the first stage of it that is). Overall, it was very easy compared to other opiates. I am noticing that I have a fog lifting from my head (not unlike when you first stop chronic pot use) and my energy is slowly returning to me. If you want to get off my suggestion is a long slow taper. It really only sucked bad for about a day and a half.

I have been taking 50mgs of percocet for 9 weeks and the w/d feel like they are going to be horrible.. I have neck surgery in 4 days and would like to maybe use subs for a 5 day taper detox. Maybe after a week post surgery I can dump the pain meds and use subs for 5 days? Is this something that will work and eliminate alot of the withdrawls? Any help is really appreciated, I am really scared..
thanks

I know that feeling of 'no emotions' while on suboxone. Towards the end of my first time detoxing off sub I would sometimes go like 30-48 hours b/w doses and was only on 0.5mgs or less and right before i felt the need to dose on suboxone again my emotions would rush back into me like a shot of dope. I would be watching TV or the news and see a sad story and almost start crying or I would be listening to music and it would be so enjoyable... Then I would do my dose of suboxone and go back to being kinda 'emotionless'...... suboxone is weird like that...i dunnoo...

about 3 weeks ago, i quit doing i.v. heroin which i was doing for the most part of 2 years. I got a script for suboxone to help with the withdrawals and cravings. so now, i've been on the sub for about 3 weeks. i usually take 4mg. now that i'm off the heroin, i do feel alot better but i always feel like i'm in this halfway-sober state of mind. i really dont think this is me feeling the bupe cause i know what the high from that feels like and my heroin tolerance was too high for me to be able to feel this bupe. this feeling feels like a weird head feeling like im a zombie and kinda out of it and i have no emotions ever and i just dont feel right. i know my endorphins are kinda messed up from the heroin abuse but im not sure if that is why or if it is the suboxone. if anyone has any ideas about this please feel free to respond.

its not the suboxone. its cuz of ur heroin use. ur brain is messed up from it, and its trying to recover. eat healthy foods, exercise, have fun etc and u will be feeling better.

time to kick the habit

Hi everyone I have been an avid opiate user since I was 16 my first experience with opiates was a 20mg oxy and OMG I was like where have you been all my life, I kept it casual only using once in awhile untill I was about 20 yo by then it was taking me about 50-60 mgs. of whatever I could find and I was up to 3-4 times a week and drinking on top of that. My usage of both increased greatly over the next 10 years I was drinking at least a whole 750 ml. Bottle a day and taking 100mgs. of hydro or oxy or fentinyl at least 4 times a week. On the days I didn't dose I drank more cause I felt like shit if I didn't then by June of this year I was drinking all day long every day and dosing 100mgs of whatever I could find. I admitted my self to detox at a local hospital, when I was admitted the ammonia level in my body was Letha and my b.a.c. was .395 and I'm 140lbs soaking wet I spent 3 days in icu I had pancreatitus, and gastritis (very painfully) I spent 4 more days in detox. I never told them about my opiate addiction so I was in WD from both, as soon as I got out I went straight to one of my pill dudes and got high. It has now been 91 days and I have not had one sip of alcohol (honestly) but my I'm up to 150-200MGS. Of hydro every day. That being said I'm tired of being sick when I can't find anything, always running looking for some, and its putting my relationship in jeapordy with my GF. I have apptmnt Saturday with a sub doc, its time I get off the shit. For information purposes, for anyone in similar situations I will post my progress daily. I hope through my experiences I can help anyone who is also ready to kick in my opinion there's help out there for everyone you just have to want it. Good luck it can be done!!!!!!!

my 2cc's

everymale in this thread should go on about 350 mg of testosterone enanthate two weeks before you put your last sub down. Ever seen people on full opiod agonists ? They could have the finest bitch in front of them and not a damn thing, and not care ! So I would recommend being on a high dose of hormone replacement therapy - and if still neeeded for say social anxiety, 20 mg of paxil works wonders for me ( NOT FOR EVERYONE THOUGH ! ).

Bottom line is, why do you think you nut in 2 seconds when you are dopesick- you feeeeeeeeeel everything, i mean everytttthing. The rush of endorphins I get training for a powerlifting competition is unlike any, you feel so healthy and you'd swear your dick hits your knees lol.

Hit me up with any questions.

my 2cc's

everymale in this thread should go on about 350 mg of testosterone enanthate two weeks before you put your last sub down. Ever seen people on full opiod agonists ? They could have the finest bitch in front of them and not a damn thing, and not care ! So I would recommend being on a high dose of hormone replacement therapy - and if still neeeded for say social anxiety, 20 mg of paxil works wonders for me ( NOT FOR EVERYONE THOUGH ! ).

Bottom line is, why do you think you nut in 2 seconds when you are dopesick- you feeeeeeeeeel everything, i mean everytttthing. The rush of endorphins I get training for a powerlifting competition is unlike any, you feel so healthy and you'd swear your dick hits your knees lol.

Hit me up with any questions.

