• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why cant i get high off whip its anymore!?

Matty50k

Greenlighter
HELP Im so confused right now. I'm no rookie to them, I've done them plenty of times and really enjoyed the awesome short high. But for some reason I feel absolutely nothing now. I didn't think it was possible to build up a tolorence to whip its nor do I do them as much as other people. I've tried different brands such as "whip-it's" and "ultra pure whip" and nothing :'(. First the awesome wawawawawaw went away awhile ago but I still felt great but now I don't feel anything at all. I just did a double out of a balloon and nothing at all. I have started taking Prozac which did interfere with my oxy high the other day but I don't think it would inhibit n20. If anyone one has an answer I'd love your input. thanks!!

What exactly ARE whip its? I know I've heard of them I had a friend who did the and wanted me to try it even but me and her kinda list contact...

What exactly ARE whip its? I know I've heard of them I had a friend who did them and wanted me to try it even but me and her kinda lost contact...

You probably built up a tolerance to it, every drug has a tolerance, try taking a break for a little while, or up your dosage, which I dont recomend.

That's the thing I probably will do a box of 50 like twice a month. Could anything inhibit the high. Like my Prozac or oxy?

^ nope, these drugs are not likely to block the high from nitrous oxide, becaue they don't share any mechanisms of action, or interfere directly in the brain. it's probably tolerance, as others have stated. some people are more prone to develope tolerance than others.

First off opiods, and N2o DO share receptors, and opiods CAN interfere with N2O's analgesic abilities.
Here is a quote from an article you need to read.

"A large number of studies have established an important role for opioid receptors in the periaqueductal gray (PAG) area of the midbrain in pain modulation.24 The N2O-induced analgesic effect could be completely ablated after lesioning the PAG in the rat25 or following microinjection of opioid antagonists into the PAG.26–28"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1821130/

One of two things has taken place.

1) The opiods you are on have blocked the uptake of N2O

2) You fried the PAG area of your brain, and N2O can not have an effect on you.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more likely.

Either your receptors are shot or you're sniffing the inert gas that they put in whippits these days - and that's never gonna get you high.

That's the thing I probably will do a box of 50 like twice a month. Could anything inhibit the high. Like my Prozac or oxy?

Whenever I've got a supply of nitrous oxide chargers, I tend to use about one 50-count box a day. I usually buy a dozen or so boxes each month and have used the stuff for a couple years straight, without any noticeable change in tolerance. Supposing that a high tolerance to nitrous oxide's effects is plausible, I would be astonished if it could be attained with such paltry consumption as a single box per month.

Moreover, I cannot see how drugs like Prozac and oxycodone could interfere with and lessen this drug's effects. Perhaps there's a potential for this to occur, and someone more knowledgeable on this subject than myself could provide us with an informed account as to how it occurs.

First off opiods, and N2o DO share receptors, and opiods CAN interfere with N2O's analgesic abilities.
Here is a quote from an article you need to read.

"A large number of studies have established an important role for opioid receptors in the periaqueductal gray (PAG) area of the midbrain in pain modulation.24 The N2O-induced analgesic effect could be completely ablated after lesioning the PAG in the rat25 or following microinjection of opioid antagonists into the PAG.26–28"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1821130/

One of two things has taken place.

1) The opiods you are on have blocked the uptake of N2O

2) You fried the PAG area of your brain, and N2O can not have an effect on you.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more likely.
haven't got around to read thoroughly through that, but thanks in advance.

i still think it is pretty unlikely that either opioids or prozac block the action of nitrous oxide.

haven't got around to read thoroughly through that, but thanks in advance.

i still think it is pretty unlikely that either opioids or prozac block the action of nitrous oxide.

You're very welcome.

Read the article, and find more. It's all documented. No guessing games.

No. Not at all.

And where exactly did you get this gem of an answer from? Experience?

I already linked one medical article that states differently. I won't go into linking more. Please look up information before posting. You could actually hurt someone very seriously with opinion.

This site has more than it's share of opinion, and bad advice. I would have thought the Mods were here to correct misinformation.

Well, yes... anecdotally most people I know have no problem using nitrous oxide when on opioids. You only get to be that flippant if you're actually right.

You could actually hurt someone very seriously with opinion.

By what? Inhaling too many nitrous oxide chargers?

