• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why didnt oxy effect me

spoder

Greenlighter
im 16 years old and weigh about 60 kg (male) and i had never taken oxy before
i had recently taken 15mg's of oxycontin modified release, i took the pill whole and felt no effect (checked the expiry and and still good)
the next day i decided to third the pill and take it, then i took another one whole (so i had taken 30mgs) i just felt drowsy and tired but thats it, there was no high no buzz nothing
so im getting some buds today and im going to take another 30mgs and have some bowls (will this make me feel anything more)
please give me advice on why i didnt get a buzz
thanks

You felt drowsy and tired after taking a drug. It had an effect. What exactly were you expecting from oxy? The main purpose of opioids is to relieve pain obviously. If you arent in pain (thankfully I might add), you wont experience analgesia which in of itself can be euphoric.

Oxy has subtle effects. If you think you are going to feel stoned like you smoked a joint, you are in for disappointment. It takes time, correct dose adjustment, and careful self-examination to fully understand the pleasures of opioids. Once you get it right, you will know.

Now, the most important part. Put that shit away. You are 16 with a life ahead of you. Too many of us here and elsewhere were seduced by opioids and have had tragic, even fatal, consequences. They are not worth throwing your life away for and Im sure others will chime in reiterating this point.

but shouldnt 30 mgs do something to a person who hasnt taken any before ? like should i have gotten "high"

What were your expectations of how this high would feel? Normally yes, 30 mg should get a beginner "high" but as I said, oxys effects arent always as prominent as something like weed or LSD.

I really hate to see stuff like this.. No, you shouldn't have gotten high -not on oxy- not at 16. Your opiate receptors aren't crying out for relief from external chemicals because you're not an addict, you're not in pain and you don't deserve to be either. Those receptors in your brain are already getting enough bliss sent their way through naturally produced endorphins from you NOT being in pain and you NOT being hooked on pharmaceutical drugs.

Wait until you're old and you have enough joint pain or whatever it is old people groan about- Then you'll be able to get oxy scripted to you. You'll be able to mess around with it all you like, in fact, by then, there'll be better opiates than oxy. OXY-2060, the opiate of the future, that's where it's at. Until then, stay healthy, enjoy your buds and have fun not being hooked on opiates.

Last edited:
I promise you that opioids is not a road you want to go down. it gets out of control so fast it is unreal.

you didn't take enough to get the euphoria you;re looking for

I think we can probably do without disclaimers regarding addiction in every single thread that dares to mention Opioids. The cat's out of the bag and we all know that Opioids are extremely addictive and potentially dangerous... moving on.

Firstly, be aware that there's a relatively small component of the Caucasian population that, due to issues with their metabolic process, don't receive the full effect that others would from certain Opioids. I for one, need at least 120mg of Oxycodone to get a "buzz", whereas I've seen people drooling on themselves after taking 20mg. There's a really wide variance.

Secondly, 30mg is not an extreme dose. You also mentioned that they are extended-release pills, which isn't helping the situation. Even if you are able to crush them up fairly well, the contemporary time-release mechanisms of certain pills are difficult or essentially impossible to fully beat. With time-release drugs, as well as with long-acting Opioids like Methadone, the long, drawn-out onset typically includes less euphoria and more of the side-effects, like sedation and pruritis.

Possibly try increasing your dosage by a reasonable amount. That could be the problem or as I said, it could be a metabolic issue.

I think we can probably do without disclaimers regarding addiction in every single thread that dares to mention Opioids. The cat's out of the bag and we all know that Opioids are extremely addictive and potentially dangerous... moving on.

thank you

i'm forever receiving arsey messages shaming me for helping out first-timers safely consume opiates
and as i said before, you'll need more oxy, i personally needed around 90mgs of oxy the first time i tried it to feel much.

thank you

i'm forever receiving arsey messages shaming me for helping out first-timers safely consume opiates
and as i said before, you'll need more oxy, i personally needed around 90mgs of oxy the first time i tried it to feel much.

Don't worry about that shit Keeping, I definitely got your back regarding the issue. I don't think people realize that in the process of liberalizing drug use policy, replacing factual knowledge and/or advice with "Just say no" - "Don't do it" etc. is a subtle regression back into the prevailing conservative mindset. Bluelight has pretty well-defined sub-forums where people can go for help with addiction and dependence, but Basic Drug Discussion isn't it. We are here to provide Harm Reduction information in order to help users use more safely, not to get them to not use at all.

In the extreme, the "Just Say No" attitude of some actually stifles the speedy exchange of information and actually does a disservice to those seeking HR support.

