• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Why can't i feel high from Ritalin after taking so much!?

Gapehorn

Greenlighter
I have taken 1 box of 10mg ritalin and a couple extra pills i snorted all of them except like 4.

I do get a bit tweaked and talkative but thats about it. I only feel happy right after i finish a line then after like 6 secs its gone!

How do people get high off of it.

Same thing happens to me with meth but with meth i get a bit high but no euphoria aswell!

I was on antidepressants for a long time ; the last one was an SNRI called duloxetine but i stopped taking it 5 days ago and im currently in withdrawals.

Could it be the antidepressant that’s diminishing the Ritalin high!? But even then with that high of a dose that i took i should feel some euphoria!

What is going on. Am i snorting wrong or am i taking lines too quick or what is it!?

Sorry for the dumb post ; im sleep deprived and morbidly tired

Be carefull. A full box of Ritalin but within how much time? That's 300mg here which is a pretty big amount and you risk having a heart attack.

People do get euphoria from methylphenidate that has both C-Jam and Bennies-like qualities, yes.

It could be the antidepressant monking with the metabolism of the methylphenidate but there is also the fact that with just about any drug the tolerance can develop unevenly, for example, somnolence from a given dose of morphine can disappear by day 4 but the high potential for constipation is more or less forever . . . I have heard more than once that the with methylphenidate stimulation-related side effects disappear more quickly than the anorectic effect when used as a diet pill.

Something you can do to help the methylphenidate have more of a kick and have a sunnier feeling to it would be to take it with 100-350 mg of caffeine.

Methylphenidate builds up tolerance more slowly than some of the other stimulants; I was on 15 mg q8h for a number of years for low blood pressure and a bit later 10 mg q6h for a couple of years as a nicomorphine potentiator . . . which is to say that 300 mg of it is rather unhealthy for anyone and it still has a moderate to high risk of causing a stroke of apoplexy at elevated doses, even if that risk is lower than amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, or methamphetamine.

People do get euphoria from methylphenidate that has both C-Jam and Bennies-like qualities, yes.

It could be the antidepressant monking with the metabolism of the methylphenidate but there is also the fact that with just about any drug the tolerance can develop unevenly, for example, somnolence from a given dose of morphine can disappear by day 4 but the high potential for constipation is more or less forever . . . I have heard more than once that the with methylphenidate stimulation-related side effects disappear more quickly than the anorectic effect when used as a diet pill.

Something you can do to help the methylphenidate have more of a kick and have a sunnier feeling to it would be to take it with 100-350 mg of caffeine.

Methylphenidate builds up tolerance more slowly than some of the other stimulants; I was on 15 mg q8h for a number of years for low blood pressure and a bit later 10 mg q6h for a couple of years as a nicomorphine potentiator . . . which is to say that 300 mg of it is rather unhealthy for anyone and it still has a moderate to high risk of causing a stroke of apoplexy at elevated doses, even if that risk is lower than amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, or methamphetamine.
I had no tolerance to it , thats the problem. And my heart rate wasn’t even elevated. I guess ill wait till the snri is completely out of my body

Be carefull. A full box of Ritalin but within how much time? That's 300mg here which is a pretty big amount and you risk having a heart attack.
In a span of like 6 hrs. But i did snort 150 mg in like 20 mins

I had no tolerance to it , thats the problem. And my heart rate wasn’t even elevated. I guess ill wait till the snri is completely out of my body

There is that and the fact that part of euphoria from a lot of drugs is the transition, i.e. the come-up, so having an antidepressant in the mix will mean the methylphenidate is not starting from zero and the change is not as noticeable. Methylphenidate used to carry an indication for depression, especially mono-polar depression with lethargy, and the higher CNS-peripheral actions ratio meant that it did a somewhat better job and was somewhat more well tolerated than amphetamines for this purpose. It was a straightforward one too and the interactions list is nowhere near what especially second-generation antidepressants and related drugs have, and fewer side effects. Plus, if it needs to be discontinued, the washout period is on the order of 6-10 hours, not days or weeks.

Last edited:
Max. amount is 80 mg (orally) - snorting ist so bad, think of a talkum lunge - you surely won't to suffer from that.

AND: you never get HIGH from Ritalin - it just makes you feel more aware, c oncentrated , and so on - also if you have no ADHD. In higher doses I have heard from Heart problems, problems with the lungs, paranoia, sweating the shit out of you, and: from hallucinations. a friend of mine had it 3 times.

Take care.