• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why cant i get high off whip its anymore!?

OMG, 90% of the people on this forum are on Prozac. The kickbacks from Eli Lilly must be juicy. This stuff is getting prescibed for pretty much everything now that's mental related. Some people get it prescribed for simple anxiety, for godsake. Unless a person is so severely depressed that they are in serious danger of suicide Prozac is not appropriate because it's just too dangerous, in my personal opinion based on what I've read.

That's pretty extreme to say that you think Prozac or SSRIs should only be prescribed in case a person is going to commit suicide.

SSRIs in general have helped a lot of people who have anxiety disorders, depression and OCD and while they are very overprescribed and certainly have their dangers and side effects you are exaggerating them to state that they are SO extreme that the drug should only be used if someone is in danger of killing themselves.

Damn you've been using 50 chargers a day for years?!

No, not quite. I wasn't trying to say that I use 50 nitrous oxide chargers per day, everyday. My point was that I use 50+ chargers a day on those days I happen to have an adequate supply of them, which isn't, unfortunately, every single day displayed on the calendar.

Typically, I will purchase 1-2 dozen boxes (with a quantity of 50 chargers in each box) of nitrous oxide canisters at the outset of a given month, then I'll use the nitrous oxide—at a fairly consistent rate of about one box per day—until I've exhausted my supply.

Have you gotten any kind of memory or cognitive impairment of any kind??

As far as I am aware, no I have not. And I've yet to come across any cogent scientific research or data affirming the notion that nitrous oxide—or any dissociative, even—is a direct cause of cognitive impairment or 'brain damage' of any kind. None of this affirmative research I have managed to access seems terribly convincing or tenable, nor does the preponderance of this research seem able to satisfy my minimum personal standards for scientific "evidence".

And YES very serious brain damage or death can occur from the use of "Whippits" especially when the effects are not recognized.

That's not a harm specific to nitrous oxide: for instance death can also occur from sleeping in the same sealed room as a charcoal burner. You'd need to do at least a whole box of whippets to release enough nitrous oxide to displace all the oxygen from a room... and that would also require you to be doing it in a non-ventilated, enclosed space.

Using whippets in a typical recreational setting is actually one of the safer psychedelic drugs there is, due to its incredibly short duration. Dentists do use use nitrous oxide, as do anaesthetists, to induce and maintain analgesia or anaesthesia.