View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why didn't I have a bad trip?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
Me and my friend had our first psychedelic trip last night. I'll probably post a trip report later but at 6:00 PM we split an acid tab, and at 9:45 we split an ecstasy tab (white lightning.) that's right, our first trip was candy flipping. I was so happy, I was in love with everything around me.
We were dumb enough to watch the movie oculus at 2am, if you don't know that is a trippy scary movie. after the movie my friend immediately slipped into a bad trip, he recovered after about an hour but still was frightened until he woke up. I stayed so happy and consent with life, what did I most likely do that was different from him?

Right now I've found answers and have become a much more kinder person.

Because you're a completely different person than him with a completely different set of life experiences and thoughts to follow...?

Judging by your username you may have more of a predisposition to happy and positive feelings?
Bad trips are very rare for most people; I've only had one once.
There is no set way to trigger a bad trip as it is different for every person, and even then stressful or frightening situations are not guaranteed to cause bad or difficult trips.