• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why didn't i get high off nutmeg?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I know all the negative effects of nutmeg and how it's a dumb drug to do, I wanna do it anyway, so please just answer my question, don't just tell me not to do it.

I took 3 accurately measured tablespoons of nutmeg last night at 1:45 am. It was a new, unopened container of ground nutmeg. I took it orally on an empty stomach. 15 minutes later, at 2:00 am, I began to feel slight euphoria and a body high in my legs that was similar to cannabis. I know it takes hours to kick in, so I'm assuming it was placebo. I wrote down(i was recording the effects and writing the time) at 2:45 am that I felt no effects at all, but I know the cannabis-like effects went away before that. I continued to not feel effects for 3 hours until 4:45 am until i got bored and went to bed, hoping the trip would wake me back up. I didn't fall asleep until at least 5:30 am, but probably around 5:45 am. I still felt no effects. I woke back up at around 10:00 am, and still felt nothing. I fell back asleep, and woke up again at 2:30 pm. I still felt nothing, and at that point realized I did something wrong for sure. It's 10:22 pm right now, and (surprise!) I felt nothing all day and don't now. Why didn't it work? what did i do wrong? I take a some non-recreational drugs, could they have maybe prevented the trip? Thanks

Other drugs I was on:
Lamotrigine(lamictal)
5-HTP
L-tyrosine
Citalopram (Celexa)

Nutmeg is just nasty stuff. As in, the taste of it is probably not too bearable by itself. If there were even a good high associated with it you would need to ingest at least 5 grams of it. This isn't really advised. IMO it isn't worth it due to the nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that will likely come with it. The "high" can take up to 5 hours to take effect, and it really only makes you feel dizzy and a little buzzed maybe, although some users have reported feeling very pleasant and seeing mild hallucinations of colors or shapes. Afterwards it will make you feel very tired, so expect to fall asleep for a little while.
You probably didn't get high simply because you didn't take enough, but I don't think anything you're on really cancelled out the effects if there wasn't anything to feel.

Last edited:
Leave nutmeg to the methheads on Orange is the New Black. Like I said in another post, with all the effort you're expending on trying to get high on weird shit, just find someone over 21 who'll buy for you and get it over with.

At least order the essential oil instead of ingesting what, sorry, just looks like shit when mixed with your saliva and is unpleasantly gritty. You'll avoid the nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting that way. Even then, don't expect much. Nutmeg is an overhyped, underwhelming trip in my experience.