• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do all drugs suck?

number22

Bluelighter
Alright, don’t get me wrong - I love drugs and I love to get high. But obviously abuse every day is not a healthy way to live. I’ve gone nearly a year without my addiction consuming me, but as life has gotten a bit harder it’s hard to not escape it with mind altering drugs.

My favorite is ketamine. Haven’t used since January, and it was only a point. I got sick recently and with the medicine I was taking it contained 60mg of dxm. So naturally I figured why not eat a few more pills that contain 15mg of dxm to make it a high. Been doing that my whole sickness, and now that I’m healthy I just wanna go on a 300mg dxm trip.

But that doesn’t solve anything, and only helps me not think about how I actually feel temporarily. Still though, I want to do it so bad. Honestly don’t know where I’m going with this post, I suppose I just want to complain how I feel and maybe hear that others feel the same way.

I also love psychedelics but refuse to trip when my mental state is like this. Benzos are awesome, alcohol is okay, thc is a must. But what else is there really? I threw up blood last time I took an oxy, also didn’t really enjoy the high of painkillers too much anyways. I’ve taken random medication my dad is on and those highs never equated to ketamine or dxm.

What kind of highs do you guys look for? I feel like K and dxm are really the only drugs I like to get out of my mind on. Not of big fan of mdma and stuff. Do I just wanna abuse shit because I’m young and 21? What do you think, if it doesn’t get out of control is it okay to trip balls on dxm once in a while? Or should I really focus on trying to quit and leave my addiction behind me? The second option sounds boring haha.

Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy my sober life and my girlfriend, it’s just hard sometimes and I want to forget about it with drugs, like most I suppose. If you read this whole thing, thank you. I think I needed to vent about this or else I would have gone to a store and sent a robotrip at 3am. Buuut yeah lolllll

I love my oxy . I take about 20-30 mg at a time by mouth , takes about 20 mins then I get a energy surge with a happy social come up . I get chores or work done with ease and in a good mood , once I come down it’s a nice body relaxing high . All good things come with a price so when I don’t have any to start my day I’m extra tired and irritable. If I don’t have any for a day or two , I’m real irritable with terrible restless body and hot cold flashes and can’t sleep . Occasionally I’ll take some adderall and deep clean my house and stay up super late , gives energy but not the happy feeling like oxy .. Adderall also gives me a nervous anxious energy , it’s useful occasionally but can’t see how other people enjoy being like that for days and no sleeping . I love to nap and sleep .

Honestly I’ve pretty much just transitioned to purely psychedelics. If I just wanna get high weed can do that but as I’ve gotten older I’ve mostly outgrown Benzos and opiates. Instead of getting high to avoid problems which doesn’t change anything I feel psychedelics help me have a good time and give me a chance to solve what I’m trying to run away from.

Even when i had a great career before i fucked up blah blah etcetera, i was using drugs heavily. Since i was 13 i fell in love with the idea of escaping a mundane and repetitive life, boredom, and allowing myself the pleasure of releasing a FUCK TON of dopamine with instant gratification.

I think i'll stop using when and if i get married. But i'll probably still smoke the occasional joint with wifey.

Once i have something to lose i will make sure i don't lose it..

Its not the drugs that suck it is our daily lives that suck. If we were living to our truest possibility we would be in states that drugs put us in, just without the need for going high, because we would not be low to begin with. If "drug can do it" than human being can do it. Without innate biological potential drugs could not have any effect. I think that we should, as a species, dedicate ourselves to understanding ourselves and once we do that we will learn how to tune our biochemistry to the needs of the moment. In the current states of affair, where it is more important to have more possessions and be superior militarily to other members of human family the things I talk about sound strange. Maybe they will stay strange forever and we may wipe ourselves out before we figure out that investing in living is more important than investing in killing. We use drug today because we are profoundly ill. Life has an answer for it but if we use it just to escape from feeling ourselves and blunting our senses to what we are doing than we are abusing the medication and we will pay with our lives. To sum this rumbling up - drugs do not suck, we do. Our bio-psycho-social game is not well balanced to our needs and we are suffering from it. Drugs put us in the position where we could be if we grow up as a species. If we got the message (after using drugs), put down the phone (stop using) and change our human network than we could live the message. We could synthesize all that by ourselves. But as the substances need the right environment to express themselves, so do human beings. As DMT is destroyed if swallowed on its own, so our biological laboratory that we call our bodies is dysfunctional in the current environment. Change the environment in the right way and we will produce more endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, DMT and host of other messenger chemicals that we are boosting up with drugs. I don't know does it makes sense but it did make sense to me as I was writing it 🤣🤣🤣
Made total sense to me. Self love is definitely something I need to work on

Even when i had a great career before i fucked up blah blah etcetera, i was using drugs heavily. Since i was 13 i fell in love with the idea of escaping a mundane and repetitive life, boredom, and allowing myself the pleasure of releasing a FUCK TON of dopamine with instant gratification.

I think i'll stop using when and if i get married. But i'll probably still smoke the occasional joint with wifey.

Once i have something to lose i will make sure i don't lose it..
Yeah having my girlfriend really restrains me from wilding out with my drug use, I never want to lose her. I suppose it’s hard to leave my drug addictive self behind