• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Why can't I get high off ANY type of drug while on subs? Nothing works!

^I missed that bit about shooting n BBT it's good you raised this. Roxi if something goes wrong you could end up seriously ill, have absesses, end up having a limb amputated n even ending up losing your life. Plus there's more chance of you overdosing if you IV when you're not used to the ROA or the the substance. Also if you're not getting decent then you will not know what the dealers have cut your H with. It could a chemical that's dangerous, it coukd be something you're allergic too which csn be fatal (eg nut allergues. If I were you I'd get back on the subs programs n go for therapy to try to undeestand where the desparate need to high is about. There coukd be more going on here n the only waybyr gba get better n overcome this is to face what's going on for you <_3

Evey

I'm not feeling the desperate need to get high as much anymore, it would just be nice if I could. I'm aware I could od on heroin and not even get high, I also have a narcan nasal spray on hand. I have always researched everything meticulously when it comes to drug use. I do know how to hit a vein..in fact I'm 5/5 in that department, I just never had the patience to properly learn how to set it up, draw it up, filter...etc. So I have always mainly just sniffed dope or Roxie's in the past....ate any opiate pill with Tylenol in it. Basically, I'm not an idiot. I do know what I'm doing. I have always found it hilarious to see someone snorting a 5/325 percocet...you'd be surprised how dumb people are. I'm not a wreckless drug user. But most of the reasons why I use is to numb myself from emotional pain I don't want to feel, and I've had a lot of it over the years. I was just hoping I could get high after taking a break from subs...I was wrong. Im just going to end up trying to taper off subs, buying like 10 a month from a friend. It might never be the same for me..the opiate high I fell in love with so many years ago. The drug I've loved and hated for so long. I think it just scared me. I've had years of sobriety before, but I knew that drug was still out there and I could feel that rush again if I ever needed it. I wish I would have just went to meetings again and worked a program like I had before. Subs seemed like an easy out. Now I'm regretting it.

Yes I am in Ohio, USA. Lots of people here don't know much about the suboxone they take, but I'm the kind of person who researches something 20 times before I do it.

Yes I am in Ohio, USA. Lots of people here don't know much about the suboxone they take, but I'm the kind of person who researches something 20 times before I do it.

Im in Ohio too! FUCK YEA, OHIO!!!!

Dude, I don't know if it's hurtful or what to say this, I hope not, but I assure you that your opiate receptors will repair themselves with time, it just might mean a matter of months, not days. I remember feeling the someway when I was on 110mg of methadone a day, and could shoot a whole bundle of some fire heroin from NY in one go and just get a little rush and no high at all. It seemed like my brain had been ruined and over saturated. But I ended up kicking the methadone, and staying clean for six months, and when I relapsed, I made a $20 bag of what I look back on and realize was mediocre dope, last almost two days. I then got clean for nine more months, and then relapsed on 15mg of Hydrocodone, and I got so insanely high off those two vicodins I was almost uncomfortable.

Thing is, since then though, there's never been a period longer than 6-7 days that I've gone without some type of opiate, be it heroin, methadone or suboxone, so I have come to terms with the fact that I will not experience that euphoria again, unless I quit subs and give my brain some time to heal. And if I can accomplish that, I'd be kind of disappointed with myself if I relapsed. But I know what you mean about feeling a certain comfort in knowing that 'the high' was out there, if you chose to return to it.