• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why do drugs seem to last longer for me than they are supposed to?

burn out

Bluelighter
I tried GHB because I heard it was short acting. I took a low dose, about 1.5 grams and 27 hours later I am still feeling it. I am not high anymore, but I still feel sedation. Is this normal? I have this problem with a lot of drugs, the after effects often lasting far beyond what they are supposed to. It has made me afraid to experiment with phenbut because I can see myself just being out of it for days.

Also I want to say GHB was nothign like I expected. Why does everyone say it is so much like alcohol? I didn't think it was like alcohol at all. More like a cross between MDMA and ketamine. You get the body euphoria of MDMA but instead of the psychological effects of MDMA you get mild dissocation like you took a bump of ket. Totally different headspace from alcohol. Also, why does it make you sweat so much? THat makes it feel even more like MDMA lol.

Maybe an enzyme deficiency ??
Did you sleep during the last 27 hours ?

Everyone recats different to drugs and imo with GHB the effects are really dosage dependent, like a low dose is more stimulating and a high dose is sedating.

someone misinformed you. lol. All of the GABA B agonists HAVE short half-lives, yes. But they take forever to kick in. And the GABA B receptor, given it's very nature, can take up 260 to even elicit a response to GABA or an exogenous ligand.

GHB, phenibut, lyrica, neurontin, baclofen can all last around 24 hours, depending on dose, OP

^It may not be an enzyme deficiency kleinerkiffer.

I'm deffiecient in cyp3a4 and cyp2a6, yet I am hugely tolerant to everything, everything barely everything effects me, has any duration, etc.

And Burn Out, MDMA is supposed to make you sweat.

And GHB is supposed to feel like MDMA. Everybody says it does! It IS called LIQUID ECSTACY after all. I don't know who you have been talking to who has been comparing it to alcohol...

I have never compared it to alcohol.

It's pharmacology - GHB/GABA B agonism has nothing in common with alcohol...except the GIRK agonism...

And maybe you are doing to much GHB wich can precipitate sweating sometimes...

Alcohol is also an NMDA antagonist, like ketamine. So it should cause a mild dissociation, that, if anything, should be slightly like
alcohol's

I think when the people you have talked to have compared the two, they were probably finding similarities in the activation between ethanol's effects on Ki channels and GHB's on GABA B GIRK channels.

GHB makes you sweat for the same reason that phenibut would or baclofen would - simlar drugs - both GABA B agonists, just not GHB agonists (also alpha 2 delta calcium channel negative allosteric modulators, and both drugs have been compared to MDMA, as well).

1. It presynaptically binds to what is known as the GABA B autoreceptor. Autorecptors are receptor proteins that exists on the presynaptic proteins that control outgoing neurotrnasmitter release.

If too much GABA is released from the neuron, it will be able to detect this via the autoreceptors, and shut off GABA release via activation of these receptors. If there is not enough releases, not enough of these autoreceptors will get activated, and GABA release will henceforth continue.

Now when GHB is artificially agonizing these presynaptic receptors, it artificially shuts off GABA release, regardless of synaptic level. Hence a reason for the sweating.
2. Second reason. When postsynaptic GABA B receptors are activated, they cause intense hyperpolaraziations (a change in a cell's membrane potential that makes it more negative. It is the opposite of a depolarization. It inhibits action potentials by increasing the stimulus required to move the membrane potential to the action potential threshold.) which bring the subseqent presynaptic membrane potential just low enough to elict the burst and repetitive firing of what are known as low voltage gated t-type calcium channels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-type_calcium_channel

Now this is going to increase depolarizations and NT, especially dopamine, norepinephrine, and glutamate.

Combined with the GABA inhibition

*along*

with the GHB agonism - which induces glutamate and dopamined release BTW (glutamate is the major excitotoxin in the brain that causes chemical damage and releases all other neurotransmitter and ions).

This is responsible for the sweating. :) As for it feeling like MDMA. That's just been a consensus. Lyrica, Neurontin, baclofen, phenibut, GBL, GHB have been all combared to MDMA, benzos, etc.

Maybe your an indigo child, vibrating on higher frequency than the rest of us lll