If you had read your article as deeply as you'd claim, you would notice they talk about opioid antagonists (viz. naloxone, naltrexone) blocking N2Os effects, not opioid agonists.

I already linked one medical article that states differently. I won't go into linking more. Please look up information before posting. You could actually hurt someone very seriously with opinion.

This site has more than it's share of opinion, and bad advice. I would have thought the Mods were here to correct misinformation.

I did. It would be ridiculous to just say no without having read anything.

HELP Im so confused right now. I'm no rookie to them, I've done them plenty of times and really enjoyed the awesome short high. But for some reason I feel absolutely nothing now. I didn't think it was possible to build up a tolorence to whip its nor do I do them as much as other people. I've tried different brands such as "whip-it's" and "ultra pure whip" and nothing :'(. First the awesome wawawawawaw went away awhile ago but I still felt great but now I don't feel anything at all. I just did a double out of a balloon and nothing at all. I have started taking Prozac which did interfere with my oxy high the other day but I don't think it would inhibit n20. If anyone one has an answer I'd love your input. thanks!!

OMG, 90% of the people on this forum are on Prozac. The kickbacks from Eli Lilly must be juicy. This stuff is getting prescibed for pretty much everything now that's mental related. Some people get it prescribed for simple anxiety, for godsake. Unless a person is so severely depressed that they are in serious danger of suicide Prozac is not appropriate because it's just too dangerous, in my personal opinion based on what I've read.

Today 05:57

Well, yes... anecdotally most people I know have no problem using nitrous oxide when on opioids. You only get to be that flippant if you're actually right.

You could actually hurt someone very seriously with opinion.

By what? Inhaling too many nitrous oxide chargers?

If you had read your article as deeply as you'd claim, you would notice they talk about opioid antagonists (viz. naloxone, naltrexone) blocking N2Os effects, not opioid agonists.

There is too much misinformation on this site for it to maintain credibility.​

Wasn't that THE POINT!!!

Opioid use will reduce the effects of N2o.

Why do people feel the need to measure manhood here. A factual answer has been given!

And YES very serious brain damage or death can occur from the use of "Whippits" especially when the effects are not recognized.

Asphyxial deaths from the recreational use of nitrous oxide.

Wagner SA1, Clark MA, Wesche DL, Doedens DJ, Lloyd AW.
Author information

Abstract

The recreational use of nitrous oxide is widespread. Nitrous oxide for recreational use is usually obtained from anesthesia tanks or whipped-cream machine chargers or cans. Twenty previously described deaths associated with recreational nitrous-oxide use describe anesthesia tanks and whipped-cream machine dispensors as a source. Five deaths associated with nitrous oxide use are presented; two involving whipped-cream cannisters as the source, two involving anesthesia tanks, and one involving a racing fuel tank as a source of nitrous oxide. Autopsy findings in our cases were subtle or negative, but usually suggestive of asphyxia. Through a laboratory simulation, we have confirmed that nitrous oxide displaces oxygen in a closed space, which probably leads to asphyxia. A review of the literature, neuropharmacology, and pathophysiology of nitrous oxide use is also presented.

http://www.justsayn2o.com/nitrous.dangers.html

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-uks-laughing-gas-megastore-but-for-how-long

http://www.cganet.com/n20guidelines.php

Death can occur. I find that reason for concern

Whenever I've got a supply of nitrous oxide chargers, I tend to use about one 50-count box a day. I usually buy a dozen or so boxes each month and have used the stuff for a couple years straight, without any noticeable change in tolerance. Supposing that a high tolerance to nitrous oxide's effects is plausible, I would be astonished if it could be attained with such paltry consumption as a single box per month.

Moreover, I cannot see how drugs like Prozac and oxycodone could interfere with and lessen this drug's effects. Perhaps there's a potential for this to occur, and someone more knowledgeable on this subject than myself could provide us with an informed account as to how it occurs.

Damn you've been using 50 chargers a day for years?!

Have you gotten any kind of memory or cognitive impairment of any kind??

I like whip its a lot and would do them with more frequency if I wasn't afraid of brain damage but it seems so hard to tell how much can actually cause any kind of noticeable effect on a person.

It would be nice to believe that one can do it as much as you have without having any problems but I don't know if that's the case.