• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why can't I nod anymore?

Banging#4

Greenlighter
Like the title says...I haven't had a good nod off of heroin for a while. When I use I just get a TON of energy, like more hyped up then when I have used speed. I don't do a lot of heroin when I use, cause I don't steal to pay for drugs and money is tight, so I try to stretch my dope out as much as I can, but I still wind up binging till I'm out whenever I cop. In the desire to reduce harm to myself, I also try to limit my hits, but like I said, I don't nod, but I do get a nice rush and taste in my throat. I use about a point of some quality #4 from the darknet. Do I just need to use more to nod? I have done shots pretty close together and I still don't nod then either. :(

Any ideas? I'm new and hope this thread doesn't violate any rules. I'm not glorifying drug use. This is harm reduction purposed. Thanks for reading!

It is called tolerance and it sucks and ultimately you need to take so much opiates to nod that it will cause respiratory arrest and that may well be your final nod.

One criteria for substance use disorder is that patient continues to compulsively use their DOC although it doesn't give anymore the effect which they are trying to achieve.

I guess this would be a good time to consider how much you are using and if you are still willing to continue to use or maybe you might want to stop or atleast take a tolerance break.

It's no good doing shots close together. You need to do it in one go. Obviously you need to know your limits though.
There's sometimes a thin line between a good nod and an od.

I take Suboxone between using, so that keeps my tolerance up and it sucks because I have to get sick to use and then get sick to take my subs again to avoid precipitated withdrawal. :/

I guess I won't be nodding. Tis a shame.

It's no good doing shots close together. You need to do it in one go. Obviously you need to know your limits though.
There's sometimes a thin line between a good nod and an od.

This is true. I am getting some Fentanyl soon. It will be my first time using fent so I should start with a tester shot. The shitty thing is I am only getting a point and it isn't pure fent as that would be a sure way to OD, but I want to really feel it. I am conflicted with how safe I need to be. Honestly, I would love to die from an accidental OD. I've tried killing myself so many times and have gotten really close (talking 50 minutes of resuscitation) and dying to an overdose is my preferred method, but it would be easier on my family in a small way if it was considered an accident while engaged in recreational drug use than a blatant suicide attempt.

Can't really say anything to that mate, once you start talking about killing yourself there's no point in me trying.
I think if you really wanted to kill yourself you'd be dead.
If you've tried killing yourself "so many times" you either dont really want to or your stupid.

I tried to commit suicide and only lived due to chance when i fell unconcious facing up so i couldnt drown in my vomit.

Dude you really should consider going in patient. It kinda sucks but after they out me on some meds and therapy im pretty happy.

Thats just how habitual opiate use works. At first it sedates you then when your body relies on it, its stimulating. You could try taking some diphenhydramine, or another sedative antihistamine before your dope if you really want that nod. A benzo or another downer could help but is dangerous as you could stop breathing.

Also dude... theres so many ways to be opioid addict on the cheap. If youre spending *dinner out for two* on heroin a day... You're spending too much. You said youre getting fentanyl soon.. did you order it from china? You can order it super cheap from the factories there. Enough to stay high for a year for a months rent. I do not recommend doing that as its really dangerous... but if you do be sure to liquid mix it with something inert like mannitol.

Safer and cheapest option would be kratom but you are unlikely to get a nod from that but it still feels good. You could also mix this with a sedating antihistamine. That gets me into a nodding-ish state. For pennies man. Even taking an ounce a day I spend 1/10th what I did when buying dope off the street.

Theres also poppy seed tea.. costs a little more but still several orders of magnitude cheaper than heroin. You can definitely get a good nod if you do enough. Its very inconsistent though.

Tramadol is very cheap too but if you have a tolerance its not good as 400mg+ doses give increased seizure risk.

Even heroin from the internet is much much cheaper, and safer ( consistent purity)

Hopefully I didnt push it with the 'no price discussion' here. Was careful not to give specifics.

Thats just how habitual opiate use works. At first it sedates you then when your body relies on it, its stimulating. You could try taking some diphenhydramine, or another sedative antihistamine before your dope if you really want that nod. A benzo or another downer could help but is dangerous as you could stop breathing.

Also dude... theres so many ways to be opioid addict on the cheap. If youre spending *dinner out for two* on heroin a day... You're spending too much. You said youre getting fentanyl soon.. did you order it from china? You can order it super cheap from the factories there. Enough to stay high for a year for a months rent. I do not recommend doing that as its really dangerous... but if you do be sure to liquid mix it with something inert like mannitol.

Safer and cheapest option would be kratom but you are unlikely to get a nod from that but it still feels good. You could also mix this with a sedating antihistamine. That gets me into a nodding-ish state. For pennies man. Even taking an ounce a day I spend 1/10th what I did when buying dope off the street.

Theres also poppy seed tea.. costs a little more but still several orders of magnitude cheaper than heroin. You can definitely get a good nod if you do enough. Its very inconsistent though.

Tramadol is very cheap too but if you have a tolerance its not good as 400mg+ doses give increased seizure risk.

Even heroin from the internet is much much cheaper, and safer ( consistent purity)

Hopefully I didnt push it with the 'no price discussion' here. Was careful not to give specifics.

I think you're good on the price thing. Using vague terms like "darknet" or "internet" is OK. Saying I got dope from this person at this location for X price, that is not cool. Even saying I bought dope for X price in Y city/town is probably forbidden. I appreciate your reply Pickledlemons. I have to say that when it comes to my opiate use, I use specifically for the rush from using IV, and I liked the nod but it is OK if I don't get it usually, as long as the rush is there. Kratom seems like an unappetizing way to go...making that slurry sludge like mess that you have the force down. I'm trying to go back on my subs right now as I have about 20 hours since my last shot of dope, and am far enough into my withdrawal to start subs (I have gone through this a lot). It takes a while for the subs to build in your blood plasma over about three days to reach peak plasma concentration. I have no appetite yet and my stomach is cramped a bit. I wish I had the money to be a full time junkie, but I think no amount of drugs will ever be enough for a junkie like me. I can't help myself when it comes to dope. :(

Edit: The fent I am getting is from a vendor in Canada on the darknet. That shouldn't be specific enough to be an issue. It is a small amount just being sold for cheap as a tester to gauge the product. I am hesitant about using a Chinese lab for fent analogues as for one, they traffic in the pure fent analogues that are as potent as fentanyl to several times more potent than fentanyl and I would be afraid of accidental ingestion and overdose. The other concern that is scary is the fact that all these Chinese labs require you to front the bitcoin or wire money before they will send the package, and if the pack is intercepted by customs you lose, maybe in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Yep, that's certainly the risk you run in the drug game. I suppose it's about what level of risk are you willing to take and for what gain you can get from it (monetarily or level of high etc.). The bottomline is that's just how the wheel turns, so to speak. Like in life, there are no free lunches and anything worth having, comes at a price. Be safe OP!

Man, it sounds like you are deeply immersed in the game already. Bouncing back between subs and dope all the time, takes almost monk like discipline, in my experience.

And I would think that shooting fentanyl, would be a sure way to OD. I have accidentally OD'd several times, smoking the stuff. And I had/have a super high tolerance. it sounds like you are not new to the game. I'm not sure if you have ever booted fent before? But I would advise against it, seems like a guaranteed way to pancake.