I stand by what I said. Opiates are for people in pain, the elderly 8) and people who never got the chance to fulfill their dreams of rock stardom.. The guy has better things to do than trying to catch a buzz off oxy and I don't think I'm being conservative for letting him know that.

I personally, am going to be quitting opium the second my LP hits the charts.

Incidentally I knew where my head was at in my teens and starting down this path so probably not the best thread to state it takes doses 3-4x what the OP started with the to feel high....since this is harm reduction and all. As my body adjusted it took several doses of 5mg oxy but when I felt it I knew. And until that point the respiratory depression could get intense. Granted within months I had built up a serious tolerance and couldn't feel high off 30s but everybody is different because every body is different. I'd suggest OP look into trying to get more out of the current dose (empty stomach, fatty meal, etc) and give it the ol college try before even attempting to up the dose. And seriously who can afford a habit of 30s and more at sixteen-for any reasonable length of time. No one should be turning tricks under eighteen to maintain.

I too stand by my comment to leave it alone. I love drugs. I love oxycodone as much as any drug available. If a long term or otherwise experienced user comes asking questions, telling them to put it away is an exercise in futility and I agree a disservice to HR. But someone who says this is my first time using oxy will, in a rather good percentage of the times, see huge reductions in the harm oxy or other opioids can do to nearly every facet of their life if we can convince them to stop before its too late.

I would look into getting instant release oxy, the modified release only gives half the dose immediately, then the other half over the span of a few hours, er also carries a higher respiratory depression rate. If 30mg didn't do it for you, up the dose in increments of 15mg..

Like others have said, everyone's body is structured differently, I needed 90-120mg even when I was opiate naive. I would never suggest this dose for a beginner though!

- hs

When you are new to opiates, you'll only feel drowsy at first from them, or it's not always easy to tell if you are nodding or getting a high from them.

Be very careful. I started with opiate pills at 16, and I am damn lucky I never became physically addicted, and was able to quit. I am grateful every day that I never used dope.

If you use Kratom as the person below posted about, be careful with that as well as people do get addicted to it.

Last edited:
I stand by what I said. Opiates are for people in pain, the elderly 8) and people who never got the chance to fulfill their dreams of rock stardom.. The guy has better things to do than trying to catch a buzz off oxy and I don't think I'm being conservative for letting him know that.

I personally, am going to be quitting opium the second my LP hits the charts.

I think that's a great spin on the focus of HR. Realistically the best way to reduce harm is to keep this guy away from the more dangerous drugs. I see both sides but I agree with you.

First things first, and I'll keep this short. You're 16? I'll spare you the lecture, but just please be careful. I started when I was 18, just like you "Hmmm, will this pill make me feel good?". It can easily turn all downhill from there. Just be smart, be safe, and use your common sense. Secondly, the answer you want, the form you took it in is designed to release small levels of the drug over the course of several hours. Had it been 15mgs of instant release oxycodone, I think you'd feel something. Personally, the first recreational dose of oxycodone I took was 20mgs. Not too little, not too much. No tolerance. This was Percocet, mind you. Instant release oxy and acetaminophen. But you weren't feeling the full effects of the drug, because not all of the drug was being absorbed at once. ONE THING I'D LIKE TO SUGGEST - Is looking into something called Kratom. It's a leafe that grows in and around Indonesia. It has a funny little affinity for the opioid receptors in your brain - aka the thingys that make drugs like oxycodone and heroin feel good. It's safe, it's natural, and way less addictive than the pharms and street stuff. BUT, even to an opioid-tolerant individual, a nice dose of RED vein kratom is quite blissful, and not too different than the effects you get from oxycodone. Plus, it's legal. That's right. You can buy that shit anywhere. Smoke shops (way too expensive) or online. Just search "kratom vendors" or something, and look for strains that say "red vein". Not green or white, but red. I highly recommend it. You'l be glad you tried it, and you'll be even more glad that you didn't get wrapped up in one of the most addicting pills there are. Be safe, be smart. and look into some good red vein kratom.

The first time I took opiates like 10 mg of oxy or lortab I felt sedated, uncomfortable and fatigued. The second time I took them I felt sedated and fatigued not in a good way. The third time I took opiates I felt energetic, euphoric, slightly sedated and itchy.

The first time I gave my friend a lortab he felt nothing. It took two more times before he was feeling amazing from the same dose. Sometimes you have to wake your brain up to the effects. It will make you realize how the addiction process starts. A good percentage of people actually do not feel that good from painkillers used medically and sparingly. They get tired, nauseous and dizzy.