Votes: 303 83.7%
  • Mental Health Problems

Votes: 86 23.8%
  • Physical Health Problems

Votes: 21 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 46 12.7%

• Total voters
I guess part of it was peer pressure because I was pressured into smoking pot, but I don't anymore because it made my depression much worse every time I got high I wanted to kill myself. Cocaine was just curiosity. I don't have an addictive personality so I can't say I've ever been addicted to a drug.

I started off using drugs as a way to treat a physical ailment, and then I quickly realized I could keep this going to treat my mental state/depression. So, it's a combination of physical health problems & then self medication to treat my depression.

Curiosity got me interested in all these different types of drugs, I did a lot of reading about them before I tried them.

But I've got to say, a little peer pressure too, I was young and I really wasn't completely sure if I really wanted to do them or not. All I needed was that little push, and boom - I dived in and didn't look back..

The inception of my drug use was definitely due to both stress and curiosity. When I was fifteen, I was dangerously attached to an emotionally abusive boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend, of course) that continuously spoke about his love affair with heroin. I have always been the type of gal to get very attached to the select few people I feel drawn to, and foolishly I picked a horrible individual to become attached to. When I molded my life to fit his needs, and he then became very blatantly abusive, when my friends began doing drugs, I figured it was my time to find out firsthand what was so great about them. Prior to the abuse, I had smoked a bit of marijuana and drank a bit on several occasions. The interesting part about it was that I did not even think of getting high or drunk again until the relationship went awry. Then, I developed a new obsession, and as I dabbled with harder drugs, it seemed to activate a strange response within me to abuse the hell out of the drugs that I never even thought about previously.

Last edited:
Peer pressure hahahaha please. Nobody tells me what to do. Never have and never will. I got into this on my very own thank you very much.