Buprenorphine doesn't repress testosterone like full agonist opiates do.

no I understand that brother , just saying to get the ol juices flowing - I'm about to start HRT and I'll explain why in a PM. I'll still cycle , just nothin under 200mg test a week, and upwards of 1,000mg w other compounds added in.

sounds like your in the "fog" something very common when coming off of doing drugs for an extended period of time

UPDATE:
MY sub doc told me to take 4mg in the am, and 4mg mid afternoon. After an hour or so of my first dose I started to feel good my mood changed for the good and I got a nice boost in energy, I even had a small buzz this lasted up till about 3 pm then I started to feel shity again so I took the other half, about an hour and 1/2 I started to feel terrible it started with a tension headache then came bad anxiety, stomach pain+cramps, nausea, the shakes, cold sweats, and very tired, and emotional, flat out miserable. My sweetheart suggested a back rub so after an hour of that and some sex (no ejaculation) I felt a little better I took 50mg of my sleeping pill trazadone and did nothing but toss and turn all night. Day two I wondered if maybe 4mg was to much all at once so I cut a strip into 2mg pieces and dosed at 9am, 12am, 3pm, and the last at 6pm, and an hour after last dose here we go again same shitty feelings as yesterday..... WTF am I doing wrong does anyone have suggestions??????

^

Give it a few days. It took me around 5 days to get fully adjusted to my dose- I also take 4mg am, 4mg afternoon. Don't split up your dose and stagger it like that. Stick to the 4 and 4 and just wait, trust me, you'll get used to it and feel great.

SUBOXONE GIVES A WIERD KIND OF HIGH NOT SO CALMING BUT MORE STIULATING depernolaized

about 3 weeks ago, i quit doing i.v. heroin which i was doing for the most part of 2 years. I got a script for suboxone to help with the withdrawals and cravings. so now, i've been on the sub for about 3 weeks. i usually take 4mg. now that i'm off the heroin, i do feel alot better but i always feel like i'm in this halfway-sober state of mind. i really dont think this is me feeling the bupe cause i know what the high from that feels like and my heroin tolerance was too high for me to be able to feel this bupe. this feeling feels like a weird head feeling like im a zombie and kinda out of it and i have no emotions ever and i just dont feel right. i know my endorphins are kinda messed up from the heroin abuse but im not sure if that is why or if it is the suboxone. if anyone has any ideas about this please feel free to respond.

I didnt like SUBOXONE when u take TOO MUCH you feel DEPERSONALIZED like you are watching the world throug a bubble it feels WEIRD everything seems to BE ALIEN TO YOU and you dont feel RELAXED AND AT ONE WITH THE WORLD you feel like you are SEPERATED and everthing seems STRANGE

whoever said that you should be on 32 mg is one of those uneducated and inexperienced people that like to think that they are right about everything.. without any experience in the field..

I've been on sub for quite some time and let me tell you, and dose over 2 mg daily and you WILL start feeling strange and out of it..This is becayse the bupe is slowly building up in your system. When i first started i took 4mg to 8mg a day and i was wondering why i felt so damn depressed all the time. THAT SHIT IS FLOODING your mind. ALL JOKING ASIDE, i said fuck it im quitting this shit, stopped for two days (started getting withdrawrals) then i caved and took 1mg thinking it wasn't going to do anything.. I GOT STONED off my ass, i felt like i was roasted off of an oc80. My body was all warm and tingly, i felt very fullfilled and content. I jumped in my car and took my dog to the beach for 3 hours. Now I have been addicted to 1.5mg of sub daily and it has been a better time for me than when i was blowing roxy's.. This is definately not a good thing as i jump out of bed every morning excited to dissolved my 1.5mg than play some counterstrike. Even my friend who spent 300 dollars a day on roxy's likes the 1.5-2mg sub high. But you have to listen to me. if you have been taking over 4mg daily than switch to 2mg thinking it will get you hugh.. THINK AGAIN, You have to let all the sub thats in your body RIGHT NOW drain out for 2 days "until your start feeling emotional and have a 2 hour cry session.. after that you know your body is cleaned up enough to try the 1.5mg wonder i am talking about. I registered on this website just to say this and i am not the kind of person to make things up. Also i suggest every 2 weeks taking a 1-2 day break and you will be back to getting high off your ass. Ask yourself this..would you rather suffer the negative health consequnces of a higher dose without feeling any euphoria? Or would you rather take a small dose (you tihnk it might be small but its really not) of 1.5-2mg daily and feel great.

I can attest to this, I was having the worst possible time of my life when i went over 4mg's.
for almost a full year i had great sucess with subs, felt great everyday had energy,sex drive,had fun
I got greedy and my adict side took over and i started doing 4-12 mgs a day and everything went to shit!
felt depressed,tired,zombied and every other thing you can imagine then
I finally said thats it took a few days off and then took 1.mg and felt great again
never again will i go over 1-2mg's a day with this drug and i agree with scalz420 every once in a while take a day or two off completely.
NOW I KNOW how strong bupe really is! 1mg is for me the equal to doing 20mg of oxy.

Last edited:
I felt like I was on cough medicine when I was on Sub. Everything felt a bit "unreal". I also had super intense sugar cravings and I'm not a sweet tooth...I would eat gummy bears by the handful

god i've felt exactly this. still currently feeling this way and i want off.

Ive felt this weirdness off subutex a couple times. One time I was clean and I got high off an 8ml pill over a couple days and by the third day I felt this weird kind of burn out feeling in my brain. Im on subutex just now, after a stint of iv heroin and methadone use. Its been a couple of weeks of taking 2mg a day and the last couple days it has reached a saturation point in my system. That foogy brain that people been saying about and a kind of panic in my chest and pressure in my head. Not nice at all! Im gonna start tapering down from today on. Like many have said sub is very powerful shit. I think even 2mg (for me anyway) is too much to take every day. Times ive used it before successfully and got clean i have never hardly taken more than 0.5mg but mostly a lot less.

Yeah!!! You dudes saying not to go over 2mg. You are bang on! I think that is good advice.